Simulator Basics

Options

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Levels scaling some, but only a small gradient (Thugs in first easy node began at 25, are now at 30). Not sure if scaling is per node or cumulative yet.
    Cumulative. Although with a much better gradient and something that we looked up called a "ceiling". Progression rewards were tuned to be more in line with what harder core players are capable of earning. We went a bit too far last time around on them. Although there were people that got them all, it wasn't as many as we would have liked.
  • Ran one full run of both regular and hard mode -

Missions and rewards are constant between both. Levels look to be roughly doubled between easy and hard. Finishing one run of easy gave me ~1100 rank points, one run of hard gave me ~4900. 5 runs per node, with 1/2 points each run means that give or take rubberbanding - 6000+3000+1500+750+375= 11625 (approx.) is the current number of points per full depletion of both subs. Looks like the higher tier prog rewards are much more in line this time around - refresh periods will ultimately determine how many people reach the 300K.

Pulled in roughly 20K ISO for a single run of all nodes in both subs! Definitely planning to play this for main event rewards and not worry about subs, since the tokens aren't likely to help my roster.

Levels scaling some, but only a small gradient (Thugs in first easy node began at 25, are now at 30). Not sure if scaling is per node or cumulative yet.

That's all I have to report right now!
    Damn, I'm in same main bracket. Not good.
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Appreciate the clarity and transparency Ice!
  • Ran one full run of both regular and hard mode -

Missions and rewards are constant between both. Levels look to be roughly doubled between easy and hard. Finishing one run of easy gave me ~1100 rank points, one run of hard gave me ~4900. 5 runs per node, with 1/2 points each run means that give or take rubberbanding - 6000+3000+1500+750+375= 11625 (approx.) is the current number of points per full depletion of both subs. Looks like the higher tier prog rewards are much more in line this time around - refresh periods will ultimately determine how many people reach the 300K.

Pulled in roughly 20K ISO for a single run of all nodes in both subs! Definitely planning to play this for main event rewards and not worry about subs, since the tokens aren't likely to help my roster.

That's all I have to report right now!

Thanks for the intel!
  • whorst wrote:
    That hard mode fight with ****Wolverine, Daken and the Maggia guy is driving me crazy
    So much damage and can't use Patch or **Wolvie
    Loki appears to be the only character with a hefty event buff at least for now (you know, long arrow instead of short arrow that means you'll barely notice they're buffed if they're maxed). He likes strike tiles.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Cumulative. Although with a much better gradient and something that we looked up called a "ceiling". Progression rewards were tuned to be more in line with what harder core players are capable of earning. We went a bit too far last time around on them. Although there were people that got them all, it wasn't as many as we would have liked.

Ceiling. Does this mean that some missions will cap out at lower levels and others will cap out at higher? No more first mission level 230s?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    SirKopath wrote:
    Ceiling. Does this mean that some missions will cap out at lower levels and others will cap out at higher? No more first mission level 230s?
    It's technically possible but very unlikely. ::Waits for incoming Challenge Accepted meme .jpg::
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    Options
    This event seems very balanced, finally there are no more first mission lv 230, THANKS and congratulations:)
  • IceIX wrote:
    SirKopath wrote:
    It's technically possible but very unlikely. ::Waits for incoming Challenge Accepted meme .jpg::

Thanks! I'll be careful to not over grind missions then heh.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ofcourse progression rewards are earnable now, since there is no rare/fresh heroes in them.
    IceIX wrote:
    Although there were people that got them all

Since the Heroic did not "hard reset" points every 12 hours, (instead of players last completion in specific mission) and 11 full refreshes were needed, that was superhuman performance.
  • IceIX wrote:
    SirKopath wrote:

Any word on the reset time?
  • Here comes all of the captain america covers -.- .
  • Unity wrote:
    Here comes all of the captain america covers -.- .

Tell me about it. Got both tokens and 2 yellow caps. Which ive already maxed. Gutted icon_e_sad.gif
  • Interesting selection of boosted characters. Not sure what my team composition will be.
  • Something is wrong today... I already pulled 3x 3 star covers from standard tokens O.o
  • radiopy
    radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Did you all click the beak of the falcon on the "stage select" screen and get the Psylock/Dino/Dino battle? Insane!
  • aussiemac
    aussiemac Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So based on previous rubber banding principles... is it better to play once every 8 hours? Or wait until the final few hours of the event and blitz? I've never figured out which would provide the bigger result.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2014
    Options
    IceIX wrote:

Hey IceIX, what was the design reasoning behind the levels scaling cumulatively as opposed to on a per node basis? A lot of the forumers (myself included) were requesting static scaling so that only each individual node scales, and I was curious as to why you guys were doing this scaling across the board.

Also, does this level scaling persist across different subevents?
  • windfallstar
    Options
    I hope those progression rewards are reachable. i could really use more patch covers.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Veracity wrote:
    Looking at her abilities, I want The Hood more than ever.

Also, strike and attack on the same character again.

The Hood had a sex change?