R192: Champion Rewards Updates

1679111227

Comments

  • FalconfreakFalconfreak Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Has this went live yet? I'm sitting on some 2* I could farm.
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 4,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has this went live yet? I'm sitting on some 2* I could farm.
    Same, lol. I could flip this 2* Widow and champ Jessica Jones, but I want some of those shards and a mighty token first...
  • Godzillafan67Godzillafan67 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    [snip]
    If the players choose to behave like children throwing temper tantrum because they didn't get enough candies, then it's on them to learn to grow up and behave like an adult.
    [snip]
    They gave me more ice-cream but simultaneously took my candies. How can they take candy from a baby and not expect a shrill response? And by "shrill" I mean "logically reasoned and fairly dispassionate".

  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 4,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Looking more closely at the 3* reward changes - why are Mighty tokens being added on top of a former HP drop at 207 rather than replacing the heroic token at 211 unless it's to reduce the hp earn rate?

    I only have 1 4* high enough to be significantly affected by the CP loss there so far, But I estimate that had these changes to the 3* tier been live all along, the cp loss would have cost me about 30 Latest Legends pulls over the life of my play from reduced CP. That actually isn't like a huge number in the grand scheme of things, but it does feel kind of arbitrary.
  • OmegasedOmegased Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    You are all whinging so much.
    I think something you're all forgetting is that we use the in game currencies for getting characters.

    We're now getting specific characters, and colorless covers, and mighty tokens. Honestly, it's a fair trade
  • randomhero1090randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    DarthDeVo said:

    Maybe we all should adopt Hound's modus operandi. Not spend any money on the game at all, but preach about how it's a company and not a charity and any and all monetization is justified and appropriate. Game would shut down in six months, but we'd all get to feel better about ourselves, or something. 
    Ok, now that's funny :smiley:

  • brollbroll Posts: 4,731 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    I don't think it's about 'wanting stuff for free'.  That's kind of a silly argument in my opinion.  It is, what it should be, is about maintaining the economy they way they want it to be.  My thought is there are two possible factors here:

    1.  The implementation of shards is a multi-staged implementation that isn't finished and while they are taking some resources out here, but adding them in somewhere else.  So now it looks like a subtraction but it will balance out or improve once all is said and done.  It's hard to judge until the full system is out because we have no idea what's coming (which also makes it hard to know when to start judging lol).

    2.  They do high level analysis of the entire community and it was deemed that that adding shards vs taking away small amounts of other resources would be a massive improvement for the community at large.  However, for certain players, especially those with largely filled out rosters, that's not the case.  Those players would be a massive minority across the entire community of all players.  Adding these rewards in for newer players it's going to add for them ISO and HP at least that could lead to them advancing quicker than they should according to the devs design.  Also taking away some CP for those newer players would be a good thing, one of the problems IMO with this game is an unwitting player getting them selves into a bad position by getting 5*s too soon.  Mighty tokens allow them to start working on 4*s without spending CP and taking some away cuts down on the likelihood of them getting into that scenario.  This is just one example of how they may be trying to balance the economy.  There are a lot of factors when you look at trying to make a positive change for everyone despite vast numbers of people and different playstyles and rosters.
  • brollbroll Posts: 4,731 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Omegased said:
    You are all whinging so much.
    I think something you're all forgetting is that we use the in game currencies for getting characters.

    We're now getting specific characters, and colorless covers, and mighty tokens. Honestly, it's a fair trade

    You do realize that we aren't just players but customers too? I'm  guessing you feel like it's whining when fast food restaurants short ayou an item or get your order wrong.

    And love the defense of MTs, as if they 85% 4 chances and 15% 3 star chances.
    Apples to oranges comparison.  You're complaining about your custom order being wrong.  The apples to apples comparison would be complaining that they added or removed an ingredient from your favorite menu item in all restaurants nation wide.  Also still not whining, but it's also something you're not likely to change in a hurry and without massive support.  This change is too good for to ever get massive support enough to change it.  It is what it is.
  • JHawkIncJHawkInc Posts: 2,291 Chairperson of the Boards
    Omegased said:
    You are all whinging so much.
    I think something you're all forgetting is that we use the in game currencies for getting characters.

    We're now getting specific characters, and colorless covers, and mighty tokens. Honestly, it's a fair trade
    Seriously. There was some discussion at some point. But things have gone so far off the rails, both sides sound more than a little crazy at this point.

    The fact is they are trying to give us several things we want, and are trying to balance that within the game economy in a way that will have the least negative impact. And I think that's a good thing. I think the trade-off is worth it, and I hope others feel the same way in the long run, even if they don't right now. Maybe the problems of this particular update can be addressed in future updates down the line.

    But a lot of the shouting in this thread has gone beyond the realm of useful discussion. It's starting to slip into insults and name-calling that have little to do with the update to begin with.
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 4,644 Chairperson of the Boards
    Omegased said:

    I think something you're all forgetting is that we use the in game currencies for getting characters.

     
    Of all the observations made, this is not one of the ones I would flag up as "misunderstood". For example, I haven't seen anybody say "Now that my CP supply is being cut I will struggle to to obtain costumes for my characters, this makes me sad. Also, I think you used to be able to get sandwiches with HP, right? Another thing taken from us."
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 4,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean it's possible that Gwen Prix will become a regular fixture and Support Circuit will come back, and inject some stimulus into the economy that has been taken away by these changes. Of course those would come with an increased expectation of grind-to-earn as well, rather than earn-by-existing in the case of older rewards that got load leveled down.

    I was kind of expecting a general shifting to the left on all tokens given out when the Mighty Token was announced: all standards become Elites, all Heroics become Might Tokens at higher SCLs. That could still happen too I suppose.
Sign In or Register to comment.