How satisfied are you with the current pace of 5* character release ?

Options

Comments

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is far too fast and the feeling it creates for me about the game at this point is I don't care.  The 5* releases are coming out faster than I can possibly gather resources and knowing this has ended what interest I had in the game.  In the Venom Bomb PvE I made one set of clears for the first day and then I just quit and didn't play anymore of the PvE because I simply didn't have the desire to play anymore.  I don't think I have ever done that before in the middle of a PvE without getting full progression unless there were time commitment issues.   If it weren't for being in a good casual alliance, I could see myself just starting to not play on a daily basis, I will keep doing DPD for them though  :)
  • Ugh
    Ugh Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Ugh said:
    Mr_F said:
    Ugh said:
    My iHulk is at 3/1/1 with 165 shards, so unless i get on an unbelievable all-hulk-hot-streak, this will by my worst 5* finish in a LONG time.
    Consider yourself lucky, I'm at over 150 pulls and I am still waiting for my first of him

Take mine and give me Yelena. Immortal Hulk is just pure garbage for me. I do not understand why people like him? Its like liking self-destruct system who you personally activated and wishing it will not destroy ya!
    Fine, I just want 1 cover so I can do the nodes he's required for.  I am no where near delusional enough to think I'll ever fully cover a 5*

Be careful what you wish for if that 1 cover is in Black. That is what happened to me, he was relentlessly killed and would come back to health and then deal 3K damage to his team mates.
    lol, that would be my luck.  I remember being stuck for the longest time with a 0/0/1 Gambit.  Fortunately after he was required on a regular basis, but all he did was block red and purple powers.  At least now I finally got him to 1/0/1 so he can do something.  He's one of my favorite characters so I'm looking forward to 300 years from now when  I get him to an actually playable state
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,715 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

However, instead of banding together like we did then, people are just quitting. No huge statements, rally cries, or review bombs. Just deleting the app. It’s happening. Stats on alliances have been posted to back this up. My time in line chats backs this up. As soon as I hit a bad run in Latests and can no longer cover 5s myself, I’m out too.

Anecdotal evidence. Where are these stats. I'm not seeing a greater amount of quitters than a usual month. Not that I think your or their reasons for quitting would be wrong I'm just not seeing anymore than normal and not from my alliance group either.

If you cannot prioritise and it bothers you that much then I totally agree, quit if that makes you unhappy. I don't think the money comes from people like us after 5-6 years anyway. The set up of the tiers and number of characters in the four star tier is now so utterly broken and beyond repair I don't think changes to the game are going to matter anymore. You either like the game right now and play it or don't and quit. I'd question the sanity of anyone spending money on this game anyway.

They may as well vault/scrap/nuke the majority of the four star tier and give out pulls/CP for taking them away based on your covers. Remove the 50-60 least played and be done with it. The tiers are in a complete mess yet we still all play the game. I accept though nothing is going to change, it's six years old, I've just stopped caring and play it for what it is. Having to collect them all at 13 covers even the rubbish ones, well that's nothing you are going to be helped with. You can either again deal with that or not and quit.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 551 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "I also think that I am a bad hoard pull from quitting the game."

Same here... No matter what trio of characters one uses, you're still playing the same boring stale content, broken or whale teams in PVP, dealing with new characters that come too fast along with the lousy rewards we get from playing, character imbalance that never gets addressed. 

For many even with all the issues above, some have still had a bit of fun playing to collect new characters and have fun with them, still a fairly enjoyable match 3. However the state the game has been in and is now, collecting new characters is isn't fun or practical. Yay I pulled a single cover to play the node they're required for. You blink your eyes and another 4* and 5* already came out. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,725 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares said:
    I mean, we the players have always complained in this game about fast releases, but this time it really is too fast and this together with scl10 requiring more timer than ever before is driving people nuts. I think players can tolerate one but not these two things together. If you think about it, the time investment has gone way up, but we get less 5s than ever before! (or at least we have way more not finished ones, which feels way worse).

After Devs released scl10 they asked for feedback, they asked us to give it a try, but after that we have not heard ANYTHING back from them. Now we have the new release rate, and also nothing from them.

I also think that I am a bad hoard pull from quitting the game.
    Um... I'm not arguing with you.  I'm not trying to incite anything.  I'd rather just co-exist and honestly, my opinion on the matter sides with you.

here it comes....  

HOWEVER!

If the devs are looking at MY profile (and I know I can't be alone!), I've gained so many more 5* covers lately than I used to.  I'm not paying anything more than the $2 required to keep the bonuses rolling in, which is all I've ever done since the pop-up ads stopped.  These shards have helped my 5* cover pull rate by far.

Now, one could argue that maybe, JUST MAYBE, i had horrible luck when it came to bonus covers (and I would agree)... but if they are using our rosters as actual data, my roster isn't helping the cause.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2020
    Options
    So much this. I was thinking earlier about my plans to do a classic pull after trying to roster the current 3 from LL. I’ve seen a number of “bad pulls” posted recently and can totally see myself blowing a major portion of my meager CP stash just rostering.

Then it hit me. I’ll never make T10 placement a possibility in every SCL8 or up PvE event. Especially once you consider new 5*s are always going to be essential before I have a shot at them. So it looks like my time spent since shardpocalypse trying to bridge the gap between a hybrid 3*/4* player will be echoed once all the 4*s are finished rostering (so close). Without a meaningful way to roster new 5s, I’ll be part of the problem when I punch down to SCL6 for placement.

I’m not saying I should be able to champ 5*s by the time they leave LL, but it should definitely be easier for 4*/5* players to roster new 5s. I don’t want to be the bad guy keeping lower tier rosters from rewards they should rightfully be able to attain.

Edit: was pointing to the post from Tony. Pi ninjad me.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,011 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @tonypq

"Would be nice if each new 5 had a special store for just a week by themselves that allowed you to use LL tokens and CPs, before they entered LLs with the other two 5s."

They actually did do this originally, I remember being able to cover 5 star Thanos pretty easily because I had a decent chunk of cp saved and spent it on his debut store where he was the only 5 star possible. 

I don't remember exactly when they switched to release stores with 3 characters instead of just the new 5 by themselves but I guess it must have made it too easy to cover the latest 5 than they liked. 
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    JSP869 said:
    Onslaught has almost twice the HP and almost twice the match damage of Silver Surfer at the same level. I don't care what star rating you gave Onslaught; that's a 6-star.

Being said in more than just our alliance family Line chat, I see. 
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I see a guy with a 5/2/3 Onslaught.  He also has a max champ iHulk.  These guys must be buying 40 pack pulls like it's nothing.  BTW I saw another guy with max champ Apoc, iHulk and Yelena.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Definitely a 1 and can't see myself playing this game much longer. Burned out, had an absolute abysmal pull rate when Apoc hit tokens which was pretty soul crushing, increase in 5s but the cherry on top for me was the reduction in cp and the deafening lack of a response from anyone at D3 or Demiurge on that reduction. 
  • DaSal
    DaSal Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Shardwick took the words right out of my mouth
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All I'm looking for is that magical thing called COMMUNICATION from the Devs. 

There has been so much lately in this game and not a peep from the Devs. 
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Quite frustrated. Was happy for the challenge on SCL10, finally requiring some thought to win (or at least use one of the other 3 teams that can do it). Also liked new content, new shield training.

Not happy about:

- Superfast 5* release pace - will never catch up and once they hit Classics it's game over. Imagine for new players. I'm a top 50 player and I for the first time I don't think I can cover before ihulk leaves.
    - Reduced rewards/flexibility - we get shards and increased coverage for new 4*s, but they cut our CP and our choices on trying to cover old 5*s
    - Increased playtime for less rewards
    - Utter garbage legacy 5*s. Not all character need to be meta, but they are totally unusable even as niche. Not only are their powers irrelevant, their HP and match damage is also pointless. We finally reached the point where it's half! Just some basic adjustments would help. If a character can't passively generate AP, punish on random match-4s or spam tiles, at least increase their damage numbers on powers and match damage.

Can't see myself EVER using in PvE/PvP: Black Bolt, Black Widow, Wolverine, Phoenix, Archangel, Captain Marvel, Mr Sinister, Ghost Rider, Kingpin, Iron Man, both Captain Americas (Sabertooth is a better boss killer than IW Cap, sorry), Silver Surfer, Doctor Octopus, Rescue, Star Lord, Green Goblin, Storm, Spiderman, Havok, Gambit, Cable, Hela, Black Panther, Doctor Doom, Loki

Then you got the ones you crank out for VERY specific needs: BSSM, Thanos, Iceman, Daredevil, Doctor Strange, Hawkeye

Then there's Wasp and Banner... seriously.

So many of these are beloved characters that would love to chase... if that was even possible and worth it.

• Xair
    Xair Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options

Everything I say is (always) just my opinion. Sorry if my unpopular opinion might offend some people.

If you feel burnt out, and you don’t like the game, you should go find yourself a game you like, instead of trying to ruin a game that you no longer like.

The way I see it, all the recent changes to the game, have all been for the better (saved covers, shards, release rates, reworking of game features like shield, favourites, scl10, Meta rebalance…). The game was good to start with, and now it’s even better.

Sure there are some things that can still be improved, but that’s true for any game. No one will ever create a game that all player agree is “all great”.

Not every player is meant to champion every new 5*, the measure should be, whether playing the “end game content” is enough to champion the new 5*, and it is. So the release rate aren’t too fast, just most of the players are too slow.

Complaining about fast release rate makes no sense. It’s like complaining about there being too much content.

I think the game would be improved if the community focused their energy at complaining about things that are actually bad in the game, instead of things that are good.