Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Taking upwards of 4K damage on a single enemy move from the Carnage/2x Mutation node in Venom Bomb thanks to Guard Dog x4 with strike tiles out. Multiple times in the same match. All I can say is that it's a good thing that Red Hulk has a LOT of health when he's boosted and champed, because there was a whole lot of Seeing Red going on there.
    One question: Who was Seeing Red, you or Red Hulk?
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    Taking upwards of 4K damage on a single enemy move from the Carnage/2x Mutation node in Venom Bomb thanks to Guard Dog x4 with strike tiles out. Multiple times in the same match. All I can say is that it's a good thing that Red Hulk has a LOT of health when he's boosted and champed, because there was a whole lot of Seeing Red going on there.
    After the third time, I think it was both of us...

Edit - Going through the 5th time, my Red Hulk took 25K damage.  Scarlet Witch and the required 3-star Hawkeye each took about 8K.  I would guess that at least 75% of that damage was Guard Dog related.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    After the third time, I think it was both of us...

Edit - Going through the 5th time, my Red Hulk took 25K damage.  Scarlet Witch and the required 3-star Hawkeye each took about 8K.  I would guess that at least 75% of that damage was Guard Dog related.
    I'm with you, that node absolutely sucks!! Wiped on it too many times in my final clear
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm about fed up with 3* bonus heroes. Feels like it's been about a week since I pulled the last one. I've been trying to get Gamora to 223 for the yellow Star-Lord cover for the past few months. She's at 219 and I just want to be done with her, but RNGesus refuses to cooperate. 
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    I'm about fed up with 3* bonus heroes. Feels like it's been about a week since I pulled the last one. I've been trying to get Gamora to 223 for the yellow Star-Lord cover for the past few months. She's at 219 and I just want to be done with her, but RNGesus refuses to cooperate. 
    I'm in almost the exact same spot. My Gamora's at 222, and I have two purple Star-Lord covers expiring in 3 & 7 days. Been buying daily tokens for the past week and bupkis so far. Wishing the best to both of us.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not finishing the last sub of Venom Bomb, preventing me from getting the last couple progression rewards and leaving me just outside top 100.
    I know there will be more chances than I would like to get the new character later, but I wanted at least one cover now to not miss its node in the 7-day event.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:

Yeah, it's probably a coincidence, but my BH rate really dropped after R129 came out.  I've only had two from standard tokens and one from an elite since that time.  The standard tokens are about in line with the probability, but the elite/heroic/non-vault-event/legendary tokens are not.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I had 3 Latest, decided to test my luck some more. 5* Ock. 5* Hawkeye. Bonus 5* Strange. Grr. I don't use the 5* and don't even really intend to try to transition into that tier.

Pull the final one. 4*. Blade. Please not green please not .. Green :(  He's 3/5/3. I do have a red coming from 3* Blade's champ rewards pretty soon, but. Argh.
  • DarthDeVo
    edited July 2017
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    DarthDeVo said:

Yeah, it's probably a coincidence, but my BH rate really dropped after R129 came out.  I've only had two from standard tokens and one from an elite since that time.  The standard tokens are about in line with the probability, but the elite/heroic/non-vault-event/legendary tokens are not.
    I think I've seen others mention the possibility of a stealth nerf to the drop rate for 3*s, especially from Elite tokens. I don't know if that's true or not, but I sure wouldn't be surprised if it were. 

Although, I had just about the opposite experience on the 4* tier recently. Until a few weeks ago, I'd pulled a total of seven 4* BH since the system was introduced. Then I pulled about 30 tokens chasing 5pidey and got 5. I had one or two more 4* pulls from other sources a few days later, which included another BH. So probably about 6 4* BH in 35 pulls, or 17 percent, not to mention going from 7 4* BH over the course of about 4 months to another 6 within the span of a week. 

Maybe all my 3*s were front-loaded, and now it's drought time to average things out. 

EDIT: Pulled probably half a dozen 3* covers yesterday from various tokens. No BH. This is ridiculous. Apparently the only way I'll get one now is if I happen to pull a 3* from a Standard token. I've force quit the game several times to see if that would somehow refresh something to make things work again. No luck. I wonder if I need to clear the cache. It's really starting to bother me.

Also realizing that Star-Lord's Crash is coming up soon. One yellow cover for my 2/0/4 Star-Lord probably won't make a difference, but it surely won't hurt, either. At the rate I'm pulling 3* BH though, I probably won't get four covers in two weeks, which is just maddening. 
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Having my second or third board of doom and having to have my characters take a HP hit for it. So. Much. Fun. 

It would be dandy if that ever got fixed...
  • DarthDeVo
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Style55 said:
    Having my second or third board of doom and having to have my characters take a HP hit for it. So. Much. Fun. 

It feels like it's happening more since the latest update. And not even the drop of doom. I was in the main story page and clicked on the main event page of The Hulk to check the overall leaderboard, causing a crash. 

WMOTD for me is I cannot seem to get my timing right for optimal clears lately. Seems like with each sub there's one or two nodes I don't get 7 clears on, and I don't know why I can't seem to get my act together when it comes to getting all my clears. 

On a side note, I did clear my cache and went 2 for 2 with 3* BH pulls tonight. I don't know if that helped or was purely coincidence, but it might not hurt to try if you're desperate. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cashed in my Legendary Token from C4rol's first Champ level. Bl4de. Yes! Wait, no, it's black, taking him to 2/0/5 :(
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The game pulling a heroic token 10 pack and stealing 2800 of my HP.

Not a bad ten pack though:
    Bl4de w/ BH Carnage
    IM40 / BH Sentry
    Luke Cage w/ BH Sentry
    rest two stars I believe.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Boss event, Deadpool event, hulk event,  boss event repeat. Not a bad day,  a bad month
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My first unusable 5* pull.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just realized that i wont hit max progression in The Hulk event. Im currently at 122000 points and there is no way to scrape together another 9k :(
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Boss event, Deadpool event, hulk event,  boss event repeat. Not a bad day,  a bad month
    Month ain't over yet. They could well run DP v MPQ again after Sinister Six.
  • Loftus
    Loftus Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    Style55 said:

That's been going on for so long now i honestly thought it just me. I then tried MPQ on steam and it seemed to happen even more frequently! It really does suck when it happens in PVP, in PVE the health hit and frustration isn't quite so bad, but having a few minutes of an event left, winning some epic matches and then getting a crash and losing out on the placement you were after is all kinds of frustrating :/
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got an absolutely awful board against Doc Ock in Sinister 6. Even with a Hair Meddle (I only managed to scrape up enough purple for one), a Deadly Precision teamup, and 3 board shuffles because there were no matches available, I still wasn't able to get rid of his arms fast enough and the reactor went off.

All I needed was to be able to hit him. By the end of that, I had something like 20K worth of Strike Tiles out, but nope.
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I keep pulling sandman purples from 20 cp. I'm at 5 now. I think it's time to start hoarding.

TPF Alexis, I've found GSBW is super useful against dock ock. All you really have to do is set up a match 4 or 5 in a line that breaks his reactor, or pop it with a sniper rifle.