Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Winning the ProfX/Elektra crash match yesterday, on the third try and drawing Luke Cage Black with the token.

That's maybe (I haven't dug too deep) the only cover in the current Legendary pool I can't freaking use. He's 1/2/5 (or is is 2/1/5?) so I haven't a prayer of finishing him to apply it. What a freaking waste.
    Give it time, there will be several you can't use soon enough. I've only got two of the current ones champed, and nine at 13/13. I'm not a stock-piler, so this new system really takes the fun out of the game for me. A legendary token is about as good as 1k ISO.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,334 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 1/5/5 Coulson is sad, and doesn't like trying to pull tokens to get those last 2.  But with the Heroes for Hire Store, I think maybe I can get him to 2/5/5.  HP not an issue.  My Taco Vault this cycle had that Yellow Coulson waiting.  So I figure, go for it.  2 ten packs purchased with HP, 122 stockpiled tokens spent.  

Ouch.  LT, Professor X, 1000HP.  All great things to get, but dammit, I wanted that Coulson.  

• Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My 1/5/5 Coulson is sad, and doesn't like trying to pull tokens to get those last 2.  But with the Heroes for Hire Store, I think maybe I can get him to 2/5/5.  HP not an issue.  My Taco Vault this cycle had that Yellow Coulson waiting.  So I figure, go for it.  2 ten packs purchased with HP, 122 stockpiled tokens spent.  

Ouch.  LT, Professor X, 1000HP.  All great things to get, but dammit, I wanted that Coulson.  

And you are so close to affording that 40-pack...
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got another Cage black from an LT today. He needs 4 freaking yellow / red covers to max him and now I've got two black rotting away in the queue. And I checked; that black cover is the only cover in the classic pool I can't use. And now I've drawn it twice in a week. Tinykitty RNG!
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got into a great alliance, pulling great rewards,  doing my part by over maxing progression in every PVE event since entry. But now an Alliance event shows up and because I dont have many of the required characters I will probably be ranked 20th and I might just get dumped because of one single event.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Substitute "Dumbest" for "Worst" here...

In the Come and Get Me Node for Spider Man, I noticed 2 Kishus, so I immediately went to my team of Dr Strange and 4-star Luke Cage, figuring his automatic protect tiles would protect me from their Caltrops. I started up the match, and noticed the third enemy was Loki. No problem, I think. I can kill him off with Dr Strange damage before he gets his blacks for Trickery. It's not until Trickery gets cast on turn 5 do I remember that the Kishus also generate black AP. Suddenly, those four 340+ protect tiles are now 340+ Attack tiles for their team. I try a match to see how well I can do, and hit two caltrops, doing 5K damage to my own team.

RUN AWAY!  RUN AWAY!!
  • optimus2861
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I lost the Burrito node this morning. Lost it outright, as in, all three of my characters dead and needing hours to revive & return to full health. The AI got one of those infernal game-changing cascades, so I ate at least two X-Forces, four or five Chemical Reactions, a Whales!, a couple of Little off the Tops, and a Surgical Strike. In return I was only able to deal a single X-Force, an Inferno (after my Wolvie was down), and I got one Recovery to resolve but that just delayed the inevitable.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT said:
    SnowcaTT said:
    It's my Drax Daily Drop day! I've stayed ahead of all the daily drops for quite some time, making sure that character is champed before I get to them (except, of course, the Duck).

Except now it's an unexpected, new world - where it makes no sense to concern yourself about anything except the newest 4*'s. So I'll be selling that Drax....and bumping this post three times for each of the War Machine's coming up.

That is, unless this inane vaulting policy is fixed by then, allowing players some choice on who and when to pull.
    It's my first War Machine Daily Drop day! Vaulting hasn't changed the worst thing about these, and I expect to bump this twice more on the next two Daily Drop days!

(Unless somehow we get a huge iso influx or a way that extra covers aren't worthless. HAH!)
    Second War Machine Daily Drop day! (ditto all the above, AGAIN).
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Double post, since I missed yesterday. 5000 ISO missed simply because RNG didn't bless me with a 5* SL on three draws.

GAME NEEDS TO GUARANTEE POSSIBILITY OF EARNING REWARD IF REWARD IS ESSENTIAL.

I wasn't on here flaming yesterday because -EVERY- day is 5000 ISO missed for RNG for me....I RNG'd into playing on PC/Steam when I started, and now intercepts lock me out of that much iso daily. :(
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Selling a bonus hero hawkguy and realizing that I have not received a single BH (that wasn't from a standard token) for two weeks. 4 star BHS are rare enough, but the drop in 3 star BHS really hurts. Not sure if it is just really really bad luck or a quite nerf to the whole system.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    smkspy said:
    Selling a bonus hero hawkguy and realizing that I have not received a single BH (that wasn't from a standard token) for two weeks. 4 star BHS are rare enough, but the drop in 3 star BHS really hurts. Not sure if it is just really really bad luck or a quite nerf to the whole system.
     I'm not one who tracks the rate at which I receive BH or anything like that, but it definitely feels like the 3* rate has dropped lately. And that tier was pretty much the only one I was satisfied with in terms of BH rewards.

Elite tokens especially feel particularly nerfed. I did manage to pull one from an ET this morning, but it was probably the first in a week or two. I would safely guess I used to receive several a week, just from ETs.

As for my worst moment, I feel asleep last night forgetting to do DDQ. Missed out on ISO, tokens, potential Intercepts, a Daredevil champ reward, CP and XP.
  • derrickn
    derrickn Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Just pulled my 7th in a row 4* cover for my char's full color suit.    2xNickFury 5/1/2, 2xSpiderWoman 1/5/1,  3xWasp 2/5/3
    sigh...
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Got 3 CP from my placement in Deadpool VS MPQ putting me at 20 CP. Figured let's try my luck and see if I can pull a red/black 4* Luke Cage since I have a dup yellow in queue. Opened a classic token saw Luke Cage and got super excited... till I realized... yellow again and yes, that's a dup Wasp cover that's going to rot away also. I honestly don't understand why dup covers are still allowed to plague players when this game is going on 4(?) years old now and there could have been a feature added to trade dups once every x days/weeks/month or coding to check if player has 5 covers in x color give cover in y color instead.

• optimus2861
    Options
    Style55 said:
    Got 3 CP from my placement in Deadpool VS MPQ putting me at 20 CP. Figured let's try my luck and see if I can pull a red/black 4* Luke Cage since I have a dup yellow in queue. Opened a classic token saw Luke Cage and got super excited... till I realized... yellow again and yes, that's a dup Wasp cover that's going to rot away also. I honestly don't understand why dup covers are still allowed to plague players when this game is going on 4(?) years old now and there could have been a feature added to trade dups once every x days/weeks/month or coding to check if player has 5 covers in x color give cover in y color instead.
    Same reason they took out the 'guaranteed cover' trick in 10-packs eons ago. RNG drives player spending. If you don't get the cover you want, you're frustrated, but you also have a reason to try again. And that try comes at a cost, of course. Cost of time, cost of in-game resources, cost of money, choose one or more. It's all psychological tricks.

Said by someone with two Cage blacks rotting away and no way to trade you for your yellows...
  • DarthDeVo
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Style55 said:
    Same reason they took out the 'guaranteed cover' trick in 10-packs eons ago. RNG drives player spending. If you don't get the cover you want, you're frustrated, but you also have a reason to try again. And that try comes at a cost, of course. Cost of time, cost of in-game resources, cost of money, choose one or more. It's all psychological tricks.

Said by someone with two Cage blacks rotting away and no way to trade you for your yellows...
    My 5/3/4 C4ge is actually something like 8/3/4, maybe even 9/3/4. I've lost track. And guess who has a yellow sitting in my queue right now? That's why I'm using CP to buy that last cover. Just working on getting ISO to level him right now. 
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Style55 said:

My 5/3/4 C4ge is actually something like 8/3/4, maybe even 9/3/4. I've lost track. And guess who had a yellow sitting in my queue right now? That's why I'm using CP to buy that last cover. Just working on getting ISO to level him right now. 
    My condolences to both of you. It sucks. Hope both of you get lucky and pull the covers you need soon. Best wishes. 
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Juggs + 2 Goons = OUCHMYFACE! = Health Pack Draining Node

I don't want to have to use my Strang3 on every goon node. Wasn't that the point of having diverse roster with a rotating cast of featured/powered up characters?
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Easy. I was in slice 4 for DP vs. MPQ. Working on my final clear and open Nova's node... totally forgetting the new season had started, which meant I had to play the rebuffed Carnage, instead of the nerfed version from my initial grind. 
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Managed to get 25 command points via saving up for several days. Use it for a "latest heroes" draw, and pulled a 4star venom black - which I already have maxed. :(

So, THEN, I use a token from the r&g events and pull.....yeah, 4star venom black. :o  I mean, come on, how unlucky do I have to be??!?  :'(
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kaazz said:
    Managed to get 25 command points via saving up for several days. Use it for a "latest heroes" draw, and pulled a 4star venom black - which I already have maxed. :(

So, THEN, I use a token from the r&g events and pull.....yeah, 4star venom black. :o  I mean, come on, how unlucky do I have to be??!?  :'(

There are a grand total of two covers from the Latest Legends that I can't use: Riri (2/3/5) Green, and Carol (5/3/3) Black. Go on and guess which two I pulled today with 2 tokens. I feel your pain...