Comments

• NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    whorst wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:
    German or Austrian?
    German

I wish there was an easier way to switch the game language to english though, apart from changing the OS language

you and me both...I appreciate the effort they took to translate the thing but in some places the translation is lacking and with many things I just prefere the original language.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How do they populate the brackets anyway? Is as simple as first come first serve or do they start a few and feel them up skill based?

First come first served.
  • I'm digging on the 5k iso reward! All in favor of making it a standard reward, vote aye!
  • Ha! Cheater already got banned in my Hard sub-bracket. Guy went up to 10000 in the time it took me to clear the first 5 nodes the first time through. Seeing a name disappear like that just never gets old....
  • aussiemac
    aussiemac Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    whorst wrote:
    Something is wrong today... I already pulled 3x 3 star covers from standard tokens O.o

yeah, I pulled two doom covers from the standard tokes as well

I wish I could say the same... I'm getting my standard IM35s and Modern BW... hoping luck will come my way soon!
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Unity wrote:
    She's got serious back issues there too. Did Rob Liefeld ghost-draw the pencils on that one?
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    None of the forumites i recognise so far appear to be in any of my brackets.

I've felt we needed our own space for a while now.

It's not you it's me.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Unity wrote:
    She's got serious back issues there too. Did Rob Liefeld ghost-draw the pencils on that one?

No bagman did with the help of moonstones crippled hand. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    None of the forumites i recognise so far appear to be in any of my brackets.

I've felt we needed our own space for a while now.

It's not you it's me.

yep same here, i dont see anybody from here...why are they keeping us apart icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unity wrote:

icon_e_surprised.gif Dat ****.
  • Also its nice to give Modern Hawkeye/BW and Juggernaut a run during these early missions. they deserve to get out once in awhile. Run my darlings, YOUR FREE
  • Unity wrote:

icon_e_surprised.gif Dat ****.

Seconded. Battle thongs FTW lol
  • Holy tinykitty, the Maggia grunts are still overpowered.

There is no way the first round of the simulator should be terrifying to complete successfully....

Pistol... Pistol... Pistol... Sniper Rifle...

How in the universe are level 20's grunts downing 85+ characters with relative ease? icon_eek.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Levels scaling some, but only a small gradient (Thugs in first easy node began at 25, are now at 30). Not sure if scaling is per node or cumulative yet.
    Cumulative. Although with a much better gradient and something that we looked up called a "ceiling". Progression rewards were tuned to be more in line with what harder core players are capable of earning. We went a bit too far last time around on them. Although there were people that got them all, it wasn't as many as we would have liked.

Hey IceIX, what was the design reasoning behind the levels scaling cumulatively as opposed to on a per node basis? A lot of the forumers (myself included) were requesting static scaling so that only each individual node scales, and I was curious as to why you guys were doing this scaling across the board.

Also, does this level scaling persist across different subevents?

Bump for visibility.
  • Feyda
    Feyda Posts: 105
    Options
    Came home tried the hard simulator and no way to beat a level 120 boosted daken wolverine goon combo... Daken has over 5k hp, regens close to 400 hp per turn and spams 87 dmg strike tile. I don't have a 2 ap cheese stun to get past the level so guess it aint gonna happen.... hate broken pve content.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Holy tinykitty, the Maggia grunts are still overpowered.

There is no way the first round of the simulator should be terrifying to complete successfully....

Pistol... Pistol... Pistol... Sniper Rifle...

How in the universe are level 20's grunts downing 85+ characters with relative ease? icon_eek.gif

I honestly think that, level for level, Maggia Muscle is the toughest opponent in the game.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    This event is a blast...I'm enjoying mixing and matching teams. And the ISO, so much ISO!!!

Thank you.
  • IMO toughest opponent is always boosted Daken (don't have a usable Spidey)
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Feyda wrote:
    Came home tried the hard simulator and no way to beat a level 120 boosted daken wolverine goon combo... Daken has over 5k hp, regens close to 400 hp per turn and spams 87 dmg strike tile. I don't have a 2 ap cheese stun to get past the level so guess it aint gonna happen.... hate broken pve content.

I can beat them within 4 minutes using Maxed classic storm, Maxed Obw, and level 75 moonstone. Boost are REQUIRED, i use +3 all ap, +3 purple/blue, and +3 black/green. I stunned daken with c storm, then i targeted xforce with moonstone photon blast, stole ap with obw, used storm to collect ap, finished xforce and daken with all that ap. Maggia didnt stand a chance in either mode. I also managed to get enough ap for control shift if needed.