How satisfied are you with the current pace of 5* character release ?

Options

Comments

• Ugh
    Ugh Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    My iHulk is at 3/1/1 with 165 shards, so unless i get on an unbelievable all-hulk-hot-streak, this will by my worst 5* finish in a LONG time.
    Consider yourself lucky, I'm at over 150 pulls and I am still waiting for my first of him
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Ugh said:
    My iHulk is at 3/1/1 with 165 shards, so unless i get on an unbelievable all-hulk-hot-streak, this will by my worst 5* finish in a LONG time.
    Consider yourself lucky, I'm at over 150 pulls and I am still waiting for my first of him

Take mine and give me Yelena. Immortal Hulk is just pure garbage for me. I do not understand why people like him? Its like liking self-destruct system who you personally activated and wishing it will not destroy ya!
  • Ugh
    Ugh Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    Ugh said:

Take mine and give me Yelena. Immortal Hulk is just pure garbage for me. I do not understand why people like him? Its like liking self-destruct system who you personally activated and wishing it will not destroy ya!
    Fine, I just want 1 cover so I can do the nodes he's required for.  I am no where near delusional enough to think I'll ever fully cover a 5*
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:

Keep em coming. I truely believe then tiers are so bloated beyond repair now and the game has killed itself, just enjoy what’s left of the ride or don’t and do something else that makes you happy.
    Yeah. The game is in its, well, endgame phase. The 4* tier is, as you say, bloated beyond repair. They're racing to do the same with 5* now because it's all they have left. They'll keep going until the whales stop whaling. Then it's over.

The game is over six years old now. That's practically unheard of in the mobile game space, even for games with lucrative IP licenses attached. New user retention rate has to be all but gone. Veteran departure rate is probably accelerating. 

Most any other dev would've turned out the lights on MPQ and launched an MPQ 2 by now. Reset everyone to zero and try pulling in tons of new users again. I'm not sure if it's a blessing or a curse that they haven't tried doing that, at this stage of MPQ's life.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The bloat is a bit illusional to me. Of course we do not know why they do not release new 2 or 3* from time to time (even like 2-3 per year, counting both together) but what * they are left with? 4 and 5. So they release them. It is not just entirely theri fault that we, players, do not use most of the 4* and 5* but like 20-30 of them.

Recently, when I was forced (no health packs and my majors were to much damaged) to use some 3* and undercovered 4*, I Discovered how 4* Wasp and Cage are awesome (trully, use them with Marvel/Nico/ undecovered Kitty Pryde against Mindless Ones. Just bloat of protect/strike tiles that are self strenghtening). I discovered Valkyrie/3* Strange combo on minions and my PVP teams number expanded from 1 to 5. I left stagnation and entered the realm of fun.

If ya just go through your roster you will discover how many possibilities there are. The secret is outside box thinking. To fight 1-2 fights with as many teams you can and then end with a defense team. Thanks to that I got 40 wins so far out of 75 in Simulator. Before it would be half of that. Of course you can just use meta teams. But ya loose fun and get stagnation.

Of course, if ya chase non-simulator PVP/PVE placement then some teams are must-use, 'cause of speed factor. But ya know, not everybody can race with Quicksilver. I cant. I mean, I will never catch up the old players.  So why trying to waste my time? Just give it a break, relax and enjoy the game. With something more than 20 champions. Enjoy Wolfsbane. Enjoy Invisible Woman. X-Force Wolverine. X-23. Nova. ect.

I do agree, that rostering them and then covering is not that easy. Dillution is dillution. Of course the 5* pace release is a bit to fast now. But You know what helped me? New reward system and shards that increases the number of covers a player can get on start. I got 5-6 per 4* release and then 2 every event they are featured. It means we can get them to champion level very fast/faster and earn early levels LT and CP to get more 4*. I got more 4* and 5* covers since then that I can not complain.

I've been playing this game for more than 2,5 years and I can assure ya: anybody with not a cent spent can get in 2 years to level with all 2 & 3 & 4* rostered, full 2* farm and all 3* as champions. With buying every 4* least expensive HP pack (200) will speed it up. Just use your head more.
  • SolidusMox
    SolidusMox Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    If I can no longer champ 5* as they are released before going into the void that is Classic Legends, I will call it quits. What's the point of playing if I can't enjoy the releases as I always have. I already missed on Havok.

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just broke my massive hoard to get Apocalypse, IHulk and Yelena to 550.   After this, I do not see a way I will be able to even keep up to get the next batch at 450 before they leave.  I am a top end players and this is way too fast. Many of my ally mates and friends hate this.   I do not like where this is going and in fact I fully expect them to do a 5/5 release before the end of this year.  
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't particularly like it. I'm already playing more since CL10, and "winning" less. I'd be in favor of vaulting to make the classic purgatory less so.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I'd rather spend my money on pizza. 

I used to spend a fair bit of $ on this game, but that has ceased. I stopped buying VIP for a few weeks, then I caved. But no more, that is done, too. I might or might not continue to play; quarantine and unemployment gives me time to play but I have ever increasing disincentive to frequent this particular game.

***Mod note: removed inappropriate language - fight4thedream
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I just broke my massive hoard to get Apocalypse, IHulk and Yelena to 550.   After this, I do not see a way I will be able to even keep up to get the next batch at 450 before they leave.  I am a top end players and this is way too fast. Many of my ally mates and friends hate this.   I do not like where this is going and in fact I fully expect them to do a 5/5 release before the end of this year.  
    This player posting this is a nail in the coffin of the game if they keep up with this.

(Thanks, @The rockett)

Mod note: Removed vulgar language. -fight4thedream
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    How long do you have to pull to get all 3 at lvl 550?  I can see a roster with all 3 at 550 but am not sure it's you.  If it's someone else then damn.  I also saw another roster with all 3 over lvl 500.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is obviously a rhetorical question. 

There will be feeders coming out. The only problem is many are impatient. They set themselves certain timeframe to champ new 5*, and when they can't do it within that timeframe (usually before that character leave Latest), they banish themselves into the abyss of "impossible to cover x character once they are out of Latest." Many expect feeders to be available the moment that 5* rotates out of Latest. 

CP special Stores run every month, so the chances of the character that you haven't 13-covered will be more likely to appear, add in some special CP stores that appear randomly.

I'm not a completetionist, and I choose only characters who complement my playstyles. So, a new 5* every 4 week compared to every 6 week isn't that big of a different. If it turns out to be 5*/5*/4* release in the future, it's a guarantee that something major will change in MPQ. 
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

CP special Stores run every month, so the chances of the character that you haven't 13-covered will be more likely to appear, add in some special CP stores that appear randomly.

But this doesn't help that much, because if you pull for that store, then you can't pull for Latest, so you are sacrificing some chars to get the older one. Also the other two 5s in the store might not be the ones you want/need, and they might be pretty old (power creeped).

I mean, these stores can help you get one or two covers when you have that char at 11 or so, but if you have it at 5 or 6 or less then they are kinda useless.

If at least these stores were 20CP per token...
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I think that's a major problem for players who want to champ every 5*. If you have targetted 5* that you want to use, I think that works fine. Overtime, you will be able to target them via feeders as well. In the case of wanting both characters where one is in latest, and the other in special store, you have to prioritise who to spend the cp on.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pace is way too fast, also since LL tokens can get harder to come by. As many veterans run out of 4s to champ the LL token supply slows down a bit. Many of us aren't bothering running farms like madmen to squeeze every resource we can. 

Also makes it tough as often in LL there is one character you really don't want, but still waste resources on trying to get the one character you are going for. Would be nice if each new 5 had a special store for just a week by themselves that allowed you to use LL tokens and CPs, before they entered LLs with the other two 5s. Would be nice being able to target just the 5 you actually want, not waste resources in this game that are way too hard to come by. 

Hoarding for many might give you one or two chances per year to go all out on the trio of LL 5s and actually have a good chance to cover the one or two you really want. If they had each 5 get their own week long store we could also use LLs on before they hit the LL store, it would be a very welcomed accommodation. You'd be able to stretch your resources which are hard to get in this game much further, enjoy the game more by being able to actually target and play thenm characters you want most. 

This model for LLs to sandwich three 5s together is really obnoxious when taking everything else into consideration. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ugh said:
    Mr_F said:
    Ugh said:

Fine, I just want 1 cover so I can do the nodes he's required for.  I am no where near delusional enough to think I'll ever fully cover a 5*

Be careful what you wish for if that 1 cover is in Black. That is what happened to me, he was relentlessly killed and would come back to health and then deal 3K damage to his team mates.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    For those who can champ new 4*, does that extra 2 or 3 LTs help a little? Currently, for newer 4*, they appear as rewards for 5 runs. For those top players, they shouldn't have difficulty leveling them up to 290 (3 LTs + 20cp via champ rewards)
  • GKar
    GKar Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Pace is too fast, and doesn’t really incentivize getting a new 4/5* champed early.  Many people across top alliances are burning out, and we’ll see a lot of attrition over this.

Here are some alternatives and the reason for the suggestions:

1. Release cycle: 3/4/5
        Reason; Newer players get very little from 4/5* releases, but a new three star that mixes things up for them makes things interesting, for 4* players it’s a new feeder to focus on, and for 4/5* players, it’s a new 3* PvP that may be slightly more interesting.

2. Change boosts for new 3/4* to 200 levels during release period.
        Reason: This allows players to see what the new character is like when Max champed and boosted.  This would encourage light spending from many players who want to have the character max boosted for a few weeks.  Right now 2/3* players have very little incentive to spend within their own tier.  They are only working to get out of it.  A max boosted 3* would really change the game for them for a few weeks, making the long road to 4* more interesting.  For 4/5* players a new 4* boosted would definitely encourage spending in the new release stores, and given them a new character to run with for during the boosted period.  Sometimes it still may not be better than their existing boosted characters, but they are given a chance to truly see how good the character is.

3. Extend new 5* boosted period 2 weeks.  Right now the 5* boosted period is only enjoyed by those that spend HP or have hoarded CP to get them in the release store.  You used to get 2 weeks boosted when you got a new character from the latest legends store.
      Reason:  If you want to have light spending throughout the year, allow players to enjoy 5* releases they way that suits them best, be it HP/CP or LTs.  Sometimes the new release stores don’t have a great combination of 5s, so it ends up being a better choice to wait for latest legends store.  Getting a boost for only 1 or 2 events is quite disappointing for those that are champing through LTs.

Light spending vs heavy spending:  Light spending is good for the game economy when 10,000 people are spending $20-50 every few months.
    Heavy spending when 20 players spend $5K every few months and most other are F2P works well short term, but when those players burn out, it’s a significant revenue hit.

The current environment encourages heavy spending, and will burn those out that are spending that way.  Those that are light spending have little incentive to do so.  While the financials of the Apocalypse release may have been good for the development team, it could impact long term revenue and other big spenders are wanting to retire instead of feeling forced to keep spending $5K to keep up.