Magnetic Mayhem Feb 19- Feb 21

Options

Comments

• Should be pulling a top 5 this time around. Was kinda hoping for a full blown win but #1 was a good 75+ ahead of me, and last time I tried to creep up I got hit back down. Second place is a-ok with me, I need the Punisher covers.
  • Weird that the event is ending at 00:10
    your clock.is wrong...or I don't understand what you are trying to say. It is ending at 9 pm sharp my time (PST).
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel kinda bad. I was in the lead with 920 points shielded. #2 is at 880, and I see the person unshield, so I immediately go for an attack+shield on the person. The team was 15 mags / 141 spidey / 141 gsbw so it was pretty easy to beat. I think she's getting devoured by the horde now, so I should have just secured a 5/3/0 X-Force.
  • I feel kinda bad. I was in the lead with 920 points shielded. #2 is at 880, and I see the person unshield, so I immediately go for an attack+shield on the person. The team was 15 mags / 141 spidey / 141 gsbw so it was pretty easy to beat. I think she's getting devoured by the horde now, so I should have just secured a 5/3/0 X-Force.

Watch 3/5/5 be the best build. Lol *coughs blood*
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel kinda bad. I was in the lead with 920 points shielded. #2 is at 880, and I see the person unshield, so I immediately go for an attack+shield on the person. The team was 15 mags / 141 spidey / 141 gsbw so it was pretty easy to beat. I think she's getting devoured by the horde now, so I should have just secured a 5/3/0 X-Force.

Watch 3/5/5 be the best build. Lol *coughs blood*

Eh, theres always respec!
  • Secured my first as well for a 4/5/3 X force. Too bad I already sold a green and a red prior to the respec announcement. Feel kinda bad stealing punisher covers from someone who may actually need them
  • Man if I didn't get first I was going to find Nemek and shank him repeatedly for knocking 50 points off my score. Those last few minutes were crazy heated between Bouyt and myself, I ended up finding him in my MMR and slammed him twice in 4 minutes at the end, final scores swung in my favor of 912 to his 849. Thankyou Jebus.
  • windfallstar
    Options
    Well I don't have a high level mag so I'm very happy with winning some hp and another punisher cover. I'll have him at 3/2/3 once I get the rewards from the event.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    Man if I didn't get first I was going to find Nemek and shank him repeatedly for knocking 50 points off my score. Those last few minutes were crazy heated between Bouyt and myself, I ended up finding him in my MMR and slammed him twice in 4 minutes at the end, final scores swung in my favor of 912 to his 849. Thankyou Jebus.

icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Weird that the event is ending at 00:10
    your clock.is wrong...or I don't understand what you are trying to say. It is ending at 9 pm sharp my time (PST).

Even at 11:55 it showed 15 minutes left.
    Still ended right at 12 though. Lol whatever. Sleep time.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think I missed out on top five. Top player stayed shielded but everyone else in the top ten was on the attack.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Heh, this tournament definitely had me going from happy to sad - won a defense, which put me back in the top 15. Then, I got hit back down to 16th, so I decided to be brave and un-shield against a juicy 26 point 15 classic Magneto / 85 OBW / 85 Thor. After my first match the enemy got enough cascades/extra moves to down my level 64 Dr. Doom in the second turn, and had enough AP to heal twice in a row/ two call the storms in a row - lost 24 points from the fight, so I am hoping I still am in the top 45th to get at least one Punisher cover. What the Puzzle Quest gods giveth, they can taketh away.
  • I tanked with an L3 Yelena and L3 Venom, lost 219 pts, and still made top 75. 3 Cap'n covers and 50HP. Unreal.
  • Puce Moose wrote:
    Heh, this tournament definitely had me going from happy to sad - won a defense, which put me back in the top 15. Then, I got hit back down to 16th, so I decided to be brave and un-shield against a juicy 26 point 15 classic Magneto / 85 OBW / 85 Thor. After my first match the enemy got enough cascades/extra moves to down my level 64 Dr. Doom in the second turn, and had enough AP to heal twice in a row/ two call the storms in a row - lost 24 points from the fight, so I am hoping I still am in the top 45th to get at least one Punisher cover. What the Puzzle Quest gods giveth, they can taketh away.

I had a game where the opposing Magneto got a Magnetic Translocation on the second turn. That sure didn't go well.
  • Puce Moose wrote:

I actually don't like playing in the jungle to some extent. I think all my (maybe 5-10 ever?) Losses in PvP have been via the jungle and the machine hitting a crit on a enviornments tile early and rolling me from there. Also, usually m.storm lol. Lost for the first time in months early today. My mags was at half health starting, but it would not have really mattered. I was talking with someone...did my move...looked at them and looked back. Seemingly normal right? WRONG. The machine has hit a bunch of crits on forest and green or something. Next turn, turn 3 or so of the match, lol, I start seeing hail storms and call of the storms and lightning s...basically a whole lot of bad weather. Machine has the audacity to give me another turn like to say "o yea, I have 20 green still and another 100 jungle tile ap but you go ahead...match that 3 blue." Maybe unicron and galactus will team up and only require 3 blue ap to devour the entire board. Otherwise, yea....no.
  • Puce Moose wrote:

I actually don't like playing in the jungle to some extent. I think all my (maybe 5-10 ever?) Losses in PvP have been via the jungle and the machine hitting a crit on a enviornments tile early and rolling me from there. Also, usually m.storm lol. Lost for the first time in months early today. My mags was at half health starting, but it would not have really mattered. I was talking with someone...did my move...looked at them and looked back. Seemingly normal right? WRONG. The machine has hit a bunch of crits on forest and green or something. Next turn, turn 3 or so of the match, lol, I start seeing hail storms and call of the storms and lightning s...basically a whole lot of bad weather. Machine has the audacity to give me another turn like to say "o yea, I have 20 green still and another 100 jungle tile ap but you go ahead...match that 3 blue." Maybe unicron and galactus will team up and only require 3 blue ap to devour the entire board. Otherwise, yea....no.

Jungle has the highest variance and it's also the one you should not play a weaker team than yours (because you don't need the extra help but they sure can). Still, Magneto is a crit tile creating machine on offense with 5 blue, and you don't have to worry about the defending Magneto doing the same since they don't know how to use Magnetic Field, so you should have plenty of chances to match your crit tiles with enviornmental tiles which should definitely seal the game if you get even one in (crit + 2 environmental = 36 EP with Spiderman and should be trivial to find another 14 EP).
  • Failed to get 1st by 2 points icon_e_sad.gif, my last match didn't register which sucks. Kinda feel bad though, didn't need Punisher covers. 4* Wolvie still @ 1/1/0.
  • I ended up being leapfrogged by 2 points, which I completely expected.

Felt bad for the guy who leapfrogged me though... in the last two minutes someone in the top 5 broke shield and pulled a 35 pointer out of nowhere (HOW?) to win the bracket by 25 or so points.

Almost felt bad for the guy in 5th, and the person in 6th broke shield and leapfrogged him with literally under 10 seconds remaining on the clock. That person got to feel the pain of being punted out of the top 5 in the last minute of the tourney (/grumble CMags purple)

Still, ended up in 3rd, and finished off my 5/5/3 Punisher! And if by some miracle I come into a cache of Punisher reds in the future, there's always respec.

Well, that's two out of my three white whales harpooned.

Spidey blue? Check!
    Punisher red? Check!
    Hulk Black? Ugh....
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    Felt bad for the guy who leapfrogged me though... in the last two minutes someone in the top 5 broke shield and pulled a 35 pointer out of nowhere (HOW?) to win the bracket by 25 or so points.

I think that was me (poo-mer in game). I was first on my bracket when I went to bed last night and I woke up early 6:30 to check my ranking. I was surprised to see I was still 3rd with enough points to get to the first place with a single win. I only really needed to get to top 15 for green punisher but since it was basically a sure thing why not try to finish first. So I broke shields with 4 minutes on the clock and scored a quick win. That was apparently enough for my first ever top finish. My team was not super great (100 spidey/101 Punisher/50 magneto) but apparently quite intimidating for my mmr since I barely got attacked or retaliated at all. Yay for my finished punisher and my first tournament win!
  • I decided to play in the last 20 minutes and got a top 15. I tried to make a push for #1 earlier the day before but I figure I'd need to be shielded 24 hours to hold #1 and I didn't want to spend 300 HP for a red Wolverine that I'm not certain to win (because 24 hours is a long time to stay inactive). So instead I got 150 HP (sold both Punisher covers) for 20 minutes of work at the end. Could've made top 5 pretty easily if I started earlier, but didn't have that much time due to the PvE events.