Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Style55 said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Well, @Style55, I hope you had better luck than I did. Absolutely horrible timing with real life events meant I pretty much missed most of my final grind. No covers for me. Now the progression cover only gets them to 3/5/4. There's a green cover for me in the Webbed Wonder event vault, but there's no way I'm gonna be that lucky. 

Also, briefly scanned the event scaling announcement. Good news for the 5* players, but without an extension of 4* covers in SCL 7 or 8 to T20 and no opening of SCL 9 and 10, I'm pretty sure my 4* progress just got massively boned.

I can't place well enough in PvP to get covers through placement there. I'm probably gonna miss out on 2-3 covers through placement each PvE event. Although, the only reason I play this game so much is to do well in placement. With that possibility removed, I might not be tempted to even bother with the game anymore.

I did just renew VIP, so I'll give it the next 28 days to try it out. Maybe I'll do better than I think. Maybe it's time to finally put some ISO into my 5*s.
    I managed ever so barely. I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to snag a good placement :/ 

Best wishes. Hoping you luck out and manage to get a usable R&G cover very soon! 
    Well, at least one of us did. They're still useable, they'll just be likely struck at 3/5/4 once I get the progression cover. 

Honestly, the most frustrating thing about the whole situation is that I've been waiting MONTHS for them to be featured again, as I think they haven't been since their release event. I was in a very good position to get them champed and their event finally comes along at the worst possible time. 

I really thought they were set to be the alliance rewards during the second run of Sinister Six, but we got Riri instead. I like her rework, but now more than ever I wish they had awarded R&G instead. 

I can probably kiss goodbye any shot at getting G4mora covers from placement now too, whenever she gets featured. And knowing my luck, it will probably be her black cover in progression. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I had a yellow Mockingbird in my R/G vault. Did I pull her? Nope. Spent a little hp for a daily deal to get her. Did I? Nope. Moonstone. Lovely. So I've been swimming in hp for a bit and thought I'd buy a 10 pack from her vault. Surely I will get at least one of my blonde feminist. Nope. Like seven 2s and three 3s. I have two 3*s left to champ, Gamora and She Hulk, so of course I pulled #14 Gamora and I think She Hulk is awarded in the birdie vault which should put me at 13 or 14 for her. Plus my 2* Mags and Widow covers expire in a few days but I won't have enough iso to at least get Mags up and going again because I champ R4G as soon as I get their blue in progression. Yeah, I know, 2s and 3s aren't difficult to come by so having to sell some before they expire isn't the end of the world it just sucks because I always have just enough iso to champ a 2 before it expires. What really sucks though is not getting one birdie and I definitely know that I won't get her yellow in her event. Bleh.

Edit: Don't have to worry about She Hulk for a while and my Widow doesn't expire for a week. About to level up again so I think I'll be able to champ everyone. May delay R4G till I get their 14th since they've been destroying people in Webbed Wonder.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,866 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Made the mistake of messing around in Morse Code PVP to try and get Mockingbird yellow to fire free powers by giving the Ai match 4's (which also triggered cascades). I got my free power eventually but it was Cyclops Uncanny Strategist rather than X-Force Wolvies Surgical Strike which was a bit disappointing/disastrous. Then the Ai used all it's lovely AP to fire Photon Blasts/Executive Decision/Bombshell and various others and blast my team to smithereens.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tex-Mex. I decided to take on a non-champ 4* Carol, 3* Blade (unboosted), and of course DP.

Oh dear what a mistake. Two characters who can spawn single-turn CD tiles. Lots of red so there were plenty of strikes. Then Blade chose to spend the purple on attack tiles instead of saving it up for DP's Whales, and also claimed the black for Nightstalker (nooooooo!). The board got completely out of hand with Carol buffing tiles every tinykitty turn, and it was one of those awful stagnant boards. "Here's a match-3. Here's another. Here's another. No you can't get to that Nighstalker tile."

I won. Barely. Had to spend a Thing team-up to down Blade after I took down DP, but there went two health packs.

Every now and then the AI just plays a match perfectly and really puts the screws to you. That was one of them.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Spent 20 CP on a LT and got Ant-Man..aint got no Ant-Man..aint planning on invest time or money to level Ant-Man..dont like Ant-Man. This is the downside of removing vaulting. Still think its a good thing tho. Really like to level up Iceman.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT said:
    SnowcaTT said:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    "Random Color" given out at end of Howard PVE.

With the two purples given out earlier, I'm at 3/3/5.

Have another purple as a daily drop in 15 days. To not waste it, I need a good PVP color and a the "Random Color" to be one of the two I need.

For DAYS, I've been dreading what it would be.

Today, I was proven right....the "Random Color" was OF COURSE purple, so I will have to toss it out and I'll also have to toss out the purple I get in 15 days since there isn't any other way to get Howard.

WHEN WILL WE GET COLORLESS COVERS. THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS.

(Oh, and I have no faith that your "Random" really is)

GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS D3???

Yep, it's day 1062 for me! A lovely Purple Howard for me! I mean....a pitiful 1K ISO!

Duck is back! My 3/3/5 hasn't changed!

And....we have a vault. A -SIZED EIGHTY- vault. With...apparently no other way to earn covers? And no other events to earn vault draws?

What a waste.

I PULL A DAILY TOKEN TODAY. IT IS MY SECOND TOKEN PULLED.

IT IS PURPLE HOWARD. OF COURSE. I AM NOW 3/3/8. THIS IS NOT RNG. FIX THIS.
    GUESS WHAT MY HOWARD "RNG" WAS.

MY DUCK IS NOW 3/3/9. THIS IS NOT RNG. FIX THIS.

Also "limited" characters enhance bad "rng", just like 5*'s. COLORLESS NEEDED.
    GUESS WHAT MY HOWARD "RNG" WAS.

MY DUCK IS NOW 3/3/10. THIS IS NOT RNG. FIX THIS.

Also "limited" characters enhance bad "rng", just like 5*'s. COLORLESS NEEDED.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not a specific moment, but just, in general, Duck be a Lady. I love Webbed Wonder overall, but that sub has some nasty fights in it. Add in a few bad cascades, and I burned all my health packs and still missed the final clear on the last Node. Then had to use like my C-team for the initial clears on the last sub, so that ended up taking like an hour longer than it should have.

Oh, and my Howard is headed in the same direction as above. Now 0/0/3.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    talleman said:
    Spent 20 CP on a LT and got Ant-Man..aint got no Ant-Man..aint planning on invest time or money to level Ant-Man..dont like Ant-Man. This is the downside of removing vaulting. Still think its a good thing tho. Really like to level up Iceman.
    Roster him, use him for ddq to get 2cp and eventually he'll pay you back for that 20cp. Also, I read your comment in Stone Cold Steve Austin's voice.

Came in with a 0/0/1 Howard. I leave with a 0/0/2 Howard.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Pulling a 4* Star Lord Purple, a dupe, in the Webbed Wonder vault. Also... knowing that next event won't have 4* R&G boosted so I can't speed clear an entire sub-event in 26-30 minutes. 
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oppened 4 LTs and got three 5*s. Thanos, Phoenix and Star-Lord. Yay?...Nay! Im in 3-4* transition. I need to build my 4*s! I dont want to buy more roster spots to fill 3 five stars that i cant use yet. Oh well, maybe i will be thankfull in about a year or two when their usefull.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have 4 Mr. Fantastic covers sitting on my vine. Really starting to dislike the unvaulting of older 4s. I was very happy never having to think about champing him. Now his **** is getting hate champed.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    madok said:
    I have 4 Mr. Fantastic covers sitting on my vine. Really starting to dislike the unvaulting of older 4s. I was very happy never having to think about champing him. Now his tinykitty is getting hate champed.
    And that hate will diminish next time he's boosted. His rework made him very useful!! 2 strong fortified protect tiles coupled with a 3 turn stun and imaginaut can make a cascade go from good damage to DAMN!!! in a hurry and those two powers are pretty cheap at 7 ap each
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is a really tinykitty problem in the long run, but I nearly screamed on the bus this morning when I pulled another Red cover for my 4/5/3 Ares, making my NINTH that's hanging out in limbo waiting for any other color to let me champ him and use them.

Oh well...

**Goes back to weeding his 2* farm**
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Sim Mayor said:
    This is a really tinykitty problem in the long run, but I nearly screamed on the bus this morning when I pulled another Red cover for my 4/5/3 Ares, making my NINTH that's hanging out in limbo waiting for any other color to let me champ him and use them.

Oh well...

I think I've got about a dozen 2* Storm covers in my queue waiting for me to get one. stupid. gold. cover. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Sim Mayor said:

Oh well...

I think I've got about a dozen 2* Storm covers in my queue waiting for me to get one. stupid. gold. cover. 
    I just cleared out ten 2-star Torch covers before getting Inferno #3, so I'm getting a kick out of these replies.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Sim Mayor said:

Oh well...

I just cleared out ten 2-star Torch covers before getting Inferno #3, so I'm getting a kick out of these replies.
    Yes, the joys of a 2* farm. I think I've got about 6 days before the first Storm cover expires, so I'm not too worried yet. It's just one of those things, where each additional blue and green cover I get makes me say, "Seriously? Can I get just one yellow?" In fact, I've only pulled one; the other came from SHIELD Simulator. 

I don't think I had to clear out that many Torch covers, but I know one time when I flipped him it was the exact same issue; couldn't pull a black cover to save my life. Same thing happened a few months ago with either Wolverine's yellow or red. I figure if I keep playing long enough, it'll happen with each character eventually. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madok said:
    I have 4 Mr. Fantastic covers sitting on my vine. Really starting to dislike the unvaulting of older 4s. I was very happy never having to think about champing him. Now his tinykitty is getting hate champed.
    And now to my point in my earlier response to you about this. MrF and C4ge will be boosted together starting Thursday. I hope you have Cage champed too. Those two together are a powerhouse!!!!

This is a link to a discussion I started in June when they were boosted together last time. Jean Grey is boosted again this coming week also. Probably my 4* dream team!!!

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/65210/weekly-buff-list-synergy#latest

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got a purple Bagman cover in the Colossus PVP. My Bagman is 5/2/2 though so I can't use it. I was considering seeing how many CP a 2* cover goes for, so that I could champ him, and realized there's nothing I can do other than sell the cover.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Web browser double posted, sorry.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I lost a match in PVP this morning due to a massive cascade, right when I would have made 1000+ points. Then on my hop to 1100+, I lost ANOTHER PVP match due to a massive cascade. I hope I can get to 1200+ on my end break.. otherwise it's very frustrating. But who knows!