Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A minor one, but still: Didn't notice that my phone hadn't registered the tap to rotate a different enemy to the front, so when my Photonic Barrage went off at the start of my next Turn, all that damage hit Moonstone while she was at 1 health remaining. 1 damage. 1.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Forgot I was going for placement in in Honor Amongst Thieves so I did the clears on the wave missions in I Have A Plan twice and wondered why I was suddenly #1. I hope this doesn't come back to haunt me too badly as I was really aiming to place in the top 10 for this event. Meh.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Defeated 5trange in clash, got myself a LT. Pullet 5* Doc Ock...have no roster space for him and got three 4*s that also need roster space on the vine.

Also manage to get the 4k 10-pack reward in season pvp but only pulled one 4* wich was Prof X (1-1-0). Aint to happy about that :/
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    talleman said:
    Defeated 5trange in clash, got myself a LT. Pullet 5* Doc Ock...have no roster space for him and got three 4*s that also need roster space on the vine.

Also manage to get the 4k 10-pack reward in season pvp but only pulled one 4* wich was Prof X (1-1-0). Aint to happy about that :/
    To ease a little pain of that, it is possible to beat Prof X crash with just a 0/1/0 build. So there's that.....
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    madok said:
    I have 4 Mr. Fantastic covers sitting on my vine. Really starting to dislike the unvaulting of older 4s. I was very happy never having to think about champing him. Now his tinykitty is getting hate champed.
    And now to my point in my earlier response to you about this. MrF and C4ge will be boosted together starting Thursday. I hope you have Cage champed too. Those two together are a powerhouse!!!!

This is a link to a discussion I started in June when they were boosted together last time. Jean Grey is boosted again this coming week also. Probably my 4* dream team!!!

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/65210/weekly-buff-list-synergy#latest

I do have both champed. Now I just need a non-character release event to play in so I'm not forced to use Strange/Thanos to compete for covers.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    sambrookjm said:n
    DarthDeVo said:
    Sim Mayor said:
    This is a really tinykitty problem in the long run, but I nearly screamed on the bus this morning when I pulled another Red cover for my 4/5/3 Ares, making my NINTH that's hanging out in limbo waiting for any other color to let me champ him and use them.

Oh well...

**Goes back to weeding his 2* farm**
    I think I've got about a dozen 2* Storm covers in my queue waiting for me to get one. stupid. gold. cover. 
    I just cleared out ten 2-star Torch covers before getting Inferno #3, so I'm getting a kick out of these replies.
    Yes, the joys of a 2* farm. I think I've got about 6 days before the first Storm cover expires, so I'm not too worried yet. It's just one of those things, where each additional blue and green cover I get makes me say, "Seriously? Can I get just one yellow?" In fact, I've only pulled one; the other came from SHIELD Simulator. 

I don't think I had to clear out that many Torch covers, but I know one time when I flipped him it was the exact same issue; couldn't pull a black cover to save my life. Same thing happened a few months ago with either Wolverine's yellow or red. I figure if I keep playing long enough, it'll happen with each character eventually. 
    Down to 31 hours left, and still no yellow cover. And I'm pretty sure RNG is mocking me by giving me yellow covers for everyone BUT her. 

Anyway, I switched up my slice for Honor Among Thieves to try a new routine, but it's slice 1, which means waking up early for my grind. I don't think my brain functions well that early, because I kind of forgot to account for the team up required node and didn't get it down to zero. That one goof will probably cost me T10.
  • nucwolf13
    nucwolf13 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I just had the game crash on me while going against a seed team ...
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    nucwolf13 said:
    I just had the game crash on me while going against a seed team ...
    Saaaaaaaaay. This sounds like something I heard in Alliance chat just today. From an alliance member who goes by nucwolf...

What a coincidence!
  • DarthDeVo
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Had to sell a 2* Storm cover today. "Really? That's not so bad," you might say. And while that's true it's why I had to sell the cover that makes it the WMotD.

I run a 2* farm. Whenever I max a 2*, I start collecting covers to replace them. Once I get a viable 13 cover build, I'll sell the champ and immediately reroster the new build and champ them. Sometimes I don't get the right mix of covers before the first cover expires, so I roster what I can, then add any of the missing covers as they come in, champ the character and immediately apply champ levels from the dupe covers building in my queue.

As you can guess, it was 2* Storm's turn a few weeks ago. I had plenty of blue and green covers, but no yellows. I held on to them as long as I could before selling the champ and adding the new Storm. I powered through SHIELD Simulator to get a yellow cover, then pulled another not long after. OK, so she was 5/5/2. I just needed to pull one more yellow cover in about 6 days. Shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I still haven't pulled one stupid yellow cover. Since I waited two full weeks from the time I maxed my old champ, then had about a week from the time I rerostered to now, that means I've gone nearly three weeks and pulled only one yellow Storm cover. Meanwhile, I have at least 10 green and blue covers in my queue still. The next one expires in about 4 days. Each green and blue cover I pull makes me want to chuck my phone across the room.

And to add insult to injury, I pulled every yellow cover in the 2* tier except her's within the past 24 hours or so, along with plenty of 1* Storm yellow covers.

RNG, why hast thou forsaken me?
  • DarthDeVo
    edited August 2017
    Options
    It's early, but I don't think it will get much worse than missing Top 10 in Honor Among Thieves by 15 points. Totally underestimated how long those wave nodes would take. Should have started about 10 minutes earlier to finish off everything. But even one more minute would have worked. I just needed to clear one more node. One. More. Node. 

I guess my only consolation is that his yellow power isn't super necessary and will probably be the 2K reward in SHIELD Simulator next season. 
  • zodiac339
    Options
    Fell behind in Trial by Combat, so decided to hit the retaliation on an Epic Thanos and Friends. My highest is 293, so I went with Deadpool and Scarlet witch with purple AP boosts. It was going fine, Arcane Incantation didn't get matched out and was toward the center of the board. It resolved, but only a match 3, so I had to match purple to get to 14. As soon as I got that 14 purple, AI gets one of those match 5s that fall from the sky and critting down my Deadpool for 8K damage or so.
    Just another load of annoyance on top of the rage pile that this PVP has become. The Furious Charges wiping out the ability I'm about to use. The Slow AF matches due to having to deal with constant use of boosted C4ge. Mordo being boosted and reminding me his purple still steals AP instead of destroying it like it's supposed to. At least with Made Man, I'll get to keep some AP.
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Messed up my final push for Honor Among Thieves, ended up about 33rd. In my last clear Mordo became unboosted somehow, and was just doing normal damage. Anyone else ever have that happen?
  • zodiac339
    Options
    Stick said:
    Messed up my final push for Honor Among Thieves, ended up about 33rd. In my last clear Mordo became unboosted somehow, and was just doing normal damage. Anyone else ever have that happen?
    When you start as the sub timer is ending, characters have ended up unboosted on me.
    I didn't finish my last clear either. Still have the last wave mission to deal with, and it took 10 minutes due to 1 Mindless protect tile that Hair Meddle missed twice before it was destroyed. I would have had to start 20 minutes earlier to get the full clears in.
    Then I wiped on first attempt in Yondu required mission. Switched to Strange and Cage for an easy redo, but it sucks to have to revive a 1 cover dead weight character.
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ugh, I think I missed the same tile like 3 times in a row with hair meddle. So frustrating. I should also add for the new event I sold my 2*mags to cycle him without having the back up cover since I wanted to champ 3*Star-lord without realizing he was required for this event. At least I snagged a cover from a token just before I finished my first clear.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sentry, one of the worst 3 stars is the CL6 placement reward for thick as thieves. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This actually happened yesterday, but I can now put it to words. If any of you saw the best moment thread yesterday afternoon you would know I needed one more optimal grind to seal up t10 in Honor Among Thieves. I started the final grind well enough and was cruising, but during both my 6th and 7th clears I got bad boards on BOTH wave nodes..... BOTH times..... Meant I couldn't hit the loaner node at the end. That one node..... Just that one lousy node..... I missed t10 by one hundred and twenty mother of all tinykitty points...... I will NEVER play for placement again..... Tinykitty that bull...... I like my laid back, use my boosted 4* strategy, I'll take t20 or t50 to NOT go through that again...... I was sitting 7th the whole event...... That one tinykitty node....
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Stick said:
    I've had the unboosted thing happen one or two times too, I think it has something to do with starting a your final match while the event ends just after you select your team and before you actually enter the fight. It can certainly make for an interesting experience.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled a Heroic Token. 4* :smile: Peggy :smiley: Red :(

9/4/0
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Pulled a Heroic Token. 4* :smile: Peggy :smiley: Red :(

9/4/0
    Same issue here, those blues are just not happening. Got one cover, put her as my BH and now at 5/5/1. At least one blue cover and none wasted but no longer my BH, Might risk it next time I open the hoard to champ her.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,375 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Getting 11th place in Thick as Thieves by 25 points.  In SCL 8.  Expand 4* cover rewards already.  You can keep your #%! Sentry covers.