Magnetic Mayhem Feb 19- Feb 21

Options

Comments

• I am also wondering if completing that first fight puts you into a bracket.

It doesn't let you look at ranking, at least, which usually means you're not in a bracket.
  • TheVulture wrote:
    I like the guaranteed 2* Magneto cover, as it's the character I need them for the most - hope this is a new trend for tournies! icon_mrgreen.gif

Although I don't really know how many character-centred themes it's suitable for...

> Just a 2* character (e.g. Ares, Thor) = perfect fit.
    > Character with a 2* version (Black Widow, Magneto, Storm, Wolverine) = perfect fit, but D3 have said they aren't adding any alternate versions for a while now.
    > Just a 3* character (e.g. Hulk, Punisher) = ???

I suppose some characters are natural allies, maybe others could even be added as nemeses?! icon_e_geek.gif

E.g. Daredevil tournie = Bullseye as nemesis
    E.g. Punisher tournie = Daken as nemesis (that one time - although by definition Punisher foes don't tend to recur!)

They've done this before, with the Top Shot tournament. It was Modern Hawkeye versus Bullseye, 2 nodes, each one forces the character on you. Was pretty neat.
  • Gigas Breaker
    Gigas Breaker Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    I think I tanked a little too much in the lightning rounds. I'm up against level 20s.
  • I think I tanked a little too much in the lightning rounds. I'm up against level 20s.

I'm in a similar boat. I'm debating whether to try to place higher in this - I'd need at least top 15 to get anything I need - or "save" the lower mmr for a tournament I"m better suited to (both my Magnetos suck) and want to prizes more for. Probably the latter.
  • Did 1 win with a seed team of 30 mags/6 bullseye/6 Hawkeye and I keep winning on defenses, which is hilarious
  • Did 1 win with a seed team of 30 mags/6 bullseye/6 Hawkeye and I keep winning on defenses, which is hilarious

I won a defense in a LR with the donor 15 Loki, a 15 Hood, and a 10 Bullseye. I'm not entirely sure how. I wish you could see your opponents.
  • Hi. New here. If I don't have any Captain America covers, is it better to win a single black Punisher, or the 3 Cap covers which require a lower ranking?
  • It depends. One Punisher cover isn't a very playable character. Neither, really, is three Cap covers, but you're more likely to be able to get more Cap covers more easily than more Punisher covers if you're new to the game. I got a few 3* covers early on that just sat there for two months until I got enough covers to play them, while Captain America - who gets boosted in a huge number of events - was a dependable workhorse for me for a while.
  • Well, the top person in my bracket is shielded at 1054 points. Name of Roya. Second is only at 712 points.
    I'll grind out a comfortable 16-45th tonight and be done with it. My Punisher is severely lacking in covers right now, and I have a feeling that he's going to be used in an upcoming event again soon.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Can anyone tell me how retardedly broken a 5 red Mags with a 5 green patch is in practice? Seems like an easy way to do 10k damage in one turn.

God, if Rags wasn't nerfed, this game would be broken
  • Kelbris wrote:
    Can anyone tell me how retardedly broken a 5 red Mags with a 5 green patch is in practice? Seems like an easy way to do 10k damage in one turn.

A single maxed Magnetic Translocation one-shots lvl 141, 10,000+ health C. Magneto.

Adding Patch turns a 400+ damage Projectile into a 1400+ damage projectile. You do not need to stun anyone. Just keep shooting those little 2AP bullets again and again.

OBW as a third makes matches quicker and lets you heal, Hood lets you steal, Spidey does the usual - for now.

EDIT: I am running 117 C. Magneto 3/5/5 and lvl 100 Patch 5/3/5 at the moment.
  • Erin0 wrote:
    Xm... Why Classic Magneto's third strong color is yellow, when he you use purple for "magnetic traslocation"? icon_e_smile.gif

There's some oddball characters like that. Grey Suit BW has Green and Red AP abilities, and is weak in both those colors.
  • Kelbris
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:

A single maxed Magnetic Translocation one-shots lvl 141, 10,000+ health C. Magneto.

Adding Patch turns a 400+ damage Projectile into a 1400+ damage projectile. You do not need to stun anyone. Just keep shooting those little 2AP bullets again and again.

OBW as a third makes matches quicker and lets you heal, Hood lets you steal, Spidey does the usual - for now.

EDIT: I am running 117 C. Magneto 3/5/5 and lvl 100 Patch 5/3/5 at the moment.

I'm screwing around with teams, and I found Mags/Hood/Punisher to be pretty fun. Hood supplies plenty of AP and is completely protected on all colors.

Too bad there's nothing I can use in this tournament. Just put out a 50 MN Mag/50 Storm/15 Spidey. (Heads up if anyone sees my team: the Spidey is 3/5/4, so kill it first)
  • I haven't joined a bracket because I've been busy and don't need any rewards.

That being said, what's the best MN Mag build?

I have a 3/5/4 and got a blue cover from the first fight. Is a 4/5/4 MN Mag the ideal build?
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Did 1 win with a seed team of 30 mags/6 bullseye/6 Hawkeye and I keep winning on defenses, which is hilarious

I won a defense in a LR with the donor 15 Loki, a 15 Hood, and a 10 Bullseye. I'm not entirely sure how. I wish you could see your opponents.

Because of how slow the system is to update, they could have faced off against your A team before your tank team registered, or they fought their tank team against yours hoping for a win to lock that team in and instead got a loss.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My tank team of (maxed covers albeit) 28 GSBW, 6 MN Mags, 1 yelena has been winning a couple of games for me, which is very disappointing.
  • Kelbris
    edited February 2014
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    I haven't joined a bracket because I've been busy and don't need any rewards.

I have a 3/5/4 and got a blue cover from the first fight. Is a 4/5/4 MN Mag the ideal build?

3/5/5; his red generates AP, his blue doesn't

You're adding +3 AP to gain up to 16 more AP when you get the red off, compared to adding 1 to e blue countdown to destroy 8 more tiles
  • My tank team of (maxed covers albeit) 28 GSBW, 6 MN Mags, 1 yelena has been winning a couple of games for me, which is very disappointing.

I would imagine your Mags is throwing down defense tiles which is giving GSBW enough time to collect greenies.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    jozier wrote:

Even though it adds +3 to the AP cost?

Alright maybe I'll sell this blue and hold off for a red eventually.
  • Kelbris
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:
    jozier wrote:

Even though it adds +3 to the AP cost?

Alright maybe I'll sell this blue and hold off for a red eventually.

Edited my earlier post, wanted to be sure of how many extra tiles 5x5 breaks :p