Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Stick said:
    TPF Alexis, I've found GSBW is super useful against dock ock. All you really have to do is set up a match 4 or 5 in a line that breaks his reactor, or pop it with a sniper rifle.
    Yeah, but she makes my strongest colour be purple, which means I stall out against Sandman, and don't even make it to Ock when they're in this order.
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Oh, really? That sucks. I don't know what your roster is like, but I've found XFW to pretty much be a hard counter to Sandman.

• TPF Alexis
    Options
    Not at 2/1/1 he ain't ;) I just started champing 4* a week or two ago. Medusa, Carol, Gwenpool, Coulson. Riri and HoboFist are close. Almost all the rest have at least one of their good powers down at one cover.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options

Coming home after work, starting a quick clear of Sinister VI V2 on my Steam account before the next window opens in 2 hours or so, win a couple of battles, then "Check Internet Connection".  As I'm posting on the same computer, I doubt that I'm having internet connection problems.

:edit: Of course, the moment I click on Post Comment, it all came back.  I wonder if there's some port conflict with SABnzbd or SickBeard... 

• Loftus
    Loftus Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    Stick said:
    TPF Alexis, I've found GSBW is super useful against dock ock. All you really have to do is set up a match 4 or 5 in a line that breaks his reactor, or pop it with a sniper rifle.
    Yeah, but she makes my strongest colour be purple, which means I stall out against Sandman, and don't even make it to Ock when they're in this order.
    I'm not sure if this is of any use to you, but my team for the event is 4* Iron Man, 3* Black Widow and 5* Black Bolt. Gives me full rainbow, board manipulation, a very heavy solo hitter and huge match damage for yellow matches (sandman counter) and green matches (Black widows generation) the team's worked very well so far! Not sure if it's possible with your roster, but just wanted to throw mine out there in case it helps with tinkering :)
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not getting the last progression of SHIELD Sim, for the third straight season.
    Well, at least this time I reached my other goal, the 4000 10-pack. And my Sandman is more or less usable anyways without that cover.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    After pulling a BH Blade on a classic heroic, realized that I had changed my BH from Moon Knight, who is 12/13 with two covers on the vine. Decided to change my BH back to Moon Knight, bought one 10-pack from each of the Heroic & Classic Heroic stores to no avail.
  • AlluAllu
    AlluAllu Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    Context: No usable 4-stars, all 3-champed. My alliance is in round 5 on Sinister Six. 

I decided to do a boss fight against Sandman, Venom and Doc Ock with Grey Suit, Hawkguy and Spider-Man. Everyone is saying how Carnage is horrible boss to face off first, but Sandman just put fear in me as well. He kept creating yellow match 5's and pummeling me. Black Widow was down in no time and Hawkguy and Spidey were in really low health. I finally managed to take him out with the help of Deadpool whales from a team-up. 

Venom was easy. Spidey's shields blocked purple tiles on board and it took ages for him to get all six invisibility tiles. Meanwhile I farmed AP and healed Hawkguy. When he finally attacked, he didn't even do any damage, because Clint had made my team invisible. Then I used Spidey's new yellow and took him down instantly. 

And then Ock... First two of his tentacles I destroyed easily. By then I had 15 turns left. Surely that would be plenty of time... Well F you! Stupid bowlhaired jerk. 
  • Stick
    Options
    Not at 2/1/1 he ain't ;) I just started champing 4* a week or two ago. Medusa, Carol, Gwenpool, Coulson. Riri and HoboFist are close. Almost all the rest have at least one of their good powers down at one cover.
    Dang. Best of luck. My alliance is in the final round, and I'm feeling the pain. It hurts seeing my champed 4thor take a beating from stupid carnage. If only Carol were boosted.
  • Stick
    Options
    Yeah, definitely suffered a few losses today. Actually had a Doc Ock reactor go off in my face.

Also, I went against my better judgment and popped my hulk tokens. Opened 16, got 2 3*s and the rest in 2s. Shoulda saved them. I *have* been hoarding vault tokens from events lately, just decided to test my luck in this one for ?reason?
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Divine Champions. Facing IM40 & Thor, with one turn to go before his recharge tiles resolve & lead to Thor one shotting someone. I look at my strike & attack tiles and try to add up the damage; will it be enough to finish IM off? I think so, so I play the turn. Match damage, attack damage... 

12. Twelve stinking Hp left. 

Thor blasted Blade to oblivion, and stunned Carol after having previously stunned Medusa. I retreated at that point. So close... 
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And then.. Loki & Thor & OML. Oh dear. First turn I make a match 3 which drops an unexpected match 4, letting Loki drop 4 Mischief tiles. They resolve, he gets 5 purple, shuffles the board, bad cascade, Thor gets blue, Logan is spitting out strikes along the way, now Thor has 7 red with multiple red matches on the board... Didn't take a genius to see that match was a lost cause. 

Some days. 
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So sick and tinykitty tired of crashes.  Well, actually, a crash in and of itself doesn't bother me so much it's the consequence that really chaps my hide.

Just about to start a boss fight after spending some health packs so everyone was at full health and... crash right as the tiles were about to drop.  Really ticks me off that I get punished for a design flaw.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So sick and tinykitty tired of crashes.  Well, actually, a crash in and of itself doesn't bother me so much it's the consequence that really chaps my hide.

Just about to start a boss fight after spending some health packs so everyone was at full health and... crash right as the tiles were about to drop.  Really ticks me off that I get punished for a design flaw.
    At least you can re-run the Boss FIght this event.  Previously when that's happened, the boss fight was locked up, you scored a 0, and you had to do a side node to unlock the Boss fight again.

I've had the boss node crash on me twice so far during the event.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Honourable mention to the Standard Token in my Resupply and the Boss Node where I didn't manage a single black match or ever have enough red on the board to get Blade thirsty, but the real winner has to be Black Vortex. Going into the last match I need to hit 575. Board Drop of Death. Loses enough Points that I need two matches to hit 575 now. Between the BDoD and those two matches, I run out of Health Packs, leaving me one match short of 650, but with no one left ready to fight who's strong enough to handle any of the teams I can find. By the time I check back after letting my packs regenerate a bit, I'm back down under 450.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pulling 5, five, 4*Rocket and Groot (2/3/4) green covers and having only one usable. 
  • MpqTron
    MpqTron Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Pulled 2 4 stars from vintage heroic tokens this season. Amazing. 
    i green which is the only colour of IW I have 5 already in and Cho green which is the only colour off his I already had 5 in. Ridiculous Rng 
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Received a heroic token off a 2* Cap. Opened it 4* Rocket green and then bonus hero... 4* Rocket green. That now puts me at 7 exclusively green covers that I've pulled for Rocket in < 12 hours.  :'(
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Deciding whether I should champ my moonstone with 12 covers on the vine or continue working towards champing iron fist with 1 vine cover (11 days left).
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

smkspy said:
    Deciding whether I should champ my moonstone with 12 covers on the vine or continue working towards champing iron fist with 1 vine cover (11 days left).

How much iso do you need to do both and how much do you have?  11 days is a decent amount of time when it comes to getting iso to level 2*'s & 3*'s...at least it's more than I would have thought it was the first time I ran into that same problem.