How satisfied are you with the current pace of 5* character release ?

Options
SourCream
SourCream Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
0 = least amount of satisfaction and 10 = most amount of satisfaction.

Personally, I find the current trend very harsh and impossible to keep up.
Please feel free to discussion.

How satisfied are you with the current pace of 5* character release ? 183 votes

60%
morghPorkBellychamber44freakygeekKolenceWil88fneduderbdragonPunter1SnowcaTTwymtimeDeNappaStranger DanchrisHgrunth13TiggidajordanixLFChikarasonfrachrLoosie 110 votes
13%
PolareskillercoolIridiousabmorazAXP_ismeGlockomasambrookjmMjolnirmight2Steve111bk201marshallGKarSt_BernaduscaptainheathPiMacleodRhipfHeartbreaksoupBigSoftieFFStormDragonE55abenness 25 votes
12%
DemoliraYasuruxKOBALTxstevenbruleTaganovGrimSkaldejmusUNC_SamuraiJaedenkaalturbomoosepezserobertbahWilgerPalookavilleXavier_Mcfurbear00000fuguecmMrEd95JormagundWyntre 22 votes
3%
sinnerjflMrBowersMadScientistMagipinkgrumbLEGOMr_F 6 votes
2%
JangoLoretonypq[Deleted User]Amsha3garbluspiritseeker 5 votes
0%
halirin 1 vote
2%
thedarkphoenixatomzedPants1000Venomous 4 votes
1%
rdvargas1Tony_FootRentedPanda 3 votes
1%
JackDeath666Bobdvol 2 votes
2%
ThanosfmftintLeela_27XairCrone 5 votes

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Already voiced elsewhere, but I’ll say it again. It needs to slow way down or resource income and feeders need to be increased. 

I’m covering far less ground for double my time investment as before. While I’ve managed to cover them all up to Yelena and she is likely to make the cut as well, I have been spending. I don’t see how a F2P or even a more modest spender could possibly keep up. If I were still cracking at the 4* tier I’d be very discouraged.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is too fast, and scl10 doesnt reward with enough CP for the extra time invested.

PS: Oh and I didnt vote 1, because there is still room to be worse than what we have (5/5/4 or just 5/5).
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    krakenoon said:
    I started making headway into 4* land around shardpocalypse and can confirm I am disheartened by all of the changes since. Since I can not afford to keep up, I went the other direction and have gone full F2P.

My current theory is that the devs have an end of the MPQ lifecycle in mind and are trying to get as much out of it before then. If this is true, I am further saddened since I will likely never see 5* champs in my roster.
    I’m sorry to hear that. I can only imagine the gut punch of all that time/investment to feel like you may not even reach the end goal. 

I actually think they have a mind to keep the game around and their intentions with the tweaked economy were to support longevity. I just think they were a little short sighted on some things and need to adjust accordingly for a more successful transition. I certainly hope they make some player friendly changes sooner rather than later.

Artificial scarcity is nice for income, but there has to be a limit to how far you push it while being able to keep a large player base engaged.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Options
    i really don't like it. I don't want more 4*s either though. SCL10 PVE is a HUGE time commitment for my roster, and the healthpack burn makes it just shy of impossible to remain a hybrid player to the degree I was before it's implementation (pvp to 900; now i have to tap out a the 10cp and as often as not i don't finish simulator). As it is I was only able to take Havok to 5/2/3 before he left latest. I don't really mind if we only see 5*s coming out, but it can't be at this pace on the actual calendar. there needs to be more time in between them, or there needs to be more avenues to acquire them than there already are. We're starting to stack up unfed 5s in classic again (carbage, brb, sinister, havok) with no signs of champion rewards updates to compensate. It really doesn't feel good at all.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2020
    Options
    It's too fast, if scl10 offered a whole cover for a 5 instead of 1/2 and updated feeders accordingly, then that would be a whole different story.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,707 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Would have voted 10 if they stopped four stars and just went 5/5/5 or 5/3/2 or something other than adding more to the four stars.

You should never have been able to catch them all on release, but they let that happen and I can get why people are mad. I prefer seeing more variety this will give to the tier and climbs. Some will miss out on hulk, good they might get this next one instead and I won’t have to see 300 skips of hulk and okoye or apoc and brb. 

I can happily pass on a havok and sinister and be a bit more choosy. 

Keep em coming. I truely believe then tiers are so bloated beyond repair now and the game has killed itself, just enjoy what’s left of the ride or don’t and do something else that makes you happy.
  • ROY84
    ROY84 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It's getting ridiculous. Everyone in my alliance, including myself have voiced that we're getting burned out on this game and it's losing its appeal. 

I've basically taken it as a sign that I'm just going to not play competitively anymore. No point. I'll never EVER catch up. I can't. No matter how much I play, no matter how perfect and good I am at it I'll never gain ground because: There is zero possibility I'll get enough ISO8 to level my characters. ZERO.

I've been seriously considering giving this game up officially. It's been one thing after another. The only reason I haven't just dropped this game is because I like my alliance too damned much. But I dunno. This is not fun anymore. I've been waiting for things to improve. They just don't. 
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Needs to go back to 5445 imo. The current model imo unless you get lucky with your pulls is hard to fully cover a 5* before they leave latest. The rewards need to be better as well starting by switching the pvp rewards back although that will probably never happen
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,557 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pace is too fast and we already have dozens of useless characters.
    I'd much rather see updated old 5* (and maybe 4*) instead of constant new ones.

There's no way that a new player can actually get into this game anymore, unless they're willing to spend a million bucks.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    Would have voted 10 if they stopped four stars and just went 5/5/5 or 5/3/2 or something other than adding more to the four stars.

You should never have been able to catch them all on release, but they let that happen and I can get why people are mad. I prefer seeing more variety this will give to the tier and climbs. Some will miss out on hulk, good they might get this next one instead and I won’t have to see 300 skips of hulk and okoye or apoc and brb. 

I can happily pass on a havok and sinister and be a bit more choosy. 

Keep em coming. I truely believe then tiers are so bloated beyond repair now and the game has killed itself, just enjoy what’s left of the ride or don’t and do something else that makes you happy.
    I would not mind that much not being able to cover all latest chars If I could finish covering them later on, but in this game, once a 5 char is out of Latest it is almost impossible to cover them. Even with shards, you might need to play for yearS to be able to get 4 or 5 covers of a particular char with just shards from events.

That has always one of my main problems with 5 releases. I really need to chose carefully which 5s I get, If I chose wrong and dont get the new meta then I am basically screwed forever (as an example I didnt go for Kitty and she is still sitting there with just 5 covers).
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As a 4* player* that pace does not bothers me that much as I need only 1 cover per character to compete in PVE but even I can tell that chasing that one cover can be too much. I missed Mr. Sinister, as I did not get lucky enough to get him. Still managed to get at least 1 cover with any other character since I think Professor X. Still I know that only the players with developed rosters and who can get top rewards can chase all 5* as only them can hoard LT and CP fast enough.

That Is why I picked 4. Way below average satisfaction and way above a total... hmm... lets call it "toilet organic garbage".

*Note: I can call myself a 4* player, despite the fact I only have 13 4* champions (including useless Northstar and rarely used Dino and Howard) as 3* Doctor Strange is only 3* I use regulary unless DDP or PVP/PVE event forces me to use someone else.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think this release schedule will be the thing that finally drives me away. I was getting my population of baby 5*s up and running. Mainly classics with the help of feeders, shards and CL10. 

With the increased release rate I can’t stay anywhere near the required pace. I used to have most characters at 8-9 covers when they left latest. Now it’s more like 5-6. 

I’m used to being left out of the current meta but I’m now being outpaced in such a way that instead of being 6-12 months behind the meta I think I’m probably now 12+ months behind and sliding backwards. 

As someone else said I’ve gone for two because the pace could be worse though not by much. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,615 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I mean I guessed they showed us a method to try and stay afloat with that 10 LT bundle, only thing is the cost of that does not line up with my budget for this game, so I dunno where I am. I am very seriously considering going to the 5* tier, I have Kitty & BRB together with Cable, so not ideal but not suicide although this new meta that is brewing may say otherwise. I was hoping to be able to delay a bit but I fear doing so may mean I never get to be a 5* player. Also. I am hungry, so, I guess, pizza.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My iHulk is at 3/1/1 with 165 shards, so unless i get on an unbelievable all-hulk-hot-streak, this will by my worst 5* finish in a LONG time.