Simulator Basics

Options

Comments

• Right after the event came out, I checked enemy levels. They were all lv 20 for Simulator Prep 01 and Prep 02.

Now, (about 3.5 hours after event started), I see Prep 01 has enemies lv 10-11, and Prep 02 has enemies lv 21-22.
  • Right after the event came out, I checked enemy levels. They were all lv 20 for Simulator Prep 01 and Prep 02.

Now, (about 3.5 hours after event started), I see Prep 01 has enemies lv 10-11, and Prep 02 has enemies lv 21-22.
    My levels in main have changed too, although Prep 01 is only 17-18, and Prep 02 is now all 28
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    Options
    aussiemac wrote:
    So based on previous rubber banding principles... is it better to play once every 8 hours? Or wait until the final few hours of the event and blitz? I've never figured out which would provide the bigger result.
    I also have the same doubt.
  • Why are the top players still people with 1* and 2* charcters under level 50? Looks like that havent been "fixed". So many cheaters.
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    The Hood had a sex change?
    Hood steals AP all the time and speeds up countdowns, Betsy steals probably ALL yer AP on the color you have most of with a countdown.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TheHood wrote:
    aussiemac wrote:
    So based on previous rubber banding principles... is it better to play once every 8 hours? Or wait until the final few hours of the event and blitz? I've never figured out which would provide the bigger result.
    I also have the same doubt.

Historically the best way to do it was to play once every 8 hours, timing it such that your last playthrough ends just as the subevent/event is about to end. Figure out how many clears you want to do, and time yourself accordingly.
  • I'm just happy that Patch Yellow - which is the one I need - is the lowest prize. He'll be the first 3* I've maxed (or, really, even come close to maxing).
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unity wrote:
    Why are the top players still people with 1* and 2* charcters under level 50? Looks like that havent been "fixed". So many cheaters.

Because all the veterans barring Walkyourpath are standing on the beach complaining that the ocean is too cold and they don't want to end up swimming with Nemek.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What a lovely event -good job, D3. icon_cool.gif

Who knew the simple joy that is a Storm + Ragnorak + Daken boost team?
  • windfallstar
    Options
    Well I jumped into a bracket. I sure hope it won't come back to haunt me icon_neutral.gif
  • I seem to have gotten into quite a decent bracket. Don't really see any of the crazy ones (yet)
    MYeg5w6.png

Who knows who's lurking in the 990 spots below
  • Cleared every stage in both modes once. The wolvies in the hard mode 5k iso match went from 98s to 105s. Not sure how quick they're gonna go up if you grind out all the iso (~18k+ and the 2x5k) but worth doing most likely. And the subs are gonna run 4 times, maybe with different/better rewards. Holy Cow!

I get (have) to use a bunch of different hero combos, and the opponents are varied and sometimes challenging. Dat doom/mags/hood, dayum! Overall, excellent event so far, I'm glad they have my attention again, this is fantastic =D
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just the variation of opponents is a delight, grinding DA at levels 230 gets a bit painful, frustrating, borderline masochistic, especial without a stun spiderman.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    abuelo wrote:
    Holy tinykitty, the hood/doom/magneto combo is tinykitty lethal.

Infinite AP
    I just got utterly murdered on that level. Hood's five yellow and Magneto's five purple is a beast, and then Doctor Doom picks off anybody left.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Cumulative. Although with a much better gradient and something that we looked up called a "ceiling".

For once in a great while this is literal... LOL
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I decide to see who's #1 in my Hard bracket. Some dude called "TheLadder"… hey, let's look at TheLadder's roster…

It…

It's like staring into the sun.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    whorst wrote:
    Something is wrong today... I already pulled 3x 3 star covers from standard tokens O.o

yeah, I pulled two doom covers from the standard tokes as well
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    whorst wrote:
    I seem to have gotten into quite a decent bracket. Don't really see any of the crazy ones (yet)
    MYeg5w6.png

Who knows who's lurking in the 990 spots below

German or Austrian?
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    German or Austrian?
    German

I wish there was an easier way to switch the game language to english though, apart from changing the OS language
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    How do they populate the brackets anyway? Is as simple as first come first serve or do they start a few and feel them up skill based?