Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    every time a LT gives me a Mordo it is a bad experience. screw this **** character
  • keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @PresidentDoom2020  Because of the vaulting system, I reached 13 covers on all the 4*'s available to me when Cloak & Dagger came out, so I won't be using another LT until G4mora is about to be vaulted :-/ 
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    New season set to open!
    "SCL9 coming soon!"
    "SCL10 coming soon!"

• PresidentDoom2020
    Options
    @PresidentDoom2020  Because of the vaulting system, I reached 13 covers on all the 4*'s available to me when Cloak & Dagger came out, so I won't be using another LT until G4mora is about to be vaulted :-/ 
    oh I straight up just don't want Mordo on my roster by principle. He's a character who I think shouldn't have ever existed in the game because I believe that absolutely no one ever said "oh yeah I know who MPQ needs! The token black character from the Dr.Strange movie that no one cared about or remembers!". I might not like Gwenpool or FemThor but I understand that there's a part of the audience for the game that appreciate them, on the other hand I believe absolutely no one asked for Mordo to be in the game and here he is, wasting tokens and PVE rewards for me, this absolutely bland and forgettable character, a waste on every level.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    oh I straight up just don't want Mordo on my roster by principle. He's a character who I think shouldn't have ever existed in the game because I believe that absolutely no one ever said "oh yeah I know who MPQ needs! The token black character from the Dr.Strange movie that no one cared about or remembers!". I might not like Gwenpool or FemThor but I understand that there's a part of the audience for the game that appreciate them, on the other hand I believe absolutely no one asked for Mordo to be in the game and here he is, wasting tokens and PVE rewards for me, this absolutely bland and forgettable character, a waste on every level.
    Pretty sure there were people who think of Mordo as Strange's most classic and iconic villain and are a bit disappointed he isn't quite powerful enough to reflect his position. While the game is using movie-based appearance, from a comics perspective, he deserves a place in the game.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Pretty sure there were people who think of Mordo as Strange's most classic and iconic villain and are a bit disappointed he isn't quite powerful enough to reflect his position. While the game is using movie-based appearance, from a comics perspective, he deserves a place in the game.
    yeah, the keywords being the one from the comics, and even then I think you'd still want to see Dormammu in the game way before Mordo. I generally just don't like how a lot of the more recent releases have just been based on the MCU versions of the characters. I mean don't get me wrong, I like the MCU but I think adding the MCU variants instead of the a more definitive variant based on the comic iteration of the character does a disservice to a lot of the characters who are a first time debut in the game
  • ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    every time a LT gives me a Mordo it is a bad experience. screw this tinykitty character
    Tell that to the boosted Mordo in Nefarious Foes...

• mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Easy one. Third black dupe for 5* Bruce Banner. Yeah any other colour would complete him but the broken rng gives the same useless cover three times straight. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kind of minor, but I straight up forgot to play DDQ yesterday. Not sure how that happened. I've fallen asleep a couple times while trying to clear PvE/PvP and didn't get to DDQ but this ... just straight up forgot.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    My G4mora is now 1/7/3. Seriously, could I maybe draw something OTHER than black? 
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Dropping out of T5 in EoS for underestimating sub 2 waves. Only did 6 clears for Blade essential and the final node. Started on the 60min mark, needed 7-8min more for the 7th clear on both. Never again, better clear a few minutes earlier than, well, not finishing at all.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    jgomes32 said:
    Dropping out of T5 in EoS for underestimating sub 2 waves. Only did 6 clears for Blade essential and the final node. Started on the 60min mark, needed 7-8min more for the 7th clear on both. Never again, better clear a few minutes earlier than, well, not finishing at all.
    I've had bad luck estimating how long my final clears will take lately. I missed ~140 points I think on the first sub. And I think I got the wave node in the main event page cleared to at least one, but I might have missed some points there, too, although if I did I'm not sure how much.

But yes, better to finish a few minutes early rather than leave points on the board.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ive desperatly been fighting Human Torch in Crash of the Titans with my lvl 152 (3-1-3) Medusa and got him down to 450hp. 1 move away from finish him off and he throws a fireball at me and ends the game. RAAAAGE!
  • AkCrisp
    AkCrisp Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Have a 5/4/1 Medusa before EOTS pve event.
    -1 yellow cover in the pve vault. Pulled it.
    -1 yellow and 1 purple cover from progression. Got both.
    -get 80 cp and 1 Legend token, have only two covers to get that would waste them (medusa yellow and Iron Fist blue) and play the odds... another 3 more medusa yellows pulled  :|

• BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pulled my ninth hobo fist blue, to go with my 6th, 7th & 8th Mordo  black and my sixth Coulson pink slowing dying. HATE THIS.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I played this current 7 day pve event flawlessly completing every node 6/6 in a timely manner but since 4 people in CL 6 has multiple 5 stars fully covered I get the same reward as some one who barely tried. ugh.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    I played this current 7 day pve event flawlessly completing every node 6/6 in a timely manner but since 4 people in CL 6 has multiple 5 stars fully covered I get the same reward as some one who barely tried. ugh.
    Were you shooting for a T10 or T5 placement? If so, that will pretty much require 7 clears of each node.

Or were you more commenting on 5* players eating up rewards in CL6? Are you talking rosters with 5* champs, or people who just happen to have a few 5*s? If the latter, they may have just lucked into a few covers, that likely aren't very usable.

If you're talking the former, I definitely sympathize with that. Not sure why they would slum it in SCL 6 with scaling the way it is.

If/when they implement SCL-based scaling without opening SCL 9 and/or 10, nor significantly increasing the rewards in SCL 8, I can guarantee the same sort of thing will happen in SCL 7. And that will significantly dampen my enthusiasm to play. 
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Worst moment of the day is realizing how bad this week is going be. Boss was done in the first 10-12h. Next is Deadpool vs MPQ meaning a huge drop in iso income. Pvp will be Beast, Blade and Thanos. Missing the two best 4* this week (Iceman and Hulkbuster) i have a bad feeling for pvp, Invisible Woman, Pun and Venom have little to none synergy amongst themselves and also with the pvp character events. 
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Whoops, wrong topic. Sorry to brighten the pessimism thread!
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Were you shooting for a T10 or T5 placement? If so, that will pretty much require 7 clears of each node.

Or were you more commenting on 5* players eating up rewards in CL6? Are you talking rosters with 5* champs, or people who just happen to have a few 5*s? If the latter, they may have just lucked into a few covers, that likely aren't very usable.

If you're talking the former, I definitely sympathize with that. Not sure why they would slum it in SCL 6 with scaling the way it is.

If/when they implement SCL-based scaling without opening SCL 9 and/or 10, nor significantly increasing the rewards in SCL 8, I can guarantee the same sort of thing will happen in SCL 7. And that will significantly dampen my enthusiasm to play. 
    3 of the 4 had multiple 355 level 5s.  The 4th had a smattering of 5s, they all sniped CL 6 for some reason. I usually make top 3.