Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Getting to rank 6 Sinister Six rewards but realizing the alliance isn't going to make it to 7 and obviously 8. C'est la vie. Or something.

Oops I was wrong just kidding.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Play the Real McCoy event and I need a handful of points to reach my 575 goal.

I spy a team of 168 3* Strange, Loaner Beast, 110 3* Deadpool with more than enough points.

I figure I'll just match damage them to death with a L255 OML  + L255 Black Bolt (both 5* are 1/1 with OML having a Yellow) + loaner Beast. Battle starts and I am whittling down Strange nicely but at a certain point Deadpool starts jumping in front of the match damage. So now I have to switch to him. But the board is lousy with Purple (wish I had my 5* Widow) so Deadpoll hits 2 Whales against me and loaner Beast keeps hitting Blue then Green for heavy hits. I retreat with OML down to 20% health and Bolt/Beast dead and I've only killed Deadpool.

A bunch of skips later and I'm back facing same team. This time with L190 Hulkbuster (5/2/2 5 red) and L190 Bobby (2/1/1). Things moving nicely and I'm about to punch Strange when I see again Deadpool is ready to Whale me (it's 3K damage). So I punch Deadpool instead and eat Stranges damage thinking it's no big deal cause Hulkbuster still has 10K health left. Battle instantly goes south as AI hits 10 match 5*s over the next 3 turns loading him with green and blue so that once again he's either stunning me or using Beast blue then green. I manage a few stuns from Bobby but that horde of match 5*s plus more after that causes defeat again.

Found another team to complete my points and then hunted for last 10 minutes skipping over and over desperately wanting 1 more crack at that team just for my peace of mind and I never got it despite a few hundred skips.

When the game decides you aren't winning a specific battle it doesn't matter whether your 99% likely to win or not. You ain't winning :(

KGB
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Missing the Beast PVP. Not that big of a bad moment, but considering the last two seasons I failed to reach my SHIELD Sim and PVP season goals because of how busy I am, it could bother me later.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tried to do a final hop to 900 in Blade's PvP during lunch. Got to 881 and was in a match advertised for 21 points. Won it (for only 18 or 19 points) but came out to see the smackdown was already beginning. Worked my way back up to 851 and shielded.

But I went to pull the token I got for passing the 850 mark. Flashing token! Yes! Silhouette with sunglasses... Coulson purple, to join the other one already dying on the vine. That now makes him 3/7/2.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just went to delete an agent coulson from my queued cards and I accidentally deleted EVERYTHING!  so mad at myself
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Playing against a Blade, Spidey, 2* Thor team in PVP. Should be a pushover, so I don't bother healing up beforehand. Thor gets a Thunder Strike after I down Spidey (his stuns were annoying me) which blows up the board in cascades, I eat Call the Storm, Iceman is suddenly in bad shape. Two turns later, exact same thing happens. Thunder Strike, board blows up, green everywhere, another CTS, Iceman's now down.

Losing a boosted 4* champ to a stinking 2*. That's humbling.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Blade PVP. Just like Beast PVP, lot of Iceman/Hulkbuster mirror matches. I've never wiped so much in one event, but the loss I had this morning stung more than any of the other ones. 

Its down to just Hulkbuster vs. Hulkbuster. Mine has  >3K health left, his has 10K health. Multitude of strikes and attack tiles on both sides, but his are eating my health at a faster rate. I have enough black for an overdrive, but using it will kill me. I need just 1 red AP to fire repulsor punch and finish him off. He gets a match 4 that appears to set up the last red match I need, but the tiles that drop end up setting up a cascade for him that drops my hulkbuster. I found the softest surface in my apartment (couch) and threw my phone at it multiple times. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finally after how many months of bonus heroes I got my first bonus 5* for my 3/3/5 Phoenix..... Can anyone guess what color it was....... 

If you said red you're a winner!!!! :/
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Today the game crashed on me when I entered a fight against a seed team in Behold Thanos  :p
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I entered my bracket for Venom Bomb at 996.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ouch!! You should use the URL posted in the events sub forums for bracket updates. Sorry about your luck on that
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    Ouch!! You should use the URL posted in the events sub forums for bracket updates. Sorry about your luck on that
    I did! But I was on the train and waited a whole half hour after expected flip to enter (45 minutes since last update) because otherwise it was going to be another 30 minutes or so until I could get to it and then I'd be at work... I missed the count prediction by 10 minutes. lol.
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Banging my head against the wall trying to get the last 100 points in simulator. When I win, I get attacked. Or, I just straight up lose fights I shouldn't be losing. Arrrrgh.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Over 1000 days playing. For the third day in a row, I get a frikkin standard token as the shield drop.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not noticing that the AI's Team Up was Penance Stare...and having my Boosted, Champed Red Hulk get smacked with it after doing a Hammer and Anvil for 45K damage.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pulled my second-ever 5* bonus hero, bringing my 4/3/2 Thanos to . . . 6/3/2.  :/
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Venom bomb, being constantly presented with extremely bad boards, wrong colors and so on. The sheer spasticness of carnage and symbiotes makes me sick to my bones :s  
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ugh, realizing I probably don't have enough points left in the last sub to hit final progression. I knew when I didn't 5/6 enough nodes over the last couple days, especially yesterday (felt like **** most of the day) would probably do me in.

Oh well. I'm still in line to win a Vulture cover, so there's that.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Taking upwards of 4K damage on a single enemy move from the Carnage/2x Mutation node in Venom Bomb thanks to Guard Dog x4 with strike tiles out. Multiple times in the same match. All I can say is that it's a good thing that Red Hulk has a LOT of health when he's boosted and champed, because there was a whole lot of Seeing Red going on there.
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options
    Taking upwards of 4K damage on a single enemy move from the Carnage/2x Mutation node in Venom Bomb thanks to Guard Dog x4 with strike tiles out. Multiple times in the same match. All I can say is that it's a good thing that Red Hulk has a LOT of health when he's boosted and champed, because there was a whole lot of Seeing Red going on there.
    That one was awful, even with the healing from Medusa. Ugh I wish they had changed that node after the Carnage redesign.