***** Wong (Sorcerer Supreme) *****

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023
    Options

What's weird is the low true heal.
    It should be like 20k compared to the 5k protects.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,949 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Sigh. It's weird because 9000 in strike tiles or 5000 in protect tiles is really good, while a 5000 point true heal is basically insignificant.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Does the randomly fired yellow power determine what you have on yellow for the rest of the match kind of like Moon Knight? Or is it player selectable when actively fired? If the latter, he could be another Danver5 buddy.

• mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Does the randomly fired yellow power determine what you have on yellow for the rest of the match kind of like Moon Knight? Or is it player selectable when actively fired? If the latter, he could be another Danver5 buddy.

The active says "choose a spell type" so I'm thinking the latter.

• mdreyer93
    Options

Wong preview is live in-game. I see a couple changes, most notably:

• A Wong Entrance added that it triggers an active Wand of Watoomb tile after the summoned character fires their power.
    • Level 1 Mystic Mending heals the team for 620 health. I know they said the scaling in the preview was wrong so this is no surprise. I wonder if the max goes above 5000 now?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Sometimes, the changes will kick in after x hours after the preview is up. I remember this happened for a few characters in the past.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@mdreyer93 said:

This is a great summary of the powers. His damage and Strike/Protect tiles seem particularly strong. Having a 2/3 chance to start off the battle with 5034 worth of protects or 8760 of strikes is HUGE! for comparison, BRB starts w/ 4x~300 protects, Electro's yellow creates 1x1380 Strike, Goblin purple creates 3x1470 protects or strikes. Sersi purple passive creates 1x1750 SAP each turn.

The damage from purple isn't anything to look down on either, for 7 purple and assuming at least 2 SAP on the board, Rescue does 3 hits for 36,400 total dmg. Shulk does 42,280 dmg, ignoring protects. KK creates an additional 5696 of protects and fortifies 6 of them. Those are pretty strong nukes! 5200-6000 dmg/AP. Gargantos' blue only does 4400 dmg/AP. IM red does 4,580 dmg/AP IF you have 2 team IM, Electro black does 4900 dmg/AP IF there are <8 TU on the board.

Edited after it was confirmed his red passive doesn't boost his purple "allies"

damage. Still top tier nukes

You are exagerating a bit here.
    The yellow will take effect after 3 long turns, although it can be matched.
    The strikes being 6 are helpful but hard to keep.
    Purple power damage can be high but it's delayed to 3 longs turns too.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

His purple could have some interesting interaction with characters that can revive, depending on the order of operation. For example, if She-Hulk is downed, Wong would come back early, and then She-Hulk revives. Another thing to note is that it doesn't specify that he will return at the start of player's turn, but the trigger is when all allies are downed. Potentially, he could come back during enemy's turn. There are a lot of things that need to be tested for Wong because there are quite a lot of unanswered question, which makes it intriguing.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023
    Options

Revive characters like chasm and iHulk probably won’t trigger it, because they don’t trigger Sighclops’ yellow going to black. She-Hulk might because she stays dead for a second. In fact I’d be curious if being “away” counts as being an “active ally” for the purposes of iHulk’s revive.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

That's why a few things need to be tested in his pvps. Jean Grey, Loki, Abomination and Ikaris might trigger Cyclops' abilities as well. I'm not sure about Sersi and Bruce Banner.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Sigh. It's weird because 9000 in strike tiles or 5000 in protect tiles is really good, while a 5000 point true heal is basically insignificant.

Team true heal broke the 2* meta back in 2014 and hasn't been seen since. I can see why they are cautious with it, even on a complex, fiddly power like that one.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    Options

At 5 covers I was under the impression that one of the spells made 5 protects and another spell made 6 strikes but the preview shows just 3 of each even at 5 covers. Is this something that will go up to 5 and 6 respectively?

• Bad
    Options

They changed it. Also the purple at 5 now it's 2 turns.
    The purple can prove a really annoying power to face on defense. Wong is annoying on all his toolkit. If chasm lets Wong play, that's it.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options

Such a shame there’s no 3* for this release, Wong is one of my favourite characters in the MCU hope they can revisit it at a later date

I suspect our next 3/5 will be quantum mania based as that’s out next month

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023
    Options

@Pantera236 said:
    At 5 covers I was under the impression that one of the spells made 5 protects and another spell made 6 strikes but the preview shows just 3 of each even at 5 covers. Is this something that will go up to 5 and 6 respectively?

It still is 5 and 6 at 5 covers.
    Unless I'm seeing a different preview.
    Yellow thingy.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@turbomoose said:
    Such a shame there’s no 3* for this release, Wong is one of my favourite characters in the MCU hope they can revisit it at a later date

I suspect our next 3/5 will be quantum mania based as that’s out next month

Ant Man presumably. I guess they might go Kang really early like they did Thanos waaaay before Infinity War but I thought that was strange then and would be more so now. This would probably be a great time for not doing an exact duplicate and giving us either a 5 & 3 Scott/Hank or a 5 & 3 Scott/Cassie (although she would be Stature) but I guess that probably won't happen.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Bad said:

@mdreyer93 said:

This is a great summary of the powers. His damage and Strike/Protect tiles seem particularly strong. Having a 2/3 chance to start off the battle with 5034 worth of protects or 8760 of strikes is HUGE! for comparison, BRB starts w/ 4x~300 protects, Electro's yellow creates 1x1380 Strike, Goblin purple creates 3x1470 protects or strikes. Sersi purple passive creates 1x1750 SAP each turn.

The damage from purple isn't anything to look down on either, for 7 purple and assuming at least 2 SAP on the board, Rescue does 3 hits for 36,400 total dmg. Shulk does 42,280 dmg, ignoring protects. KK creates an additional 5696 of protects and fortifies 6 of them. Those are pretty strong nukes! 5200-6000 dmg/AP. Gargantos' blue only does 4400 dmg/AP. IM red does 4,580 dmg/AP IF you have 2 team IM, Electro black does 4900 dmg/AP IF there are <8 TU on the board.

Elektra will enjoy stealing those strike tiles, thanks Wong (well mine will, she is still defaulted to strike tiles).

• DAZ0273
    Options

@danielrandkai said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    On another matter - the store doesn't appeal as I have both Wanda and Garg champed but I can't really think of a better thematic one not involving Dr. "Always available for a Special Store" Strange. Do we know when the special Emma store is supposed to run? Is that from tomorrow?

They could have used Shang Chi, as he is with Wong at the end of his own movie, but given he was in all those holiday vaults, they might have thought people would have been tired of seeing him.

They could have used Star-Lord, Master of Pelvic Sorcery.

• Bad
    Options

It never happened this way until now.
    % never stack and the game just uses the most bigger %.
    If the enemy has a wong and reduces your monkey bonus against villains, then if you have a wong probably your wong will counter the-30% bonus with his +30% bonus and the monkey then will have his 30% bonus.
    I say.

• mdreyer93
    Options

@Bad said:

@mdreyer93 said:

Yellow spell also auto triggers when he comes back from "away" with his ally. His purple only has him away for 2 turns. Fire yellow for 6AP, Fire purple for 7, Wong is away and untouchable for 2 turns and comes back to nuke the target, drop his strikes/protects/heal/AP gain, and deal the reflected wand of watoomb damage.