Simulator Basics

Options

Comments

• Seems like rubberbanding is lower than usual, subs go for 2d 12h, dunno how fast stacks deplete/refresh.
  • I need psylocke so bad icon_e_sad.gif

She seems to have terrible synergy with Spidey+Hulk though.

If you ever give us Kitty Pryde, please give her purple and black or I'll die.
  • If rubber banding has been nerfed, I might have a fighting chance... I lack the patience and discipline to time my runs. I just want to grind grind grind whenever the boss isn't looking.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Power sets for enemies are definitely different between levels. "Easy mode" Magneto has 4 in purple, "hard mode" has five. Probably safe to assume there's a lot of little differences along the way.
  • Please be 12 hours.

The scaling isn't isolated per mission, as far as I can see. Lord knows what it is doing, not enough info yet to tell and if it's like previous outings what everyone else is doing matters, so it can fluctuate on its own, but I'm seeing levels creeping up on nodes I haven't touched yet. Started hard mode first - if everything's interdependent it might well be another "do everything backwards" job. Give it some hours or days and it might be wall of 230 time, but should be entertaining until then.

Random battle "simulator" is a nice solution to usually fighting the same old DAs with the same old heroes.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    I'm seeing some light rubberbanding on points in easy mode, haven't seen any in hard mode yet but that may be because I stormed to the top of my bracket there and am still #3.

It would be interesting if we see very different mechanics. No level scaling and some rubberbanding in easy mode, light level scaling and no rubberbanding in hard.

2d 12h is a very long time for subs... Im probably going to join tomorrow then: i dont need patch progression rewards, and joining later maximizes the chance of me getting into a slacker bracket and not having to do too much work for psylocke.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I hate the idea of 12 hours. I need time to do the missions too. Either 10 or 18 imo. I can't do these 12/24 and try to beat the clock.

Can you do both easy and hard versions? Would it even be worth it to do easy if you can just focus on hard?
  • I noticed the "extra" characters buffed in "Simulator Basics" didn't carry over to "The Simulator," so I'm guessing those are characters who will be powered up for later submissions. Unfortunately, I can't go back and check now - I remember Hulk, Doctor Doom, and The Hood, I think. Were there others?
  • Oeh, too much effort to do full clear...cant be bothered to do more than twice. I wish I had good spidey for hard mode one, Daken one is pain if get bad board with my heroes already on normal side.
  • Went from almost zero to 17 thousand ISO from just about 90 minutes of this event. AWESOME
  • Starting to see rubberbanding in the hard mode as well.

On my screen at the moment,

Easy rubberband multiplier = 1.55x and climbing.
    Hard rubberband multiplier - 1.21x and climbing.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    I'm seeing some light rubberbanding on points in easy mode, haven't seen any in hard mode yet but that may be because I stormed to the top of my bracket there and am still #3.

It would be interesting if we see very different mechanics. No level scaling and some rubberbanding in easy mode, light level scaling and no rubberbanding in hard.

2d 12h is a very long time for subs... Im probably going to join tomorrow then: i dont need patch progression rewards, and joining later maximizes the chance of me getting into a slacker bracket and not having to do too much work for psylocke.
    Same for me. None of the progression rewards are all that great imo, since my Patch has max covers. 8000 iso is nice, but not omgawesome.
  • Dayv
    Options
    At the very least, it's worth doing every mission once for the initial ISO flood, and don't miss Simulation 04, worth 5000 ISO in both modes.

There are thousands and thousands of ISO on the table even if you're not interesting in grinding for placement or progression rewards.
  • Holy ****, the hood/doom/magneto combo is **** lethal.

Infinite AP
  • optimiza
    optimiza Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hmm, looks like this will be very fun to try when I get home. If this is an apology for Oscorp sucking, it sounds like the community has accepted it pretty readily.
  • I've never hated my job more than right now.

Can't wait to get home and gorge myself on iso.
  • That hard mode fight with ****Wolverine, Daken and the Maggia guy is driving me crazy
    So much damage and can't use Patch or **Wolvie
  • Dayv
    Options
    What has two thumbs and just added eight levels to his previously level 90 GSBW? This guy. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Can't wait for all that sweet, sweet ISO. Need it so badly.
  • I noticed the "extra" characters buffed in "Simulator Basics" didn't carry over to "The Simulator," so I'm guessing those are characters who will be powered up for later submissions. Unfortunately, I can't go back and check now - I remember Hulk, Doctor Doom, and The Hood, I think. Were there others?
    On my screen it was every 3* villain EXCEPT Hood