Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Going on thirty something classic/latest legendary pulls without a single 4* bonus hero. 
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Style55 said:
    Going on thirty something classic/latest legendary pulls without a single 4* bonus hero. 
    Don't worry,  you'll get between 1 and 3 BH during your next 30+ pulls.
  • Style55
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Just pulled my 4th purple Coulson cover. Just sold a second purple Coulson cover. Yay. :'(
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For the life of me, I could not get a board with any decent amount of red on it during my final grind for the second sub of Strange Sights, which meant my champed Bl4de was less than helpful. I easily lost out on about 500 points or so. And, more often than not, the Mindless Ones put their special tiles in a place where they couldn't even remotely have been matched away. Super annoying. 

Coupled with the roughly 120 points I didn't get for not optimally clearing the first sub, I'm probably about 700 points behind where I could be, which would put me in 5th place in SCL 8 rather then the 11th place I'm in now.

Also, we somehow had alliance members in each event sub for the first day, so I got my extra 12K ISO from alliance rewards. But apparently nobody picked Wand of Watoomb for the second event, so only got an extra 8K ISO. First time I've ever had that happen playing this event.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    came 11th for Strange Sights CL8, a mere 60 points behind 10th...oof that hurts
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:

Also, we somehow had alliance members in each event sub for the first day, so I got my extra 12K ISO from alliance rewards. But apparently nobody picked Wand of Watoomb for the second event, so only got an extra 8K ISO. First time I've ever had that happen playing this event.
    Something similar happened to me, too. I can't remember which, but we were missing one of them.

What really brought me to this thread, tho, was Predator and Prey. Just one of those times with so many ridiculous cascades for the AI, and with Black Panther boosted, those get brutal really fast. Got hit with both Rage of the Panther and Reality Crush two turns in a row in one match, downing one team member, and leaving the other two stunned. I can normally make 400 easily, and usually 575 if I push, but I just gave up on this one after three wipes in a row dropped me back below 300.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    bob554 said:
    came 11th for Strange Sights CL8, a mere 60 points behind 10th...oof that hurts
    Same, except the spread was about 90 points. However, thanks to red deficient boards for Bl4de during my final grind in the second day (and some RL conflicts) I easily left at least 500 points on the board. Had I fully cleared every sub optimally and not just the final day, I probably would have come in about 5th instead of 11th.

That's my frustration with playing in SCL 8. If you have even one day that's less than perfect, you can pretty much count on not getting T10.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I went 2/7 yesterday for pulling 5*s from latest. Today I went 2/2 for pulling 5*s from latest.

They were ALL SUCK LORD! Who is now up to 11 covers while I try to get that one last cover for my 12 cover Hawkeye.

Please RNGesus shine some happy light down upon me.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My worst moment has been when I realized that, despite over 75pages of compliances about the new scaling tied with scl test, developpers asked for a questionary feedback......seriously they don't listen and they won't  do it :(
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My worst moment was having the thought "I should stop wasting so much time on this forum, it's really not accomplishing anything and half the time just leads to aggravation." followed immediately by "I should post a thread about that."  
    *facepalm*
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Retreated so that I could snipe someone from T5 in an alliance-mate's bracket and had my game crash.  Instead of losing points, they gained points.  Although I did get back in for a double that landed, so the net was negative, but not as helpful to my friend.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Literally only two covers I can't use when pulling LTs. Iron Fist blue and Gamora black...guess what covers are stalking me.

All on a really bad bonus hero drought. Haven't pulled a 3, much less a 4, nearly two weeks now.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Opening my end-of-season heroic tokens - 6 of them - and getting nothing but 2* from them. RNG, you fickle mistress you.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ended the season 100 or 200 points away from reaching 2000 in Shield Sim and from 4000 in season progression.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Season 10pack from placement (t50) and all vitage tokens from Combined Arms were 2*.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I play slice 2 in PvE, 5pm UK time. It doesn't fit my schedule, but it comes closer than any of the others. It particularly doesn't fit on Tuesdays, as I work from 2 until 6, so I have to do my grind really early and my next clears late.

Today I got home, did all the various farm (actual animals, not 2*s) stuff I had to do, wrangled cats, sat down to eat dinner, and the power went off. No MPQ for me. Power came back on, internet went off. Still no MPQ for me. No mobile coverage at my house.

Finally finished my clears some time after 10pm. Now lying 43rd, having been 17th this time yesterday. Bah.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    No matter how much I tried, I could not crack the 900 mark on Combined Arms. Closest I got was 871 and while I was playing a match that was worth 30 or 31 points, I lost like 85 points or some such nonsense.

In hindsight, I probably should have shielded at that 871 mark and let retals bounce off me for a bit before trying one last match for 30 points. But it was super late and I was just trying to get to 900 so I could shield out and go to bed.

It's not even so much that I really needed a Flaptain blue cover. He's not covered all that well to begin with, so it wouldn't have made him more useable, but vaulted four star covers aren't easy to come by and I thought I had a decent shot of getting there. Oh well.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Man, how I detest The Rider Awakens node sometimes. I breezed through it fairly quickly the first time with Bl4de, IM40 and Strang3. It was almost like the game said, "Oh, thought it was easy, did you?" Second time around, my board was virtually yellow and red free, so no Recharge (and subsequent Bloodlust) or The Hunger strike tiles.

The AI got so many unholy cascades in the first round, I should have called in an old priest and a young priest for an exorcism. I staggered into the second wave, and Mags promptly took out Bl4de with Magnetized Projectiles. He managed to fire it off two more times to take down IM40. That's when I decided the writing was on the wall and retreated. That very well could ruin my chances for a T5 finish.

I swear, it seems like I wipe on that cursed node at least once each time this event runs.
  • Style55
    Options
    1st try clearing Mr Fantastic node. Game starts and promptly crashes. VIP description really ought to included 3x faster recovery for when the game crashes almost at least once a day. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Going for 575 in Nefarious Foes. Find a team worth 60 points, each character around 100 levels lower than mine, since they're all unboosted. Deadpool, Professor X, someone else. Turn 2, they cascade into 3 Match-5s, red and purple. Things just keep going downhill from there.

What makes it even worse is that I would have been the one to grab a Match-5 if the first one hadn't randomly dropped in when the new row came down after their Match-4 that set off the whole thing.