Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DeNappa said:
    StevO-J said:
    Opening 4 10-packs and getting ZERO Bonus Heroes... How's that for a depressing statistical outlier?  :/
    Let me guess, of those 40 covers, 39 were 2*s. So, essentially it's only 0 out of 1 bonus heroes. Working as intended :mrgreen:

lol :)

Yeah, that would have been something 'special' indeed. But I think those packs had about 2 gold pulls on average so that was not too bad. The thing is, I was NOT going to wait and see if it improved in the other 3 10-packs I had (and still have now). Opened some single heroic (about 60) pulls and a few Classic LT's and started getting some BH's, but then I got 2 4*s fully covered (Agent Venom and 4* Blade) but still at lvl. 70. So now I need a small mountain of ISO before I can continue to open my tokens without fear of wasting covers.

Overall it wasn't too bad, but I think I only opened about half the hoard I had (heroics + 10-packs, not CP/LT's) before I ran into the ISO wall. Oh well, all in good time I guess. 
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Purple Goblin to go 1/7/0.

COLORLESS, PLEASE.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My Cloak & Dagger is 5/3/3 with one yellow waiting on the vine.
    Set C&D as bonus hero.
    Few days no luck pulling C&D.
    Today have 40 CP to spend on classics.
    First pull C&D... Purple! 
    Yay, just need one more!
    Second pull C&D... Yellow. Dang.
    But wait!
    Bonus hero triggered!
    C&D... YELLOW.
    *facepalm*
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just pulled another purple Coulson cover. I have 2 sitting in queue. :/ 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Discovering that today's DDQ gives a blue cover for my 5/0/1 She-Hulk :(
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Discovering that today's DDQ gives a blue cover for my 5/0/1 She-Hulk :(
    Only ~44 more days for your first She-Hulk green! :D
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    You know when you see an potential L or T shape and want the extra turn / critical tile to happen?
    And you accidentally grab onto the wrong tile? And it still manages to make a match? But not the L or T shape you wanted? Instead you just get a regular match 3? And you're like "How the tinykitty could that be a match? I mean what?!"
    You know that?
    That's poop.

Happens to me all the time today.
    This happens to me too.  One time, it actually cost me the match.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bbigler said:
    mexus said:
    You know when you see an potential L or T shape and want the extra turn / critical tile to happen?
    And you accidentally grab onto the wrong tile? And it still manages to make a match? But not the L or T shape you wanted? Instead you just get a regular match 3? And you're like "How the tinykitty could that be a match? I mean what?!"
    You know that?
    That's poop.

Happens to me all the time today.
    This happens to me too.  One time, it actually cost me the match.
    I have a new habit anytime there is a match-5 on the board. I truly tap the first tile, then tap the 2nd tile to swap.
    No dragging allowed when the correct match is critical!

Yeah, you see what I did there.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Open some saved up LT to jump start a few, 4s. Out of 5 get 3 five stars I don't want to roster. Everyone says 5s are so tough to get /s
  • ntcplanters
    ntcplanters Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Having two colors max'ed on a 4*, and needing one more to champion, but getting the color that I did not need: for TWO 4*s in one day!
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So my 4* Blade has been moving right along. A black & red from ISO-8 pushed him from 1/4/2 to 2/4/3. My daily resupply is an LT. I pull that. Green. 2/5/3. Sweet. I pull a couple of classic LTs. One is 5* Steve. Meh. Then Blade's icon again.

Before it even pops up, I know damn well what colour it was.

Yup. 2/5/3 with a useless green in the queue now.

Freakin' RNG.
  • Style55
    Options
    So my 4* Blade has been moving right along. A black & red from ISO-8 pushed him from 1/4/2 to 2/4/3. My daily resupply is an LT. I pull that. Green. 2/5/3. Sweet. I pull a couple of classic LTs. One is 5* Steve. Meh. Then Blade's icon again.

Before it even pops up, I know damn well what colour it was.

Yup. 2/5/3 with a useless green in the queue now.

Freakin' RNG.
    Best wishes and good luck on getting the appropriate covers you need. 
  • Style55
    Options
    Just pulled another purple Coulson cover. I now have three sitting in queue. Coulson is 4/5/3 and I'm only pulling purple covers. Terrific. 
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Three? Yeah? I have five Loki blacks with a sixth coming soon in the Deadpool daily.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd weigh 3 excess Legendaries as a worse day than 5 or 6 Rares. I have to debate on whether or not to put ISO into Agent Venom due to 4 covers in queue. Need to stop spending CP... oh. There was no clue on patch notes. And there's suspicion of R130 having a 3/5 release. That's at least a 2 week delay on getting Agent Venom retired.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Game crashed while I was doing my 7th clear on the R&G essential node.

Didn't think it would matter that much, until I was trying to get that initial team up node of ISO 8 Brotherhood (where you have to fight Moonstone and two goons) ground down to one. I was on the last fight worth 56 points; I could not get Bl4de's Hunger to produce any strike tiles to save my life, or collect enough green for Tools of the Trade, which made the match drag on. 

I didn't get the node cleared by the time the event ended. Came out to see I ended up in 6th place overall, missing a T5 finish by ... 40 points. Pretty sure if the game hadn't crashed earlier, I would have finished on time.

I'm not upset per se, as I still got the green cover I needed to champ 4ist, so the only thing I really missed out on was an additional champ level. It's the aggravation of the stupid Board Drop of Death bug biting at the worst possible time and screwing me over that frustrates me more than anything. 

Runner up was waiting for a bracket to flip before joining slice 4 of Thick as Thieves in SCL 7. I was starting to get sleepy, so decided to just go for it before I risked falling asleep trying to do my initial clear. Entered at spot 1,000; it was literally impossible to have had worse timing. I'm now sitting at 93rd place after finishing the initial clear. 
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well, my worst moment was one that started brewing a couple of days ago already.
    This tuesday I could only do one clear or so of the PVE, due to sending my CPU for cleaning, and getting it back with little time before the end of the sub. After I got it back, I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, I was still around 9000 points from the last progression reward (55 CP!).
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Three? Yeah? I have five Loki blacks with a sixth coming soon in the Deadpool daily.
    'Tis much easier - and much less painful - to justify spending 20 CP to finish a 3* character with covers expiring, than 120 CP (or more!) to finish a 4* character. Especially since that first champion cover on the 3* returns an LT, so it's something of a wash in terms of CP value.

I've got a 4/5/3 3* Star-Lord with two purple in the queue, myself, but I've got more than a week to wait & see if I can pull the yellow or green I need.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    'Tis much easier - and much less painful - to justify spending 20 CP to finish a 3* character with covers expiring, than 120 CP (or more!) to finish a 4* character. Especially since that first champion cover on the 3* returns an LT, so it's something of a wash in terms of CP value.

I've got a 4/5/3 3* Star-Lord with two purple in the queue, myself, but I've got more than a week to wait & see if I can pull the yellow or green I need.
    Not on Loki, though. He's just not that impactful anymore, and his abilities are all just as good at level 153 as they are at 266.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just burned 12 health packs only climbing from ~180 to 300 in Scarlet Witch's PVP.  Got killed on Turn 2 TWICE and had a third match where the AI cast SW's purple on turns 2, 3 AND 4 in the same match, not to mention the other skills they had.  The cascades the AI got were just ridiculous.  The whole climb I never had more than 1 IM40 countdown tile resolve in a single match and that includes a time I double fired it on a mostly yellow-free board just to play it safe.

Some nights, you just have to shut off the game and admit defeat...