Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had an ending time of 2 am for black vortex, used the 3 hour shield with 5 hours left thinking I could wake up before around the time it ended  (was 650 at time) and make my way to get that badly needed X23 red. Woke at 2:30 to see the event ended, ugh. My poor 5/1/5 X23.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,120 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hooked on a Feeling event. I'm using Patch and Elektra, both champed and boosted. Elektra has *eight* Shadow Step shield tiles out. Enemy team's Star-Lord casts Bit of Both, destroying three rows and a couple of shield tiles. I notice that Star Lord isn't taking the damage from the trap. Meanwhile, the cascade from the column destruction give him a green match 5, which their Patch uses to casts Berzerker Rage. Another trap down, still no damage to their team from the trap tiles. They make another match, which cascades four more times, which ends up killing Elektra. At the end of the turn, the damage from her shield tiles springs, and takes out the rest of the enemy team. That would have been good to have happen *before* she died...
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Sitting at like... 3rd place overall for Simulator, finished my clears about half an hour too early then watched as I fell down to 21st place, unable to do anything about it T.T
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Too much other stuff I had to do over the weekend, ended up 102nd in Simulator. Missed t100 by like 40 Points. If I'd been able to manage one more clear on any node during day 2, I would have had it.

This was the easiest run through Simulator that I've ever had, too. If I'd had the time to clear properly, I might have even managed t20.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Ugh. Level 180-something Muscle in the Mockingbird essential node just laid a beating on my boosted Ironheart & Gwenpool to the tune of nearly 4h healing time for each. Knew I should've brought Medusa or Strange to that fight..

Nearly 200 levels beneath my characters and he still damn near won the fight outright. Man those Muscles are OP if they get a tile or two to resolve.
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    That node with Juggernaut and 2 muscle goons. That node can go straight to HECK.

Wiped twice on it a least. It DEVOURED my healthpacks. I think I ended up like 21st in the first sub, yet again.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ugh. Level 180-something Muscle in the Mockingbird essential node just laid a beating on my boosted Ironheart & Gwenpool to the tune of nearly 4h healing time for each. Knew I should've brought Medusa or Strange to that fight..

Nearly 200 levels beneath my characters and he still damn near won the fight outright. Man those Muscles are OP if they get a tile or two to resolve.
    Yeah, thought I could power through it with Riri and Gwenpool too, since they handled pretty much anything that came their way in the Simulator.

After the first fight, I switched over to Bl4de and Strang3 and didn't look back. 
  • DarthDeVo
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Stick said:
    That node with Juggernaut and 2 muscle goons. That node can go straight to HECK.

Wiped twice on it a least. It DEVOURED my healthpacks. I think I ended up like 21st in the first sub, yet again.
     I've always thought this node was one of the hardest nodes in the entire game. Still do. There's another one, with 2* Bullseye and two Muscle goons (I think the node is called "Freeze Buddy!", but can't remember which event it is) that's also not much fun when 2*BE scales up. His protect tiles get real strong, especially with several on the board. Slows everything way down, giving the Muscle goons more time to place and resolve more tiles. 

EDIT: I used Bl4de, Strang3 and IM40 to get past the Juggs/Muscle node. I don't know if that's an option for you or not, but something to consider. 
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Stick said:

I've always thought this node was one of the hardest nodes in the entire game. Still do. There's another one, with 2* Bullseye and two Muscle goons (I think the node is called "Freeze Buddy!", but can't remember which event it is) that's also not much fun when 2*BE scales up. His protect tiles get real strong, especially with several on the board. Slows everything way down, giving the muscle goons more time to place and resolve more tiles. 
    Elektra (boosted!), Scarlet Witch (Purple Generation!) and C4ge (Protect Tiles) helps somewhat.  You'll still eat a couple of Headbutts, but if you're really lucky Shadow Step can prevent that damage.  Unstoppable Crash is still very, very annoying, though.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Stick said:

I've always thought this node was one of the hardest nodes in the entire game. Still do. There's another one, with 2* Bullseye and two Muscle goons (I think the node is called "Freeze Buddy!", but can't remember which event it is) that's also not much fun when 2*BE scales up. His protect tiles get real strong, especially with several on the board. Slows everything way down, giving the Muscle goons more time to place and resolve more tiles. 

EDIT: I used Bl4de, Strang3 and IM40 to get past the Juggs/Muscle node. I don't know if that's an option for you or not, but something to consider. 
    It's in Unstable ISO-8, and yeah, it's a nightmare.

I had a Hobofist green cover about to expire. Hadn't managed to save up the 120CP to buy his 13th, so I decided to try just pulling what I had. Last one was another Fist...green.
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I had 5 Riri covers on the vine. Then I respec'd her, forgetting that I hadn't champed her yet. There go 3 covers.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Wolveroach beating Gamora in 4* Crash, and opening the Legendary Token to get an unusable Baglady green cover.

There were aspects of vaulting I didn't like.  Not getting Baglady covers wasn't one of them.

• sambrookjm
    Options
    Losing the "Third Time's A Charm" node on the Deadpool Daily. With three max-champed two stars. The other team was 3-star Magneto, Punisher, and Ragnarok. Through a monster series of cascades, I was hit with Godlike Power, Molotov Cocktail and Polarizing Force on the fourth turn of the game...followed by Magnetized Projectiles and another Molotov Cocktail on the fifth turn. It didn't get much better after that.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    For whatever reason, I thought the first team up node in the main page of Meet Rocket and Groot disappeared when the second sub finished, so I rushed to grind it down to zero. Especially since I missed the final clear for points of the team up node in the first sub.

I was hoping to get T5, but I may have just screwed myself out of too many points. Hopefully T10 is still on the table.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Missed T10 in Meet R&G by nine points. Nine. Points.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    For whatever reason, I thought the first team up node in the main page of Meet Rocket and Groot disappeared when the second sub finished, so I rushed to grind it down to zero. Especially since I missed the final clear for points of the team up node in the first sub.

I was hoping to get T5, but I may have just screwed myself out of too many points. Hopefully T10 is still on the table.
    I did the same thing and I'm currently sitting in a very tight spot (~100 points) between myself and three other people. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can manage to place in 10th so I can finish off my R&G

Best wishes to you on placement! I wonder if you're in the same sub as me.
  • DarthDeVo
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Style55 said:
    DarthDeVo said:

I did the same thing and I'm currently sitting in a very tight spot (~100 points) between myself and three other people. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can manage to place in 10th so I can finish off my R&G

Best wishes to you on placement! I wonder if you're in the same sub as me.
     Thanks man, you too.  To compound my problem, as I mentioned I missed one 7th clear in the first sub that was worth 61 points. Tonight, I've got family in town and I think we're going to a live music event. I'm not sure when it ends, but knowing my luck, probably close to when I need to be doing my final grind. So my dilemma is, do I do the grind early, just to be on the safe side? Or take a gamble we'll either still be at the event and I can just grind it out as normal; our that we'll leave early enough that it won't be an issue?

I'll admit, I feel rather sheepish asking if we can leave early enough I can still do my grind. It is just a game, afterall; but, I really would like the covers so I can champ G4ocket.

We may be in the same sub. It looks like one other player did the same thing as me, but their name is different from your forum name. Of course, my IGN is different from my forum name, so I know that's a possibility. 

And as far as these nodes that happen within the main sub go, I really wish there was some consistency. Some (most) events, they're one and done with each sub. Sometimes, they last all event. Sometimes, it's a weird hybrid like this one; the first one was one and done, then there's two more that last for the rest of the event. And wasn't it Enemy of the State we had a few weeks ago, where the first one lasts 48 hours with the 48 hour initial sub (y'know kind of like the one we just had), but that one goes away at the end of the sub (unlike the one we just had)?

I feel like I need a cheat sheet for how long each node lasts, and that's kind of ridiculous. They should either standardize them across all events, or include some kind of separate timer within the match preview screen that shows how much time is left for that particular node. 
  • DarthDeVo
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Well, @Style55, I hope you had better luck than I did. Absolutely horrible timing with real life events meant I pretty much missed most of my final grind. No covers for me. Now the progression cover only gets them to 3/5/4. There's a green cover for me in the Webbed Wonder event vault, but there's no way I'm gonna be that lucky. 

Also, briefly scanned the event scaling announcement. Good news for the 5* players, but without an extension of 4* covers in SCL 7 or 8 to T20 and no opening of SCL 9 and 10, I'm pretty sure my 4* progress just got massively boned.

I can't place well enough in PvP to get covers through placement there. I'm probably gonna miss out on 2-3 covers through placement each PvE event. Although, the only reason I play this game so much is to do well in placement. With that possibility removed, I might not be tempted to even bother with the game anymore.

I did just renew VIP, so I'll give it the next 28 days to try it out. Maybe I'll do better than I think. Maybe it's time to finally put some ISO into my 5*s.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have 10 (!) 2* Thors on the vine and a 2/5/5 Thor just waiting to be added to the champ farm. Pining for the days of using Hero Points to buy that last cover, it's been so long since I've seen a 2* Thor Red.....
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Well, @Style55, I hope you had better luck than I did. Absolutely horrible timing with real life events meant I pretty much missed most of my final grind. No covers for me. Now the progression cover only gets them to 3/5/4. There's a green cover for me in the Webbed Wonder event vault, but there's no way I'm gonna be that lucky. 

Also, briefly scanned the event scaling announcement. Good news for the 5* players, but without an extension of 4* covers in SCL 7 or 8 to T20 and no opening of SCL 9 and 10, I'm pretty sure my 4* progress just got massively boned.

I can't place well enough in PvP to get covers through placement there. I'm probably gonna miss out on 2-3 covers through placement each PvE event. Although, the only reason I play this game so much is to do well in placement. With that possibility removed, I might not be tempted to even bother with the game anymore.

I did just renew VIP, so I'll give it the next 28 days to try it out. Maybe I'll do better than I think. Maybe it's time to finally put some ISO into my 5*s.
    I managed ever so barely. I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to snag a good placement :/ 

Best wishes. Hoping you luck out and manage to get a usable R&G cover very soon!