Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fell asleep before doing my final grind of the LA sub in Prodigal Sun. I'm not playing this event optimally at all, so was gonna do my final grind about 7 hours before the sub ended, but I must have literally passed out. I was going to respond to a email, then do my grind.

Next thing I know, I wake up, the email is open (hadn't even started composing my reply), and it's about 15 minutes before the sub ends. 

I managed to get a 5th clear on everything but OBW's node (Sentry's didn't count for points) and did full clears for the easy nodes, but honestly I'm more upset about missing out on all the ISO, XP and potential bonus rewards than anything else.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,061 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have every 2*, 3* and 4* character rostered but 1 (Spider Gwen).

Guess who is needed for today's Behemoth Burrito?

Guess who is my tomorrow resupply (day 1015)?

KGB
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    playing the easy node directly after finishing my Crash of Titans node. switched my characters but forgot to switch boosts

well hello lvl 35 minions, meet lvl 330 Thanos, Logan and 5Cap with +125% damage and boosted colours!
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled 100 Classic tokens looking to max cover my 5/3/4 IM46.  Even set him as my bonus hero.  Pulled 1, as well as 4 other bonus heroes, but all 5 of them were red.  **sad trombone**

Didn't cover a single 5* today, but I have 3 of them at 12 covers!  2 of them are the dreaded 5/2/5 configuration though.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Opened 44 Legendary tokens and didn't get a single bonus hero. 

And earlier in the day, Galacrus OHK'ed me when I had him at 33 health.
  • BrownCoat888
    BrownCoat888 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Just finished System Reboot pulled red GR and Yellow KP both the only powers maxed out on those characters and consequently unusable
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I usually have doctor's appointments on Mondays. Had one yesterday, and it threw off my schedule, and now I'm checking every two hours and keep wondering why Lightning Rounds aren't starting.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pulled a Cyclops Red from a Hornhead token, making him 5/0/0... Funny enough, Tean Jean is my other 0/0/5.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    So my sentry was 222 with 11 covers on the vine and 223 will me my 14th MK. I have been waiting until the first cover was about to expire before using it. Had about 5 or 6 days last, but got pretty drunk after having to start clean out my grandmother's house, and somehow while sitting outside my dog jumped in my lap and must have hit apply to one of the covers while I was probably deleting 1 star covers.

Woke up this morning all hung over to see a MK in my RQ. Not the biggest deal because I already had 200,000 plus iso on hand and only need 360k to champ him, but boy was I pissed that my plan was circumvented earier than I planned.
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    For some reason, I wasn't thinking and decided to pop one of my hornhead tokens even though I have 3 different champs on the vine in various amount of covers that I need to champ (AV, Sentry and even 2* thor) before I open anything better than an elite token. Got a red cover for my 5/1/3 Gamor4. After I clean out my rewards I might try and frantically pull to get her covered up, but it's unlikely.

Thankfully, I'm really close on champing all my other stuff.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've had a long stretch of being able to keep up ISO gathering and application while continuing to open Classic tokens as I gathered the CP to afford the next one. Which is really good because outside of certain hardline boundaries that I still have problems resisting (like keeping 240 on hand "just in case I really need to level someone and not lose covers that I want), I have a hard time not chasing the shiny.

I'm in the penalty box. Finishing champing Coulson now... should be done in about 3 days. But then I have 2-3 days behind him to Champ SL, and last night I pulled a 14th cover for my LVL 94 fully covered 4* R&G. Oops. No more. I have to stop and HURRY. Cannot open any more tokens for 2 weeks. Sigh.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Opening my Season Heroic 10-pack. only the single 3*, no BH... damn you RNG!
  • KFloppy
    KFloppy Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My 1/1/1 Sentry became 4/4/3 after Thick as Thieves.  :-( 
    My 4* Carol is currently 3/10/1.  Who wants extra Executive Decisions?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've had a long stretch of being able to keep up ISO gathering and application while continuing to open Classic tokens as I gathered the CP to afford the next one. Which is really good because outside of certain hardline boundaries that I still have problems resisting (like keeping 240 on hand "just in case I really need to level someone and not lose covers that I want), I have a hard time not chasing the shiny.

I'm in the penalty box. Finishing champing Coulson now... should be done in about 3 days. But then I have 2-3 days behind him to Champ SL, and last night I pulled a 14th cover for my LVL 94 fully covered 4* R&G. Oops. No more. I have to stop and HURRY. Cannot open any more tokens for 2 weeks. Sigh.
    Do you have 5 on R4G's yellow? That's easily his best power to me. I bring that up because even if you run out of time and lose the 14th cover then just getting it up in level a bit is still very serviceable for pve. I'm in the process of champing Coulson and then I have to decide if I want to throw 120cp at 4* Fist so his 2, possibly 3, covers don't go to waste. I have seven 4s that have 11-13 covers that I need to level up and yet I keep spending cp. There should be a support group for MPQ. " Hi, I'm shardwick and I just spent almost all of my cp on classics."
    KFloppy said:
    My 1/1/1 Sentry became 4/4/3 after Thick as Thieves.  :-( 
    My 4* Carol is currently 3/10/1.  Who wants extra Executive Decisions?

Could have used you about two months ago when my Carol was at 5/0/5. I spent 500cp to try and get just one yellow. I got SIX of her covers (4 regular, 2 bonus) and none of them were her yellow. Actually, it's worse than that. So that was when Carol's yellow was in Heroes 4 Hire so I definitely didn't want to spend the hp, ended up spending the 500cp in classics, then sulked and spent the 3600hp then spent another 240cp to champ her because her first cover was about to expire. 740cp and 3600hp in a journey to champ just one 4*. Since then I've only gotten like one yellow for her and that was from a boss event and that's saying a lot because she's my highest, maybe second highest, 4* right now at like 286.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Needed to drop one more of Kaecilius's strikes to down him. They all start going in the corners, with no matches anywhere near. End up getting taken down by match damage before I can get that last one.

Honourable mention to the hit I took climbing in Lethal Intent. Not complaining about the hit itself, more the fact that the retal replaced the 63 point target with a loaner Gamora that I'd been about to hit. Didn't manage to queue up anything over 50 after that.
  • DarthDeVo
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Game straight up crashed on my during my final grind of the first sub of Strange Sights. It was the fourth clear of the final wave node, and I was in the middle of the second wave, so not even a board drop off death.

Then I got stuck in my final clear of Daken's node, so basically nothing got a 7th clear.

Only saving grace seems to be others likely didn't get too many optimal clears either. I'm sitting in 6th place overall, but if I would have had optimal clears, I'd maybe be pushing 1st.

EDIT: Sitting in 9th place. It's hard to tell where I'll end up, because I think some people aren't necessarily finishing the boss fight right away. I probably wasn't going to get optimal clears anyhow, as I don't think I gave myself enough time to start with, but the crash definitely did not help. Had I gotten optimal clears and no crash, I would probably be in either 5th or 4th.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Game straight up crashed on my during my final grind of the first sub of Strange Sights. It was the fourth clear of the final wave node, and I was in the middle of the third wave, so not even a board drop off death.

Then I got stuck in my final clear of Daken's node, so basically nothing got a 7th clear.

Only saving grace seems to be others likely didn't get too many optimal clears either. I'm sitting in 6th place overall, but if I would have had optimal clears, I'd maybe be pushing 1st.
    Ugh, that sounds frustrating. I haven't seen a single board drop of death since they mentioned it in the release notes but I get frequent crashes after finishing a versus match. 

Watch out for that first door, though, the scoring is currently bugged. I hope it at leasts affect everyone so it doesn't create an unfair advantage.
  • DarthDeVo
    edited September 2017
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Game straight up crashed on my during my final grind of the first sub of Strange Sights. It was the fourth clear of the final wave node, and I was in the middle of the second wave, so not even a board drop off death.

Ugh, that sounds frustrating. I haven't seen a single board drop of death since they mentioned it in the release notes but I get frequent crashes after finishing a versus match. 

Watch out for that first door, though, the scoring is currently bugged. I hope it at leasts affect everyone so it doesn't create an unfair advantage.
    Yeah, that's the door I'm in right now. I always save the Hand for last. 

It's going to be really hard to tell where I'm going to end up. I'm currently in 9th, but I don't think people are necessarily beating the boss battle right away. I probably wasn't going to get optimal clears anyway, as I don't think I gave myself enough time to finish, but the crash definitely did not help. 

I honestly can't remember the last time I got a board drop of death, but I would prefer that any day over this. This made the whole time I spent in the fight up to the point it crashed feel like a massive waste of time. It would have been better to have crashed right away, then I could have tried from scratch and only wasted a few seconds instead of a few minutes. I never did get around to trying the node again, as I ran out of time. 
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Two straight losses in Magneto PVP before I've even reached 200. The board just would not. tinykitty. STOP. dropping match-4s and match-5s in whatever colour the AI needed to blast me into oblivion.

Match #1: Me: Mags / 4Blade / Kamala v Mags / Falcon / Kamala. Easy right? Bah. By turn 4 I'd watched the AI fire Coercive Field twice, Magnetic Projectiles, Bird Strike, and Polarizing Force. I had squat, Blade was almost dead (he ate both of Mags' powers), there were Falcon-buffed Protect tiles all over the place, and enemy Kamala had fully healed what little match damage I'd done; I hadn't fired a single power. Retreated. No sense wasting any more time there.

Match #2: Me: Same (after health packs) v Mags / 4Carol / Fist. Harder but I thought my larger health pools would get me through. Well not when by turn 4 I've watched two purple-to-black board shakes from Fist, Carol's fired her black, I've eaten Projectiles AGAIN, and then on turn 5 (or was it 6) Carol just drops her CD to zero and blasts Blade in the face for ~14K damage. Again, how many powers had I fired by this point? Zero. Retreat retreat retreat, lost cause.

Quitting for the day. No point bloodying my head against this brick wall any farther.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Straight up forgot to play DDQ yesterday. Not sure how that slipped my mind. That makes the second time in a few months. Maybe I need to set a daily reminder on my phone. :blush: