Magnetic Mayhem Feb 19- Feb 21

Options

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    SirKopath wrote:
    I really hope that they give us mags change notes before the end of this tournament: got 40k iso in my pocket that im debating whether or not to use on hulk 125->141 or mags 77->100ish. Since punisher is my main, mags seems like an extremely good compliment to him, even after nerfs happen.

Go for Hulk! Then you never have to think about leveling him again!

I would if I actually used Hulk on offense, but right now he's just a defensive scarecrow and used when i'm at the top of the leaderboard and need to keep on pushing to the 800-1000 range. My offensive A team right now is 141 Punisher / 85 OBW / Buffed hero, so I'd like to get a 3* character to replace OBW with. Mags currently seems up to the task, but I'm not sure how good he'll be offensively post nerf.

I found out from the Devil Dino mission that Hulk is quite good on offense if you're fighting guys strong enoguh to trigger his Anger. However finding guys that can hit you that hard is actually pretty tough.

Yeah, I tried him out during those missions (especially ones against Daken) and he was really good for me as well. I was mainly considering PvP with that statement, where anger is pretty hard to trigger.
  • I would if I actually used Hulk on offense, but right now he's just a defensive scarecrow and used when i'm at the top of the leaderboard and need to keep on pushing to the 800-1000 range. My offensive A team right now is 141 Punisher / 85 OBW / Buffed hero, so I'd like to get a 3* character to replace OBW with. Mags currently seems up to the task, but I'm not sure how good he'll be offensively post nerf.

Yeah, I've been running Patch/Spidey/IM40 to feed blue to Spidey and green to Patch, then swap IM40 for Hulk for my last match before closing out. IM40 still has strong health, so if someone picks me up while running that combo, I'm not too exposed defensively either.

On a side note, I'd imagine that given your handle you'd be Magneto all the way! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Phantron wrote:
    I found out from the Devil Dino mission that Hulk is quite good on offense if you're fighting guys strong enoguh to trigger his Anger. However finding guys that can hit you that hard is actually pretty tough.

Love him buffed with IM40 feeding him green and red. His red can one shot pretty much anyone and with how long typical simulator matches go I'll get it off twice for full damage.
  • Yes! Punisher covers as high end reward! I've maxed him already. This combined with the fact that both my Mags are around lvl30 it means I can finally tank out the whole tourney. Woohoo!
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    mooken wrote:
    Mags (classic) Blue skill now costs 8AP instead of 6AP at Level 4.
    No more continuous blue damage for free.

Really? My level 5 is still at 5 AP.
    Did you just do the intro mission? His costs 8 AP and is actually a high level, so will default to him if yours is a lower level.

I still don't know what you're talking about.

This is what I see for the intro mission:

UFpSWhU.jpg
  • If anyone is wondering they do not give you a guest for this event it is Magneto essential.
  • Top8Gamer wrote:
    If anyone is wondering they do not give you a guest for this event it is Magneto essential.

It appears the first battle earns you a Marvel Now Magneto
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Top8Gamer wrote:
    If anyone is wondering they do not give you a guest for this event it is Magneto essential.

I wonder if this is going to be the approach moving forward.

It is a clever way to encourage inventory space purchasing.
  • I've got a lousy magneto, don't need Punisher Black, and really need to lower my mmr, so I'll probably grab my blue magneto and (hopefully) the token at 300, and then aim for 201st place (don't need Captain America either).
  • ...I want first place for once with that red wolvie. Screw those punisher covers, I don't care. They shall be stepping stones to my xforce. If I lose to a lvl 10 player I shall cry. That is all.
  • Nemek wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    mooken wrote:
    Mags (classic) Blue skill now costs 8AP instead of 6AP at Level 4.
    No more continuous blue damage for free.

Really? My level 5 is still at 5 AP.
    Did you just do the intro mission? His costs 8 AP and is actually a high level, so will default to him if yours is a lower level.

I still don't know what you're talking about.

This is what I see for the intro mission:

UFpSWhU.jpg[img][/img]
    Meant to reply to mooken. The guest Mags ability is at 8 AP. He prolly did the mission thinking he was using his own Mags who has it at 6 AP, but actually had the guest Mags selected by default.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I like the guaranteed 2* Magneto cover, as it's the character I need them for the most - hope this is a new trend for tournies! icon_mrgreen.gif

Although I don't really know how many character-centred themes it's suitable for...

> Just a 2* character (e.g. Ares, Thor) = perfect fit.
    > Character with a 2* version (Black Widow, Magneto, Storm, Wolverine) = perfect fit, but D3 have said they aren't adding any alternate versions for a while now.
    > Just a 3* character (e.g. Hulk, Punisher) = ???

I suppose some characters are natural allies, maybe others could even be added as nemeses?! icon_e_geek.gif

E.g. Daredevil tournie = Bullseye as nemesis
    E.g. Punisher tournie = Daken as nemesis (that one time - although by definition Punisher foes don't tend to recur!)
  • I'm so glad I don't need/want any of the prizes for this tourney that badly. I've been dying to sit something out and relax.
  • Playing the pre-pvp round for free cover doesn't put you in a bracket right? :O

And then it just becomes the usual pvp event?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would if I actually used Hulk on offense, but right now he's just a defensive scarecrow and used when i'm at the top of the leaderboard and need to keep on pushing to the 800-1000 range. My offensive A team right now is 141 Punisher / 85 OBW / Buffed hero, so I'd like to get a 3* character to replace OBW with. Mags currently seems up to the task, but I'm not sure how good he'll be offensively post nerf.

Yeah, I've been running Patch/Spidey/IM40 to feed blue to Spidey and green to Patch, then swap IM40 for Hulk for my last match before closing out. IM40 still has strong health, so if someone picks me up while running that combo, I'm not too exposed defensively either.

On a side note, I'd imagine that given your handle you'd be Magneto all the way! icon_e_smile.gif

Haha, I didn't even think about that. That is a very convincing argument!
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    akboyce wrote:
    Top8Gamer wrote:

I wonder if this is going to be the approach moving forward.

It is a clever way to encourage inventory space purchasing.

Hope IceX is reading this, cos if this is the way forward I seriously don't mind. Better than spending HP for shields
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Naturally, it had to be the 2 and 3-star heroes I have the fewest covers for that are buffed (and that everyone in my mmr seems to have level 80+ of) in the tourney where I theoretically could finally get some growth for my Punisher... Too bad I need top 15 to make any progress, and top 5 to make useful progress. (currently 3/3/1 on Pun)
  • Anyone look at the art for the Evil attraction cover buy? Why did they make Bullseye look like a chimp?

Well he is kinda, but really.
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am also wondering if completing that first fight puts you into a bracket.
  • Xm... Why Classic Magneto's third strong color is yellow, when he you use purple for "magnetic traslocation"? icon_e_smile.gif