How satisfied are you with the current pace of 5* character release ?

Options

Comments

• Xair
    Xair Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    @BlackBoltRocks your points are all good, just your conclusion i disagree with.
    if the problem is the reduced cp points earned from scl9, and luck of communication, etc.
    then the community should complain about those points.
    instead the community offers a solution that would offend players that are enjoying the fast paced releases.
    this will do the same thing you complain about (taking in one hand while giving in another).

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The dev has already explained the rationale in one of the threads related to shards or champion rewards. I think it's to balance the resource economy. 

The meaning of balance in this situation is:

1) offset or compare the value of (one thing) with another.

or

2) a situation in which different elements are equal or in the correct proportions

Obviously, the meaning of "balance" for many in here is pretty warped, that is, the dev can only add in additional resources, not make a tradeoff. When this happens, it is no longer called balance. It is instead called:

tilt the balance
    To change the balance of a situation, such that one side or element is favored or gains advantage.

I find it amazing that players are harping about the decrease in CP and HP, but conveniently forget that the quality of rewards (Mighty Token, flexibility of cover choices etc) have gotten much better. Instead of paying 500 CP to get a guaranteed cover of 5* with a fixed colour, or getting pissed off that RNG is not giving 5* covers they expect, they can now complete two events in SCL 10 to get guaranteed 500 colourless 5* shards. 

When I was playing in SCL 9 PvPs, my placement was top 50 and I get only 1 cover of that 4* in the following PvP via progression rewards. Now, I'm getting a total of three covers of that 4* in SCL 10 just for getting top 100 placement. 

By denying the fact that quality of rewards have increased, players who keep on repeating that rewards have been nerfed are not building credibility for themselves. They are not going to be convincing.
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Honestly, way to fast
    in my opinion that’s a strategy to make people spend and to raise revenue.
    okay, understandable, but you guys would get the same revenue with more new players
    problem is this game is so hard to access for new players, I mean 200+ chars, if I hadn’t started mpq back when there were only 4 4* chars but would have to start it today, I wouldn’t do it again, not even if for the sake of my life, you can’t catch up anymore

I‘m so far to say that stopping releases for a short amount of time and restructuring the game, fixing problems and implement new chances for new players would  be liked by a large portion of the playerbase
    This game needs fresh blood
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 714 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Honestly, way to fast
    in my opinion that’s a strategy to make people spend and to raise revenue.
    okay, understandable, but you guys would get the same revenue with more new players
    problem is this game is so hard to access for new players, I mean 200+ chars, if I hadn’t started mpq back when there were only 4 4* chars but would have to start it today, I wouldn’t do it again, not even if for the sake of my life, you can’t catch up anymore

I‘m so far to say that stopping releases for a short amount of time and restructuring the game, fixing problems and implement new chances for new players would  be liked by a large portion of the playerbase
    This game needs fresh blood

I started playing when there was like 60-70+ 4*. I have all of them now, except Taskmaster. Steadlily champing them. And I have half of the 5*. I am an example that overrulle your argument.

The mechanic of catching up is simple: the further in the game you are, the better rewards you get, You are strat to getting better rewards from champions, 2*farm, increased SCL ect. Everytime when you do transition, in example of my gameplay history,
    from 1* to 2*
    from 2* to 3*
    from 3* to 3* with stable 2* farm
    from 3* with stable 2* farm to 3* with some 4* champions
    from 3* with some 4* champions into deep championed 3*
    from deep championed 3* into 4*
    my rewards, roster strenght, ability to get more and better rewards, speed of catching up has increased. Recently I just moved from SCL 7 to 8 in PVE and changed alliance to more active. My rewards bumped up again. Just every major change in your own roster etc. bumps all this up.

BUT even I think that 5* release speed is too fast. I am still far from beaing able to catch up in the old system, not to mention current one.
  • Ugh
    Ugh Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    Xair said:

Everything I say is (always) just my opinion. Sorry if my unpopular opinion might offend some people.

If you feel burnt out, and you don’t like the game, you should go find yourself a game you like, instead of trying to ruin a game that you no longer like.

The way I see it, all the recent changes to the game, have all been for the better (saved covers, shards, release rates, reworking of game features like shield, favourites, scl10, Meta rebalance…). The game was good to start with, and now it’s even better.

Sure there are some things that can still be improved, but that’s true for any game. No one will ever create a game that all player agree is “all great”.

Not every player is meant to champion every new 5*, the measure should be, whether playing the “end game content” is enough to champion the new 5*, and it is. So the release rate aren’t too fast, just most of the players are too slow.

Complaining about fast release rate makes no sense. It’s like complaining about there being too much content.

I think the game would be improved if the community focused their energy at complaining about things that are actually bad in the game, instead of things that are good.

I think the problem with the rushed 5* isn't not being able to champ them but for those of us who have trouble with rng.  After close to 200 pulls I still haven't gotten a single IHulk.  If he goes out of tokens and I have still haven't gotten him should I even bothered?  Already lost out on tokens and cp because of this.  At what point is enough, enough.  Asking for 1 cover I guess is asking too much.  I've given up on even playing in the 5* tier.  It's a joke.  It's going to be one that is not even going to be slightly funny when it's diluted beyond hell
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,715 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The dev has already explained the rationale in one of the threads related to shards or champion rewards. I think it's to balance the resource economy. 
    Where exactly was this stated?

As for the rest of your post, what you fail to understand through all that straw is that people are upset because the developers a) scaled back rewards b) increased 5* release rates and c) made playing twice as long mandatory in order have any chance of covering 5s, and even then, you will make less progress than you did before. It’s not just “a” or any one of these things. It’s a combo of all three. Plus the rampant lack of communication on top of everything else.

Id gladly give shards back (heck, take the mighty tokens too) if it meant I also get to not pay the heavy heavy tax that came with them (lost CP, HP, BH, faster release rate, lower progress, etc). I wouldn’t even think twice. That’s how imbalanced these “balanced” changes are.
    I wouldn’t give them back. Breaking hoard with shards after getting a cover already with shards and getting my 13th with shards soon will have saved me a lot of pulls over the course of 3 latest. Even taking the quoted 300 pulls to cover the three I did it 90 less then that with this new system. When you consider my last two hoard breaks were both over 350 pulls to get 13 covers I’ve got to be over the moon with this new system.

Have I lost 90 to 140 pulls with this new system from previous reward structure, hell no. I think hoarding the 3 latest and the next three with this system is the only way to keep covering them, pull as you go will cost you more.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I'm an endgame player at this point. My only achievable goals are champing the newest 5s (I'm happy with 450-455 before leaving latest) and working on the 6 unchamped classic fives I have left. The current makeup makes champing the new 4 an after thought.

Champing those vintage 5s is a long term goal that may or may not happen. Champing new 5s is the only aspect keeping me on the hamster wheel. I feel like the devs keep supplying me with a bigger wheel to spin. This shouldn't be the case with a 6 year old game.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    However, no one was happy with his release date (other than Havok-haters).  So what they could have done was said "hey we need to do this now, but we'll release 2 4's next".  Or not necessarily said that (ha ha) but just done it.

People keep saying this, but that doesn't make it true.

They took the existing list and moved it up two weeks, because they were dropping a character to save for later. That means Hellcat came 2 weeks early. Without the skip, we would have gotten a 4-star July 2nd. Now that character should arrive June 18th instead, due to the character skipped. What you're saying is that this (currently unknown) 4-star should have come June 4th, in place of Onslaught, to offset having two 5's back to back.

But the reality is that a production cycle doesn't let you just snap your fingers and magically make something happen a month early. That's not a realistic assumption. They can't just take work they've done and convert it towards a different character to change the release order. We don't know the development timelines, and the back and forth required with Marvel for approval. We don't know what allowed them to make the first adjustment, and can't just assume they could repeat it ad nauseam to fit the whims of the playerbase .

Nobody likes the situation, but it's obnoxious to act like they have a solution and chose not to use it. (nevermind that it makes more sense to do two 4's back to back when they plan to reinsert the skipped character, when Black Widow actually comes out in November, as that's the least impact on their development cycle).

There are enough problems without people looking for reasons to make up more.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    However, no one was happy with his release date (other than Havok-haters).  So what they could have done was said "hey we need to do this now, but we'll release 2 4's next".  Or not necessarily said that (ha ha) but just done it.

People keep saying this, but that doesn't make it true.

They took the existing list and moved it up two weeks, because they were dropping a character to save for later. That means Hellcat came 2 weeks early. Without the skip, we would have gotten a 4-star July 2nd. Now that character should arrive June 18th instead, due to the character skipped. What you're saying is that this (currently unknown) 4-star should have come June 4th, in place of Onslaught, to offset having two 5's back to back.

But the reality is that a production cycle doesn't let you just snap your fingers and magically make something happen a month early. That's not a realistic assumption. They can't just take work they've done and convert it towards a different character to change the release order. We don't know the development timelines, and the back and forth required with Marvel for approval. We don't know what allowed them to make the first adjustment, and can't just assume they could repeat it ad nauseam to fit the whims of the playerbase .

Nobody likes the situation, but it's obnoxious to act like they have a solution and chose not to use it. (nevermind that it makes more sense to do two 4's back to back when they plan to reinsert the skipped character, when Black Widow actually comes out in November, as that's the least impact on their development cycle).

There are enough problems without people looking for reasons to make up more.
    Well, you keep saying things like this, but does that make it any more true?

Come to think of it, why wait just till November to insert those two 4-stars in a row? Why not postpone it even longer?

The whole point of releasing two 4-stars right after would be so the 5-stars stayed in latest their "appointed" amount of 12 weeks. I'm now really curious to see, whether the next 5-star after Onslaught is again followed by yet another 5-star, to keep this latest window shorter. For whatever reason, or maybe no reason given at all...
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hi all. I can't stand that I have no chance to even champ any of my 5 stars, money or otherwise. Admittedly I am only a moderate spender ($20-40 US a month) but I used to feel I was getting somewhere (up til days of Okoye/Kitty). 

I have not dropped off either my spending (yet) or the time I put in but I feel I am getting less of more recent 5* and nor enough iso to rise my 4* guys. 

We should a resource additional story - no frills just an extra grind you can choose a pathway for like iso, riso or supports. 3 pathways for a chance to get a specific resource.
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I play other mobile games where pace of new characters are much better (~1/month) and whales still spend money like crazy. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    Options
    axmoss said:
    I play other mobile games where pace of new characters are much better (~1/month) and whales still spend money like crazy. 

How do you have any time left over after MPQ to play anything else?
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    helix72 said:
    axmoss said:

How do you have any time left over after MPQ to play anything else?
    there are games out there where you can finish your daily grind in less than 30 min. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Marvel Contest of Champion releases two characters every month and players are still dumping over $100 millions on the game every year. It's an even bigger grindfest over there, if you think MPQ is bad.

It seems like some are really miserable playing MPQ. Time to hang up your boots, instead of spreading your miseries around?  :/
  • Xair
    Xair Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options

@Rhipf Disregarding the fact that your statements are inaccurate (my previous statements don't imply your conclusion).

It sounds to me like you don’t like this game very much.

Complaining about a competitive progression game dulling out the best gear only to the best players, is like complaining about water being wet.

Competitive progression is what this game is all about.

Every other game of this genera does the exact same thing, and that is the reason I like the game.

I want a sense of achievement when I earn the best rewards, because I put in the time and effort needed to get them.