***** Wong (Sorcerer Supreme) *****

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

I played a battle against Ihulk. Wong went away and ihulk died. Wong returned but Ihulk didn't revive.
    This must be the "new way to shake up the meta" in a stealthy way.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,890 Chairperson of the Boards

I noticed the same. The enemy was down to Chasm and Wong. Wong went away. I killed Chasm, and Wong returned but Chasm did not resurrect.

I think that one has to be a bug, but it does seem like there are a few other inconsistencies in how Wong's powers are written vs how they work.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,928 Chairperson of the Boards

Probably a bug because being 'away' is a new status and their revival powers probably don't check for 'away' as a status like they do for say 'airborne'.

It worked fine with SheHulk when I downed her and Wong was away, he came back and next turn she revived.

KGB

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,544 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:
    She-Hulk's resurrection checks at the start of her team's turn, so if you down her first, then down the rest of her team in the same turn, she won't resurrect at all.

Interesting. I did not know this.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,890 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

Huh, it actually is stated that way in her power description! It says, if she's downed and there are non-downed allies, she's resurrected on her team's next turn.

I never checked in game, I just assumed it was a bug. It's confusing that She-Hulk, a character who has resurrection plus two active abilities of rather....questionable...value, purposely, by design, has a significantly worse resurrection power than Chasm, who has arguably the best passive abilities in the game.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

By the way, someone else noticed that Shulk's black power "... it makes me stronger" just continues the sentence on Ihulk's black?

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,978 Chairperson of the Boards

went 4 for 15 in his vault
    1 witch
    2 gar
    1 wong

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,126 Chairperson of the Boards

I went 2/2 - one each of Switch and Gargantos. Ended 9/72: 5 Switch (now champed), 3 Garg (now 453) and only 1Wong (red). Might keep pulling for more Wongs, or just wait until he's in LL as hoarding now until Riri leaves with 111 LTs already saved.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards

40 pulls

2 GG
    5 Wanda
    3 Wong now at 2/2/2

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor

When does Wong start to get fed by abomination???

• techgrunt
    techgrunt Posts: 22 Just Dropped In

@turbomoose said:

I am really curious about this also. I know this has been asked many times. Please let us know.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor

25 pulls

1 x Wong , 2 SW , 1 gargantos

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards

Update on the wording of the Bolt of Balthakk. On the board it now reads, “….. drain 3 enemy AP in his strongest color, and gain 1 red AP and 1 purple AP”.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,613 Chairperson of the Boards

Two Scarlet Witch covers and I am calling it there as I need to repair my hoard. Wong can wait.

• capnthordo
    capnthordo Posts: 17 Just Dropped In

@turbomoose said:

Still no word on this?

• _TrashPanda
    _TrashPanda Posts: 64 Match Maker

@entrailbucket said:
    I noticed the same. The enemy was down to Chasm and Wong. Wong went away. I killed Chasm, and Wong returned but Chasm did not resurrect.

I think that one has to be a bug, but it does seem like there are a few other inconsistencies in how Wong's powers are written vs how they work.

From my understanding, it's not a bug. The "away" power treats it like the character is essentially "gone to another dimension"/ "dead" when they're away. So if Wong goes away and during that time you kill their Chasm/ ihulk/ etc. they shouldn't regen.

Shehulk works a bit differently so wouldn't apply to her the same way.

• _TrashPanda
    _TrashPanda Posts: 64 Match Maker

@IceIX said:

• 'Away' status is just that. The character in question isn't on the battlefield. When in this status, they cannot interact with the battle in any way, offensively or defensively. It's hard to deal damage when you're literally in Timbuktu.

This is why I don't believe it's a bug.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

To see things from another way, Wong went into the teamup/boost slot during those two or three turns.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 214 Tile Toppler

@_TrashPanda said:

@IceIX said:

• 'Away' status is just that. The character in question isn't on the battlefield. When in this status, they cannot interact with the battle in any way, offensively or defensively. It's hard to deal damage when you're literally in Timbuktu.

This is why I don't believe it's a bug.

If it's not a bug, then maybe a good counter power would be to send a random or chosen character away for one or two turns and down the resurrection character, assuming of course you were able to generate the necessary ap.