Simulator Basics

Options

Comments

• I like community scaling more than personal scaling. If you're a high level player, you have a better chance. But it means some scrub team with low personal scaling won't steal your chance at a character/reward like what happened with Oscorp Heroic.
  • jozier wrote:
    I like community scaling more than personal scaling. If you're a high level player, you have a better chance. But it means some scrub team with low personal scaling won't steal your chance at a character/reward like what happened with Oscorp Heroic.

That's a good point, but it also screws over people like me in other timezones (I'm in Australia) who can't really do anything till we're on our way home from work in about about 6 hours. What are the levels going to be like then?
  • I'm lacking a Loki to play some of the missions in Simulation and I was wondering if my chances of getting one are better if I try the Diabolical or the Simulator pack?
  • jozier wrote:
    I like community scaling more than personal scaling. If you're a high level player, you have a better chance. But it means some scrub team with low personal scaling won't steal your chance at a character/reward like what happened with Oscorp Heroic.
    Sure, but if you want some high points stuff you can do and the filthy scrubs can't to ensure they don't make off with your Betsies, remind me again why we needed dynamic scaling to begin with? That's how this stuff always worked.

I realize it wasn't your idea, mind.

@faustianpact: Diabolical pack (not pull) guarantees one of each, if you want to spend that much.
  • Sorry, I meant (singular) pull! Looking to spend as little (if possible) as I can.
  • Sorry, I meant (singular) pull! Looking to spend as little (if possible) as I can.
    In that case, no one really knows. The chance of getting a Loki off any single pull isn't very good. Come to think of it, though, the Highly Trained pack guarantees a Loki atm and is cheaper than a Diabolical pack. If you want guaranteed, I'm afraid you need to cough up the big bucks. You could always just do a Highly Trained pull, at least they're on a cheapish daily. You can never have too many Captain Americas.
  • Omg does this Psylocke chick is too strong! Can we please fun balance her ASAP?
  • klingsor wrote:
    Omg does this Psylocke chick is too strong! Can we please fun balance her ASAP?

Good luck getting close enough to her to do that...
  • Haha, the RNG gods must be laughing at me; I did 3 Diabolical pulls and got all Ragnorok. I guess it's not in the cards for me to get Loki.
  • Haha, the RNG gods must be laughing at me; I did 3 Diabolical pulls and got all Ragnorok. I guess it's not in the cards for me to get Loki.
    Should've just bought the 5-pack if you were going to buy 3 singles
  • So how do the enemies scale then?in the SIM 4 the 1st time i did the mission they were all 46. i left it for awhile and came back and they were all 56, i though 'hmmm' then when i went back just now they were all 66?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So... has a refresh hit yet? I think it's been 8 hours since the start of the event. If it hasn't, then I think we just confirmed 12 hour refresh cycles!
  • When does the first sub end?
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So. Has anyone tried losing in missions to bring the levels down yet? No idea if it'll work, what with the community scaling and all, but it's worth finding out, right?
    In fact, I'll go try that right now.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    So... has a refresh hit yet? I think it's been 8 hours since the start of the event. If it hasn't, then I think we just confirmed 12 hour refresh cycles!

I'm still seeing 7 point missions...So 12 hours it is.
  • Haven't done any of the missions yet.

On one accounts Prep 01 enemies are lv 7-8 and Prep 02 enemies are lv 24-25
    On another account, Prep 01 enemies are lv1 and Prep 02 enemies are lv 13-14.

On top of community scaling, is there some MMR factor, too?
    Again, I haven't started this event in either account.
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So. Has anyone tried losing in missions to bring the levels down yet? No idea if it'll work, what with the community scaling and all, but it's worth finding out, right?
    In fact, I'll go try that right now.

Ok, I just retreated about 25 times and there was no change in levels. So I'll tentatively say this does not work.
    I think it's good, actually, that you can't artificially lower the difficulty.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When does the first sub end?

They end when the simulator token sale ends at the store page.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Haha, the RNG gods must be laughing at me; I did 3 Diabolical pulls and got all Ragnorok. I guess it's not in the cards for me to get Loki.

I've gotten like 4 purples from standard tokens. Pretty ssure he's the most common villain in them.

Don't bother with the diabolicals.
  • Busy work day means I can't grind these events at all lol. I've done each mission once and a couple twice.