Magnetic Mayhem Feb 19- Feb 21

Options

Comments

• Still debating whether or not I'm going to push for that red Wolvie. Mine is currently at 5/2/0, but I don't see myself putting any iso into him for a very long time. Current leader si at 800 points.

I would get it now before the mad rush to get him once the buff is announced. That's what I'm doing. Will pump iso into him after buff but collecting now. Going to be 4/3/3 after today.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2014
    Options

Still debating whether or not I'm going to push for that red Wolvie. Mine is currently at 5/2/0, but I don't see myself putting any iso into him for a very long time. Current leader si at 800 points.

I would get it now before the mad rush to get him once the buff is announced. That's what I'm doing. Will pump iso into him after buff but collecting now. Going to be 4/3/3 after today.

That is a very fair point. I guess I'll get Mags up to 100 and make my push. 95 Mags / 141 Hulk / 141 Punisher should be intimidating enough for people to not attack me.
  • Question on breaking your shield since I've never done this before... does it break when you start a match with an opponent or after you finish the match win or lose?
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    when you start, so play fast
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Question on breaking your shield since I've never done this before... does it break when you start a match with an opponent or after you finish the match win or lose?

You will see a confirmation message asking if you want to lower your shield. Pressing yes makes you visible and vulnerable again.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Yeah I don't know about this: the guy in first is running 141 spidey / black widow, guy in second has 2*s + a 100 mags. Not sure if making a run is worth it if they're going to be hardcore about it. I'll see how I feel 3 hours from finishing.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm trying to get the last red Punisher cover I need, so I shielded when I got to #2 in my bracket with 598 points. (First place has 803 points.)

The disturbing thing is that I just logged back on and got notification that I was attacked 3 times -- once losing 0 points, once gaining points, and then the third time losing points. icon_eek.gif

I'm still in second, down to just 583 points, but I'm really hoping that was just a one time glitch or something weird going on with the timing of that player's match and me putting up a shield... (sent a ticket into support just in case).
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Question on breaking your shield since I've never done this before... does it break when you start a match with an opponent or after you finish the match win or lose?

You will see a confirmation message asking if you want to lower your shield. Pressing yes makes you visible and vulnerable again.

Thanks guys for the heads-up.

Had to throw a shield up way before I normally do, as all I was pulling up was mostly forumers and was getting run over by teams of 141s making late pushes up the ladder. I have a few quick targets lined up for a fast kill if some last second points are needed, should the bracket become hectic enough to require a last second push.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Yeah no. I tanked in the middle of the tournament and can't make any progress on the leaders due to people attacking my tank team. Going to settle for some HP instead.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I tried to go for 1st but my Magneto's are dragging me down.
    My Punisher has max covers but I already committed, so I've just shielded for now.
    Feel a bit bad for people who need punisher covers, but at the very least it would make me some much needed HP.
  • All but one of the top 5 are shielded now. #2 is 150 points below. Avg of let's say 25 points, that means someone has to spend (4 min a match) probably about 28-30 min to make up that score, assuming no retaliation (unlikely this point in tournement, but I've seen weirder things happen). So @30 min I guess I need to start checking scores.

Seriously, if xforce stays sucky I am going to be pretty unhappy. Plenty of tournements I would be ignoring mostly if it were not for the want to get my xforce finished. Plus I could have used my ISO dayyyys ago (I did break Into.my.vault once I hit 185k to put 15-20k into assorted ppl though. Made it up to 175k again though..so the long march goes on. Funny thing is, i will probably have the ISO before the covers lol. 5/1/1. All I ever get are iw or wolvie greens from things.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All I have for him are 3 greens. I really could do with a red. :/
  • Took a deep breath and went for broke as the 3h shield I was forced to put down was expiring.

Queued up 2 15-16 targets and broke out my speed team knowing that any time I would field at my point score (700+) would be mowed down quickly (I had already been stepped on by Rango and few other forumers, which led me to shield earlier).

Ran through the first opponent easily enough.

Second opponent fell quickly as well, but the game didn't give tourney points for the win. Did that mean the person I fought was sandboxed? (This is not the first time this has happened to me.)

Started panicking and quickly skipped through the nodes and found a 14 pointer. Finished that fight as quickly as I could, expecting the worst. Did receive credit for that fight.

Saw I was in first, blinked in disbelief, and quickly slammed the shield button. Took a deep breath and relaxed a bit.

Started laughing out loud when the attacks started pouring in literally 20 seconds later. Deflecting 4 40+ point attacks in under a minute felt so good icon_e_biggrin.gif

Don't know if I'll win or not, but I'm reasonably sure I'll place in the top 5 in my bracket, finishing off my Punisher and ending my curse of red Punisher covers.

Guess that is what life is like in the Elite tourney on a hourly basis... icon_lol.gif
  • My tank team is in. Sitting at about 550 pts after a few hits already. Have fun.

All shielded. Looks like they got the message icon_e_smile.gif

All shielded. Looks like they got the message icon_e_smile.gif

Similar with me. Doesn't look like any1 will try. Probably wouldn't succeed anyways. To much incoming this late in the game.

2-10 has tightened up a lot since earlier.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm shielded at 15th place with with 564. That's always a slightly scary place to be, in the very bottom of the reward rung. I actually won a defense which made me happy; that's pretty dang rare for me.

....and 16th place, by a point. Dang it. I guess I may try to un-shield 10 minutes before the end and try to win one match. Hopefully my mid-range 64 Dr. Doom / 56 Classic Magneto / 84 Thor combo (yay rainbow team!) will be *just* annoying enough to stave off enough beatings that would knock me below 45th place if things go poorly. I suppose I'll find out!
  • 150 pt lead over 2nd 250 over 3rd..both shielded. I think I am golden for the first. Yay 5/2/1 wolvie...slowly moving on up.
  • Weird that the event is ending at 00:10
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Well, got bored of grinding the iso labs so I made a run for first: currently in the lead at 950.