***** Wong (Sorcerer Supreme) *****

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

As long as his cd is on the board and you fire his yellow again, it will fire the spell immediately. But it doesn't say if the cd will be removed. If it doesn't get removed, I would store up 30 yellow aps and keep using them. I would true heal my team for 25k to 30k health before downing the final opponent. Alternatively, you could spam the board with protect/strike tiles.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

God Emperor Doom is also Supernatural and Multiversal. Magneto (AoA) is multiversal but not supernatural.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards

A lot of potential healing with Doom I guess and the damage buff could be decent on his black.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Yes I'm dying to spend 10 minutes on a challenge node running that.

• DAZ0273

If I have 30 yellow on a Challenge Node then I wonder what I have been doing assuming I was collecting red and purple for Shang Ease who can true heal anyway. The boosted guys normally have enough health to take some hits too. I think I would probably just prefer to use a health pack if needed TBH.

• HoundofShadow

I would suggest using him with Electro/Elektra for the CN with 4* Juggernaut. If he cascades, your yellow aps will be rocketing like crazy, like 15-20 yellow aps in a turn. So, you don't need to wait 10-15 turns to gather 30 yellow aps. When I was in 4* land, I was using Nick Fury with Electro against Juggernaut. I'm just throwing out different teams for different scenarios. I mean, Wong is not like Chasm or Apocalypse, so it's about maximising his abilities in certain situations. For other CN, maybe 1/2 Thor could be good. But first, we need to see how his powers work in real life. Away is a new state in the game afterall.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

Looks fun and is thematic. I’m curious if a countdown gets put down at the start of if he just puts down strikes or protects or gains 4 ap. Also does his boost scale off SW and Emma or just Apoc and Okoye

• DAZ0273

If it boosts off SW then that could stack up as Wong also counts himself as Supernatural.

• DAZ0273

On another matter - the store doesn't appeal as I have both Wanda and Garg champed but I can't really think of a better thematic one not involving Dr. "Always available for a Special Store" Strange. Do we know when the special Emma store is supposed to run? Is that from tomorrow?

• danielrandkai
    danielrandkai Posts: 89 Match Maker

@DAZ0273 said:
    On another matter - the store doesn't appeal as I have both Wanda and Garg champed but I can't really think of a better thematic one not involving Dr. "Always available for a Special Store" Strange. Do we know when the special Emma store is supposed to run? Is that from tomorrow?

They could have used Shang Chi, as he is with Wong at the end of his own movie, but given he was in all those holiday vaults, they might have thought people would have been tired of seeing him.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker

@danielrandkai said:

@DAZ0273 said:

They could have used Shang Chi, as he is with Wong at the end of his own movie, but given he was in all those holiday vaults, they might have thought people would have been tired of seeing him.

Maybe they're saving him for this year's Lunar New Year vault. Unless that nosey Strange decides to show up again.

• mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2023

@HoundofShadow said:
    The maximum damage potential for his red is 12109 + (5343*8) = 54583. Multiply it by 1.3 and it deals 71309 damage for 7 red aps.

Spells
    1) Shield of the Seraphim creates 5 x 1068= 5034 worth of protect tiles.
    2) Mystic Mending team true heals for 5009 health.
    3) Hand of Hoggoth creates 6 x 1460 = 8760 worth of strike tiles.
    4) Bolts of Balthakk Wong drains 3 AP in his team's strongest color, and gains 2 Red and 2 Purple AP.

In Pick-2, 1/2 Thor could be fun with him feeding Wong's colours and his true healing of Thor to make sure his health is not at a dangerously low level.

Samurai Daken could be fun with him as well with him converting black aps to red aps. Then, watch his repeaters deal about 15k worth of damage every turn or 2.

Arcade could be a surprise ally with him and they'll be helping each other out with extra ap gains, boosting of damage or increasing of defense.

If 4* Juggernaut is a 5* instead and you are playing against him, Electro/Wong would be firing yellow often enough that it makes it feel like it's a 4 v 2 instead of 3v3. I remember one of the CN has 4* Juggernaut, so it should be fun to try it out. Throw in Elektra for return of 1 yellow ap per yellow trap tile activated and watch this team walk off with full health or almost full health.

This is a great summary of the powers. His damage and Strike/Protect tiles seem particularly strong. Having a 2/3 chance to start off the battle with 5034 worth of protects or 8760 of strikes is HUGE! for comparison, BRB starts w/ 4x~300 protects, Electro's yellow creates 1x1380 Strike, Goblin purple creates 3x1470 protects or strikes. Sersi purple passive creates 1x1750 SAP each turn.

The damage from purple isn't anything to look down on either, for 7 purple and assuming at least 2 SAP on the board, Rescue does 3 hits for 36,400 total dmg. Shulk does 42,280 dmg, ignoring protects. KK creates an additional 5696 of protects and fortifies 6 of them. Those are pretty strong nukes! 5200-6000 dmg/AP. Gargantos' blue only does 4400 dmg/AP. IM red does 4,580 dmg/AP IF you have 2 team IM, Electro black does 4900 dmg/AP IF there are <8 TU on the board.

Edited after it was confirmed his red passive doesn't boost his purple "allies" damage. Still top tier nukes

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards

Are those numbers at 450 or 550? When it says "max level" in their descriptions is that 450?

• Aueio
    Aueio Posts: 18 Just Dropped In

Aaaand the 3* version?

• Bowgentle

@Aueio said:
    Aaaand the 3* version?

Was scratched due to time constraints.

• mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2023

@entrailbucket said:
    Are those numbers at 450 or 550? When it says "max level" in their descriptions is that 450?

Yes 450 and including his passive 30% ability dmg boost. Heck, even iHulk red only does 4900 dmg/AP

Edit: discord confirmed his purple allies don't get the 30% passive boost to their damage.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards

What a weird ability. You can either create 5000 in protect tiles or 9000 in strikes...or generate 4AP or true heal the team for 5000.

Two of these things are very much not like the others.

• Bowgentle

Yeah those protects can put quite the damper on Chasm.
    Of course they won't survive against Jane, but... Intriguing.

• HoundofShadow

Wong's look like a support to me. He's probably similar to druid in rpg game. So, those four abilities aren't weird to me.