R192: Champion Rewards Updates

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,549 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not hardcore in any way whatsoever. Unless you count my collection of broken bricks, stone and concrete chunks that I have at the back of my garden.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's precisely why it's difficult to quantify the actual losses. It depends on where you are in the game. Generally speaking, it seems that it will affect the top percentile more, rather than the bottom.  Your average players won't know what is 2* or 3* farming. They are very likely going to sell the extra covers of their max champed characters. 

Actually, I'm concerned that they pushed out all but 2 feeders for 5*. Remember that they said they felt that the feeder release rate was too fast? Look what happened with this update.  That's 35 feeders over 25 months.  :o

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    pheregas said:
    Hey everyone.  To put it simply, I am over the moon regarding these feeder updates.  Not only are we getting most of the 5* tier filled, we are also getting increased 4* progression covers/shards.

Does it matter to me that HP/CP rewards are being shifted around.  Not one bit.  I have asked for years for what we are getting and I, for one, am just going to kick back and enjoy my rewards and look forward to playing around with all my newly champed 5s.

I realize not everyone may be in this situation, but I think we can all just be happy that we got the feeders we've all been asking about for years.

Thank you devs.  Thank you so very much.

-Pheregas
    Points for honesty, I guess.  But this seems myopic.  You admit that not everyone is in your situation, but then call on everyone to be equally pleased by this development. 

Personally, I don't think I play enough anymore that this change will have a large impact on me.  But the overall trend of recent changes is to tighten the screws on resources that players can hoard and deploy in multiple ways, and replace them with resources that are fixed on a particular path (i.e., iso, HP, and cp are all going to be harder to get, but we will all have lots of shards spread out amongst the 200+ characters on the game).  That seems like a very bad change (for players) to me.  Even if it will let me champ some mostly-useless old 5*s in the short term.
  • Vhailorx
    edited December 2019

Actually, I'm concerned that they pushed out all but 2 feeders for 5*. Remember that they said they felt that the feeder release rate was too fast? Look what happened with this update.  That's 35 feeders over 25 months.  :o

But that was from demi/d3's perspective?  Put bluntly, why should we, as players, care if 5* feeders are pushed out "too fast."?
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    To all of you that are saying that the losses are small. This is not true. The losses are BIG. Especially because most of you are concentrating your reasoning in the 2* and 3*. The big loss is obviously in 4* land. I think it is made on purpose because most of the game revenue comes from cp. Reduce this in the "free" economy and players will spend more.

Its always hard to see resources diminish but we need to see the devs perspective. They control the game and they make the decisions. It's their choice and a player can only choose to cope with it or get another hobby. 

As feeders is concerned, this is not a compensation. This is well overdue in the game. It's about time

PS: good communication effort by the devs. I enjoy ice's way of communicating :smiley:
    I honestly haven't even focused on the 4* changes yet as I have only been looking so far at the farm impact which for me is just 2* and 3*.  I believe you though that there is probably a major hit in 4* champ rewards too.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    The loss in HP is signifant for those who can flip entire 3* farm once or twice a year. For most players, it's going to take them two to three years or even longer. 

Some are focusing on the losses but they somehow ignored or forgot about the Mighty Tokens gained. Given that 4* champ rewards give a higher value of resources, the amount of "losses" could be reduced by the faster leveling of 4*. An extra two levels per characters could be better or neutral, depending on where your four-stars are. Mighty Tokens also allow you to flip your 3* farm a little faster. 

The total HP loss is 16,450 before taking into account the pull from Mighty Tokens gained. After factoring in MT, I believe it will be much lower than this. However, factoring MTs into 3* farming is beyond my scope because I'm not going to get upset about this loss that will take ms about 1.5 to 2 years to be realised. I leave it to those who flip 3* farm at least once a year.

I'd rather have the hp. I pretty much never buy packs so for me hp goes towards roster slots, 5* shards, pvp shields and maybe a costume bundle.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's fair to say that the "bulk" of my cp comes from the progress tree in PVP/PVE, but I also think that there is enough CP coming from champ levels that it matters. I do know that 3*->4* transitioners in my alliance were reliant on the HP that comes from champ rewards to add roster slots though. They were in the habit of walking their BH around to whoever was closest at the 3* tier. And the drop from BH to Shards has already adversely affected their ability to change direction fast enough to do that. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    Out of curiosity - did we pin down when this was going live? I assumed it would be with the Winter Stuff, but so far not so much on iOS.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    The loss of ISO, HP, and CP is a bummer, but the change is worth it.

That being said it seems likely the SCL rewards are getting ready to revamped.  The difference from this change has the potential to be made up there.  Let's hope it is.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sure, no one is obliged to care about whatever happened to the devs. But, it's called putting yourself in the shoes of other people or looking at things from different points of views. If the players choose to behave like children throwing temper tantrum because they didn't get enough candies, then it's on them to learn to grow up and behave like an adult. If you see the relationship between you and the devs simply as how much free resources they are giving you without requiring extra effort or money vs how much they are taking away, then you will forever be unhappy with any tradeoffs.

The reason why so many think that it's not going to be gamebreaking adding whatever resources along existing features is because you are not the owner or director in charge of MPQ. If you are in charge of making sure that KPIs are met, you won't be saying stuff like these.

I haven't seen the claim by IceIX. But, players will only believe what they want to see. It doesn't matter whether the devs release the data or not because one thing is for sure, players who are against the tradeoffs will argue against the data and will try all means to invalidate them. We already had a few a sagas where players want to win, such as the definition of "logical feeders", "neutral", "expert players" and "couple" etc.
  • Vhailorx
    broll said:
    The loss of ISO, HP, and CP is a bummer, but the change is worth it.

That being said it seems likely the SCL rewards are getting ready to revamped.  The difference from this change has the potential to be made up there.  Let's hope it is.

"Worth it"?  Why are you accepting the framing that the one is only possible in combination with the other?  The two changes are only linked because demi linked them.