R192: Champion Rewards Updates

Comments

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    I guess it's better to be called a spoiled brat than a junkie which is what I feel like some days

how much for just one kitty cover......? 50 Dollars?!?! good lord that's a lot of money!!! 

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Vhailorx said:
    Omegased said:
    You are all whinging so much.
    I think something you're all forgetting is that we use the in game currencies for getting characters.

We're now getting specific characters, and colorless covers, and mighty tokens. Honestly, it's a fair trade

You do realize that we aren't just players but customers too? I'm  guessing you feel like it's whining when fast food restaurants short ayou an item or get your order wrong.

And love the defense of MTs, as if they are 85% 4 star chances and 15% 3 star chances.
    I think an even better analogy is this:. Imagine McDonalds just re-released the mcrib, but we also discovered that McDonalds added pink slime back into their food products at the same time.  Assuming we do (inexplicably) like mcribs, can we also complain about the use of pink slime?

(Disclaimer: this post assumes there is no pink slime in McDonalds food.  I cannot actually assert this fact as true.)
    Hmmmmm McRib... stop eating my cousins ;)
    https://mcriblocator.com/

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    McRib, being a "restructured meat product," is a pretty apt analogy for these restructured champion rewards lol
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Ah.. analogies.. when a discussion starts to include analogies, then the discussion becomes about the analogies..
    At least we haven't got to similies or metaphors yet. Although the Devs examples of what will happen are as clear as mud. I wish they were like a blanket of snow.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP's Anology theorum is a much lower stakes variation on Godwin's Law it seems lol
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:

Of all the observations made, this is not one of the ones I would flag up as "misunderstood". For example, I haven't seen anybody say "Now that my CP supply is being cut I will struggle to to obtain costumes for my characters, this makes me sad. Also, I think you used to be able to get sandwiches with HP, right? Another thing taken from us."
    Everyone is complaing they don't have CP to buy Tokens, forgetting that instead of CP we're either getting Colourless covers for 1 or 2 characters, as WELL as mighty tokens for more 4s.

everyone is complaining about what we're "losing", ignoring that we are actually getting something different and more targeted. HP Loss to me is the strangest complaint for someone in the end game. 

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Omegased said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Of all the observations made, this is not one of the ones I would flag up as "misunderstood". For example, I haven't seen anybody say "Now that my CP supply is being cut I will struggle to to obtain costumes for my characters, this makes me sad. Also, I think you used to be able to get sandwiches with HP, right? Another thing taken from us."
    Everyone is complaing they don't have CP to buy Tokens, forgetting that instead of CP we're either getting Colourless covers for 1 or 2 characters, as WELL as mighty tokens for more 4s.

everyone is complaining about what we're "losing", ignoring that we are actually getting something different and more targeted. HP Loss to me is the strangest complaint for someone in the end game. 

But I'm not in the "Endgame". Mighty Tokens are basically just fancy elites, gonna be 3 starring way more than a tasty 4 bacon. I don't want shards for characters I am not chasing instead of other rewards I can use for numerous purpose, like Hp. Otherwise, sandwich good sir?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Omegased said:
    DAZ0273 said:

If Demi takes away 50cp from me, but gives me 3x 5* wasp covers, allowing me to champ her, should I be happy?  3*x 5*s is more than I could ever get from 2 LT pulls these days.

Sure, now I have 3/13 more *CALL THE SWARM* but I don't think my overall mpq experience is much better.

I can spend cp on any cover store I want, allowing me to target a set of 3x 5*s of my choosing.  fixed 5* rewards vary wildly in value from character to character. So for players witu the goal of trying to cover and champ specific characters of their choosing (be that because they are good characters of fan favorites or whatever), it's not at all clear that the new system is better. 

Is this example an absurd reduction of the principle?  It sure is.  Does that mean that I am wrong and what we are getting is clearly better than what is being taken away?  I don't think so. . .

• shap328
    shap328 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    So is this live yet? I have a bunch of maxed 2s that I’m waiting to sell
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    People, people, people...

Can we get back on topic please?

I believe we were talking about Bishop being nerfed 😜👍
    He did just overclock some of our rewards. I'm not on the nerf wagon but if he continues to overclock rewards and stun us I may change my mind.
  • Falconfreak
    Falconfreak Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    shap328 said:
    I asked the same question, got no response so I'm assuming no.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

Omegased said:
    <Snip> which - if we're truly honest - will benefit more people than it would harm. <Snip>

If you can say this without making a substantive argument then those who disagree with you can say "this change is bad for a majority of players' too.

And to paraphrase:

This type of [blind support for every move demi makes] is exhausting. Good luck with it all, and i [sometimes wish I could enjoy being abused by a game I otherwise enjoy as much as you.]

See what I did there?

• Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX said:
    shap328 said:
    I asked the same question, got no response so I'm assuming no.
    No, it's planned to be live this week, possibly as early as tomorrow (Tuesday).
    Any details on the retroactive rewards yet?
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    People, people, people...

Can we get back on topic please?

I believe we were talking about Bishop being nerfed 😜👍
    I thought we were collectively over bishop now, and had moved on to how broken mr worthy is supposed to be (despite his shield being quite intact), even though in my experience, he CANNOT do ‘this’ all day
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    This is rad. The cuts don't seem too huge, and the changes (including Emma > Kitty) will let me champ three 5s I have sitting at 5/5/2, without having to level their feeder up to 320. 

Bonus shards for secondary characters, at the cost of a few ISO, is also great.