Magnetic Mayhem Feb 19- Feb 21

Options

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mondo wrote:
    So by them giving away a free cover, does that mean they won't be providing a default character for use?

While I do like being given a cover, if no default character is provided, then you'll have to strive to keep him alive and healed if you want to keep playing in the PVP. Even if I had a single cover character, I would always use the default one so as not to worry about having to heal if he got knocked out. Interesting change. We'll have to see how it pans out.

I'm guessing they'll give you a default cover, since the people who dont have a roster slot to use the cover would be screwed over if this is the case... unless that is what D3 wants so that they buy more roster slots... hmmmm... Can someone check? I don't want to join the tournament this early since red wolvie actually sort of matters to me.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    Oh boy more Punisher rewards, as if the large amount of tournaments rewarding him in January weren't enough. Forget offering Hulk as a reward, people need dat Punisher.

I still need tons of Punisher covers. D;
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    Options
    Still need punisher covers as well.. I just wish they wouldnt always put the black covers as the easiest to get :/
  • Mondo wrote:
    So by them giving away a free cover, does that mean they won't be providing a default character for use?

While I do like being given a cover, if no default character is provided, then you'll have to strive to keep him alive and healed if you want to keep playing in the PVP. Even if I had a single cover character, I would always use the default one so as not to worry about having to heal if he got knocked out. Interesting change. We'll have to see how it pans out.

I'm guessing they'll give you a default cover, since the people who dont have a roster slot to use the cover would be screwed over if this is the case... unless that is what D3 wants so that they buy more roster slots... hmmmm... Can someone check? I don't want to join the tournament this early since red wolvie actually sort of matters to me.
    I like it this way. Free cover and puts more emphasis on actually building/using the character rather than temporary dead weight where killing em off has no consequence.

No free guest. And the intro mission does not actually enter you in a bracket.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    Oh boy more Punisher rewards, as if the large amount of tournaments rewarding him in January weren't enough. Forget offering Hulk as a reward, people need dat Punisher.

Every time I see Punisher or Patch as reward

tumblr_lr9i92a8zr1qiqf01o1_500.jpg

Seriously do they hate Hulk or something?
  • Il Palazzo wrote:
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:

Happens every time. You get used to it. IM40 was worse.
  • mooken
    mooken Posts: 52 Match Maker
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Mags (classic) Blue skill now costs 8AP instead of 6AP at Level 4.
    No more continuous blue damage for free.

Ignore all that.
    Apparently That was the intro mission messing with me. Phew. Sorry for the rumor-mongering.
  • The Punisher rewards are laaame.

I could've finished two full Punishers by now yet I'm buying Hulk covers with HP when they were released around the same time
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    mooken wrote:

Really? My level 5 is still at 5 AP.
  • Il Palazzo wrote:
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:

This. Seriously, where's the Hulk covers? My Hulk is @ 5/2/2 since Hulk's PVE. I'll do the event, I want that 4* Wolvie... Prefer if it was Hulk instead of Punisher.
  • LOL not everyone got their punishers, which means it's nice for the people who missed out since the ones who don't need em can tank that tourny. Unfortunately, that red Wolverine Xforce is something I *do* want.

---

What's interesting is the Magnetic Warm-Up... a battle to open it up? Does it turn into a normal 3 button PvP after you complete that?
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mooken wrote:

I'm not seeing that change, myself. I *hope* they didn't do this. Mags blue could be considered "fixed" by raising the cost by 1AP. if they raised it by 2 AP, then they've overdone things again.
  • Nemek wrote:
    mooken wrote:

Did you just do the intro mission? His costs 8 AP and is actually a high level, so will default to him if yours is a lower level.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    Hmm, I've been really avoiding putting ISO into Classic Mags. I hope the rewards are only mediocre, otherwise I'd be tempted.

I think the upcoming Classic Mags rework is gonna be pretty obvious, his Red won't be 2 AP, it's probably gonna get the Wolvie Green treatment and do the same thing at a higher cost, maybe he gets a damage buff out of it as you increase levels instead, same with blue, look for strength tiles to be increased while not allowing the cost of the ability to go down. I think both blue and red will be in the 6-8AP range with extra damage or protection to compensate. Purple will probably be left the same, maybe buffed, but I'm thinking a 12-14 AP costI don't know, that's the hard one to figure out, but I would bet a lot of money the big nerfs to blue and red are going to be on their casting cost, purple we'll see but more than likely all of his skills are going to cost more but do more,
  • mooken
    mooken Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    mooken wrote:

Did you just do the intro mission? His costs 8 AP and is actually a high level, so will default to him if yours is a lower level.

That would explain it completely. I didn't think that the Intro mission Mags would override mine, but that seems to be the case. Thanks, was worried I was going crazy.

Ignore all htat.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    I really hope that they give us mags change notes before the end of this tournament: got 40k iso in my pocket that im debating whether or not to use on hulk 125->141 or mags 77->100ish. Since punisher is my main, mags seems like an extremely good compliment to him, even after nerfs happen.
  • I really hope that they give us mags change notes before the end of this tournament: got 40k iso in my pocket that im debating whether or not to use on hulk 125->141 or mags 77->100ish. Since punisher is my main, mags seems like an extremely good compliment to him, even after nerfs happen.

Go for Hulk! Then you never have to think about leveling him again!
  • I'd be very surprised if Magnetic Field doesn't cost at least 10 blue AP if it has remotely the same functionality as before. Just the ability to overwrite any two tile on the board is worth more than 10 blue.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    SirKopath wrote:
    I really hope that they give us mags change notes before the end of this tournament: got 40k iso in my pocket that im debating whether or not to use on hulk 125->141 or mags 77->100ish. Since punisher is my main, mags seems like an extremely good compliment to him, even after nerfs happen.

I would if I actually used Hulk on offense, but right now he's just a defensive scarecrow and used when i'm at the top of the leaderboard and need to keep on pushing to the 800-1000 range. My offensive A team right now is 141 Punisher / 85 OBW / Buffed hero, so I'd like to get a 3* character to replace OBW with. Mags currently seems up to the task, but I'm not sure how good he'll be offensively post nerf.
  • SirKopath wrote:

I would if I actually used Hulk on offense, but right now he's just a defensive scarecrow and used when i'm at the top of the leaderboard and need to keep on pushing to the 800-1000 range. My offensive A team right now is 141 Punisher / 85 OBW / Buffed hero, so I'd like to get a 3* character to replace OBW with. Mags currently seems up to the task, but I'm not sure how good he'll be offensively post nerf.

I found out from the Devil Dino mission that Hulk is quite good on offense if you're fighting guys strong enoguh to trigger his Anger. However finding guys that can hit you that hard is actually pretty tough.