***** Wong (Sorcerer Supreme) *****

Options

Comments

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    It's hard to say without having played with him.
    This community has shown time and time again that we're very bad at evaluating stuff on paper.
    Except for clear duds like Arcade.

Heh. Arcade gets no love! I feel like Mr. F with his Wasp appreciation, but Arcade is a beast boosted. I’m patiently waiting for his boost week w/out Chasm/MThor, so he can shine.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think I would like Arcade better if his control room tile isn't constantly destroyed regardless of who you are fighting.

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options

The vulnerability of Arcade’s Control Room tile is a problem, but I focus on his blue and black abilities, so the reduction in the trap tile damage isn’t a big deal to me.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    It's hard to say without having played with him.
    This community has shown time and time again that we're very bad at evaluating stuff on paper.
    Except for clear duds like Arcade.

So much this. Especially with a character whose kit is so complicated. Wong's a 5000-word essay, I don't see how anybody can make decisions about him without playing him.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023
    Options

There are very few overly complicated characters that turn out well. Chasm was one, but not many others.
    There are also very few consensus characters. Wanda was one mighty Thor was another.

I think Wong is going to be another Gargantos overhyped and underused. He is not terrible but not a character you want to build around.
    I would like to be wrong though.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023
    Options

In scientific experiments, people hypothesise before experimenting. In MPQ, we can theorycraft before testing our theories. Then, with each test, we refine our theories before it become a final product, and in this case, a working team.

• RussR16
    RussR16 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2023
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    I was relying on the display, so I didn't look at the actual health. Only Wong, as of now, got the special privilege of treating web and Abyss tiles as special tiles. I tried using Mantis and Morbius after watching your videos and their abilities didn't trigger.

Both Mantis and Morbius specify enemy special tiles. Abyss and Web tiles are special, but they don’t have owners.

• HoundofShadow
    edited January 2023
    Options

Mthor specifies only special tiles, and she still doesn't target Abyss tiles first. It targets them randomly, but not specifically.

Samurai Daken's repeaters don't deal damage even if there are 2 Abyss tiles on the board.

The above proved that Wong has special privilege. :D

Also, the dev mentioned that special tiles include SAP tile, and it doesn't include Abyss tile in the first page.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

Here's something to note after playing with him:

1) If you fire his yellow power while his cd is around, it will fire that spell immediately. The cd that was on the board will simply vanish and then reappear as a new cd.

2) His yellow cd doesn't track how much damage was reduced. Matching his non-fortified cd doesn't seem to deal damage. Bug?

3) Matching his fortified cd doesn't trigger the release of stored energy.

4) Wong can come back during enemy's turn. If enemy fires power to down all your allies, he will come back immediately.

There are a few more things I might have forgotten. The above is what stands out. I haven't tested out She-Hulk revival and his away interaction.

• dianetics
    Options

So he has the benefits of true immunity but none of the benefits of flying or invis. He is damage immune as long as his partners are alive.
    I am interested to know if he can fire powers of heroes that are on his team…like 5* KK or 4* shulk

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@dianetics said:
    So he has the benefits of true immunity but none of the benefits of flying or invis. He is damage immune as long as his partners are alive.
    I am interested to know if he can fire powers of heroes that are on his team…like 5* KK or 4* shulk

I guess it's possible but I really, really doubt they'd lock those out.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@dianetics said:

I guess it's possible but I really, really doubt they'd lock those out.

Yeah same as Lockjaw.

• dianetics
    Options

The abilities do not get locked out but when I had KK and Strange on the team the ability selection screen was borked much like what happens to Crystal.

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Options

Am I reading his purple wrong it says he returns with the chosen character.. I read that as he brings the downed allie back to the battle with him but this never happened?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

No, he uses a skill.
    The chosen ally is just flavour text.

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023
    Options

So it’s +5ap right. That’s not bad. I can see it being effective as a ‘defensive’ mechanics.

I often use +2 ap rainbow and +2 strongest colour on offence. Wong may steal the colour and slow me down.

• HoundofShadow
    edited January 2023
    Options

I noticed it stole the target's second strongest instead. Before the cd went off, I wrote down the number of aps I'd in each colour. The enemy team strongest colour was SC's, which was red. I expected +4 red aps to my red ap pool. However, it stole purple aps instead even though SC has red aps.

• JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2023
    Options

Looking at the wording, it is 'his team's strongest colour'. So is it draining 3 AP from the enemy team, based on your own team's strongest colour?

Edit: I haven't tested this so this is just a question, but it sounds like there is more testing needed as Tiger Wong and Hound are reporting different results. The wording of the power definitely needs to be corrected.

• HoundofShadow
    edited January 2023
    Options

I've filed a bug report. There are 4-5 bugs associated with his WoW and BoB. Someone might want to test out those "bugs".