Magnetic Mayhem Feb 19- Feb 21

akboyce
akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
" A lesson from the master"

I guess everyone is busy doing Lightning Rounds and the new Elite Tourny so I will start the thread on this just announced event. I imagine the usual buffed champion tournament rules will apply. Probably two slots one for Now! and one for classic but that is up for debate.

Those without Magneto may now have slightly more interest in the DD tournament.

Edit:

First Battle is PVE and has GUARANTEED Blue Magneto Marvel Now as reward (no event points)

Buffed Characters: Both Magnetos

Placement:
Rank 1: Red Wolverine**** and all Rank 2 prizes
Rank 2-5: All 3 Punishers. 250 ISO 100 HP
Rank 6-15: Green Black Punishers. 250 ISO 100 HP
Rank 16-45: Black Punisher 250 ISO 100 HP
Rank 46-75: All 3 Captain Americas 250 ISO 50 HP
etc

Advancement:
700 Blue Magneto Marvel Now
1200 Blue Magneto Clasic
1400 Yellow Invisible Woman

Comments

• Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Hmm, I've been really avoiding putting ISO into Classic Mags. I hope the rewards are only mediocre, otherwise I'd be tempted.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Probably psylock rewards, they tend to hand out the new hero in tourneys immediately after release.

EDIT : I WAS WRONG, NOW SEPPUKU
  • Tough to put ISO into mags before knowing how bad the nerf will be. Too and he has to get nerfed at all - Magneto is a powerful character in the comics and he should be so in game as well.
  • My Classic Magneto is currently 1/1/1 and my MNM is lvl 6 and doesn't exactly have a lot of covers either. This could get ugly. Hopefully I can get top 5 in Blind Justice to make him 2/2/2.

Also, 10 bucks on funbalancing happening mid-tournament.
  • Wolfman wrote:
    My Classic Magneto is currently 1/1/1 and my MNM is lvl 6 and doesn't exactly have a lot of covers either. This could get ugly. Hopefully I can get top 5 in Blind Justice to make him 2/2/2.

Also, 10 bucks on funbalancing happening mid-tournament.

At least then mags owners would know if all the ISO from the simulator should be put into him or someone else. Personally, I'm saving all my ISO to see how bad the Spidey nerf will be.
  • SirKopath wrote:
    Probably psylock rewards, they tend to hand out the new hero in tourneys immediately after release.
    Probably anyone but Pyslocke, as her release tourney won't even be over before the Mags tourney starts.
  • My hunch is that this will play out just like the DD events. Fairly easy to place in the rewards with a default Magneto.

I'm predicting Ragnorak covers are passed out this time.
  • Riggy wrote:
    SirKopath wrote:
    Probably anyone but Pyslocke, as her release tourney won't even be over before the Mags tourney starts.

This.

Both the Simulator and the Magnetic Mayhem tourneys end on Feb 21. Psylocke will be likely be the featured cover in tourneys after this one.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    I'd suspect a 3star hero for rewards. Spidey maybe? Would make sense if he gets fixed mid-tournament. I doubt it will be villain covers since they did another week of villain lightning rounds this week.
  • Jathro wrote:
    I'd suspect a 3star hero for rewards. Spidey maybe? Would make sense if he gets fixed mid-tournament. I doubt it will be villain covers since they did another week of villain lightning rounds this week.
    I think we've seen Spidey more recently than we've seen BWGS or the other early release 3*'s. Have they used any of the recently added 3*'s as rewards lately? I wouldn't mind seeing Hulk or Punisher as rewards. I need to finish up both their covers.
  • I suspect - even if I do well in Blind Justice - this is going to be my tank tournament. Even with three more covers, my mags is going to max out at like 41st level, and my mmr is getting a little too high.
  • Really hoping I see some love for Marvel Now, not Classic.

... Because I have full covers and a nicely levelled Now, and only a single cover Classic. icon_e_wink.gif

Also hoping for it to be Hulk reward covers. That would be fantastic. Haven't seen a Hulk reward tourney yet, I don't think?
  • starsrift wrote:
    Really hoping I see some love for Marvel Now, not Classic.

... Because I have full covers and a nicely levelled Now, and only a single cover Classic. icon_e_wink.gif

Also hoping for it to be Hulk reward covers. That would be fantastic. Haven't seen a Hulk reward tourney yet, I don't think?

You'd be correct, there hasn't been a single PvP event featuring Hulk as a reward for placement. The 2 Hulk PvP events did have him as progression rewards however, most people won't have him past 4/2/2 based on the 2 Hulk PvE events (and maybe a fifth green from daily logins like I have right now).
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    starsrift wrote:
    Really hoping I see some love for Marvel Now, not Classic.

You'd be correct, there hasn't been a single PvP event featuring Hulk as a reward for placement. The 2 Hulk PvP events did have him as progression rewards however, most people won't have him past 4/2/2 based on the 2 Hulk PvE events (and maybe a fifth green from daily logins like I have right now).

Yeah, I'm lucky that I grinded the hulk progression rewards to have a relatively quick 4/4/5 hulk (last black was from a random token pull). High level hulks must be pretty rare now, although he is featured in the current simulator tokens. Think I pulled maybe 3 Hulk greens from them already.

Now to figure out if i want to pump more iso into Mags... he's 77 right now but facing the impending nerf bat. I really want to since he is a really good compliment to Punisher (covers 2 colors that Punisher doesn't have, and his attacks are spammable), but that might not be true after nerfs occur so its probably best to be safe.
  • radav
    radav Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Man so many of these PvP tournaments where the featured hero is something I only have 1 cover of. DD now Magneto. UGH! If the 3* cover reward is Hulk I think I might cry. lol
  • radav wrote:
    Man so many of these PvP tournaments where the featured hero is something I only have 1 cover of. DD now Magneto. UGH! If the 3* cover reward is Hulk I think I might cry. lol

You and me both man. You and me both. Unless the buffed character is 2* Magneto...then it may be fun
  • I think i might put up a tank team on this one. My mmr is getting way too high.
  • The Thor sequel hits Blu-Ray on the 25th. I suspect Psylocke will be the reward for back-to-back Big Thunder tournaments or another Divine tournament next week.

This tournament will allow me to leisurely generate ISO to level up Hulk if I need a little more oomph in the final stretch of Simulator Basics.
  • radav wrote:
    Before these they had a long streak of low level Thor, Wolvie tournies which I didn't care about. Now they have high level ones I do care about. Can't please everyone.

I do think they need to better alternate though. Low-high-low-etc.
  • akboyce wrote:
    " A lesson from the master"

I guess everyone is busy doing Lightning Rounds and the new Elite Tourny so I will start the thread on this just announced event. I imagine the usual buffed champion tournament rules will apply. Probably two slots one for Now! and one for classic but that is up for debate.

Those without Magneto may now have slightly more interest in the DD tournament.

Where did you see this announced? It's not in the "News and Announcements" subforum.