Simulator Basics

Options

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    radiopy wrote:
    Devil Dinosaur is officially a 4-star character.
    Wasn't he one star before?
  • KidInsomnia
    Options
    radiopy wrote:
    Devil Dinosaur is officially a 4-star character.

Like, gettable?
  • radiopy
    radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not sure if he's gettable, but when you click on him pre-match to review his powers, it shows his cover and 4 stars. No power other than green right now.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Devil D needs a 2nd power...

It needs to involve a revolver....(NEEDS TO)

tumblr_l15ib9wCvq1qbxc42o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAI6WLSGT7Y3ET7ADQ&Expires=1392229370&Signature=Qo4jhO%2Fpm5rLuY7bpwmiPAKBuXU%3D#_=_
  • Ok, I'm in. Loving the ISO in this event!
  • The Superior Wilson
    The Superior Wilson Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This looks awesome. Some good stuff out there.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Walk, can you give us some more information for the people that are waiting it out? icon_e_biggrin.gif. What is the subevent struture, how does scaling work, etc etc.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Walk, can you give us some more information for the people that are waiting it out? icon_e_biggrin.gif. What is the subevent struture, how does scaling work, etc etc.

Give me an hour or two - still doing some work, and I'm 3 nodes short of one clear through the Simulator, so can't speak to scaling yet. Haven't even touched hard mode yet though. So far, lots of enemy variety, good rewards per node. Point values seem to be similar to Heroic (i.e. halving in value per clear, but haven't done enough to know how many stacks yet). Will report back later!

Edit: Looks like they got rid of the Hammer boost as a reward! Rewards per repeatable node are Standard Token, 100 ISO, 250 ISO, 500 ISO.
  • optimiza
    optimiza Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    radiopy wrote:
    Simulation 4 - you get 5000 iso for beating it. AWESOME.

This doesn't happen to be one of the events that requires Loki, is it?
  • Dayv
    Options
    The two main event battles are non-repeatable and open up two very similar events, one regular and one hard mode. Doing are mode doesn't appear to lock out easy mode.

Hard mode has somewhat higher starting levels for enemies, more event points, and appears to have some limited per-mission level scaling, but it's too early to know how that will work out.

Lots of variety in enemies to fight.

The only required character in either sub event appears to be Loki, people expect that to change later.

Placement rewards for sub events are mostly 1-3 tokens, either 2* "Highly Trained" or 1* Standard.
  • Dayv
    edited February 2014
    Options
    optimiza wrote:
    radiopy wrote:
    Simulation 4 - you get 5000 iso for beating it. AWESOME.

This doesn't happen to be one of the events that requires Loki, is it?
    No.

You have to open up some other missions to get to it, but none of them have required characters.

In fact, all of the required character missions are standalone - if you don't have that character they don't stand in the way of any other missions in the event.

As a "simulation", it's light on story. No talking heads at all so far.
  • This seems awesome. Gonna join as soon as I can. Want Psylocke.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    The two main event battles are non-repeatable and open up two very similar events, one regular and one hard mode. Doing are mode doesn't appear to lock out easy mode.

Hard mode has somewhat higher starting levels for enemies, more event points, and appears to have some limited per-mission level scaling, but it's too early to know how that will work out.

Lots of variety in enemies to fight.

The only required character in either sub event appears to be Loki, people expect that to change later.

Placement rewards for sub events are mostly 1-3 tokens, either 2* "Highly Trained" or 1* Standard.

The subevents were 36 hours, correct? (Implying a 12 hour reset). How many nodes are there in each subevent? How many times can you repeatedly grind a mission? Are the mission rewards the standard 100/500/boost/token rewards?
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    This seems awesome. Gonna join as soon as I can. Want Psylocke.

Ditto. I am abandoning all other events for this one.
  • Dayv
    Options
    Don't underestimate the Magneto in Simulation 03, hard mode (I don't know if the power sets between modes vary), that battle station is fully operational. He downed one of my characters quite easily with Magnetic Translocation.
  • Simulator Fun Fact: If you are facing off against a character, that character will be locked in your roster. No bringing Spidey when you fight Spidey, etc...
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As far as I can tell, although don't quote me on it.
    There doesn't appear to be rubberbanding that I've noticed in Hard mode.
  • Well ive done each node on both sims once and have made about 20k iso, so well worth it icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dayv
    Options
    Simulator Fun Fact: If you are facing off against a character, that character will be locked in your roster. No bringing Spidey when you fight Spidey, etc...
    Yeah, and given the variety of characters it's highly unlikely you'll waltz through every mission with your entire A team.

Not one member of my A team is even buffed, dangit!
  • Dayv
    Options
    I'm seeing some light rubberbanding on points in easy mode, haven't seen any in hard mode yet but that may be because I stormed to the top of my bracket there and am still #3.

It would be interesting if we see very different mechanics. No level scaling and some rubberbanding in easy mode, light level scaling and no rubberbanding in hard.