*** Captain America (Super Soldier) ***

Comments

• Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Clint wrote:
    Oh god how sick will he be with Hood and punisher? If the rest of his abilities are like this new blue, he has some real potential.

Think about this, in the 3* meta game you pretty much ignore the Spider-Man protect tiles, or strike tiles in favor of crushing the enemy since no one really outside of C Mags has an ability you use for that, I know there are others, they just aren't that attractive to use. Now imagine you shield smack them while building your own, all the while stealing AP and cutting Down shield count down timers with Hood.... Hmmm

I think my defensive wins will make people want to punch holes in their walls.

Edit again.... How much would Hood, OBW and 3* cap suck to fight! once the shield chain starts... OMG

You sound like you need a new pair of Cap undies.

There was a time when I wore the underoos.... Damn just dated myself didn't I?
  • Clint wrote:
    Oh god how sick will he be with Hood and punisher? If the rest of his abilities are like this new blue, he has some real potential.

What if his red puts out an attack tile? I need to stop thinking about this. We're probably only 12 hours away from getting some of these answers anyway.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's all good, mate. I date myself every time I post icon_razz.gif
  • IceIX wrote:
    Well, the abilities may always be changed before we full on release him at PVE's end, but at the moment I'm looking at a max Peacemaker that stuns for 2 turns, creates a 3 turn Countdown tile that returns 10 blue AP, and *leaves behind a 291 Protect tile.*

Then hopefully the red ability leaves behind a strike tile too, at least a for 140. Or the good cap only specializes in shields so it would be also a protect. like the legendary cake that you eat but keep having as well.

No more cave-ins but with the AP return it's spammable and one can create a legion of strong protect tiles in all the impossible places. Some good.

Now if only the yellow can be optionally cast for half cost to get half effect I'm all in. Or have cost discount from number of shields already sitting on the field.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    Now if only the yellow can be optionally cast for half cost to get half effect I'm all in. Or have cost discount from number of shields already sitting on the field.

Brilliant, like Psylocke's red.

Disclaimer: I've been told I have no sense of balance (power-wise).
  • pasa_ wrote:

Lol. Who tells you this?!
  • pasa_ wrote:

The Goblin in the mirror... hmm, I think I've said too much.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    pasa_ wrote:

Pyslocke's Red is cheaper for each red Strike tile, so if Cap's Yellow followed the same pattern it may only take into account Yellow protect tiles - which would still make it costly. BUT that would make Cap utterly infuriating to play against once he got started. If you take out even 1 of the yellow protect tiles, he's just going to drop more for cheap to take it back up to max - you're essentially going to have to take out 5 protect tiles at once in order to put the pressure back on. On top of that he's got the potential to churn out a new blue protect tile every 3 turns for an effective 2 AP. If red leaves behind a protect tile as well? Say goodnight Gracey.
  • pasa_ wrote:

Lol. Is he green???

• Brilliant, like Psylocke's red.

Lol. Is he green???

Nah, you're thinking of the one I hear in my head icon_mrgreen.gif

• Nah, you're thinking of the one I hear in my head icon_mrgreen.gif

icon_lol.gif thank you for clarifying.
  • Mawtful wrote:
    pasa_ wrote:

Pyslocke's Red is cheaper for each red Strike tile, so if Cap's Yellow followed the same pattern it may only take into account Yellow protect tiles - which would still make it costly. BUT that would make Cap utterly infuriating to play against once he got started. If you take out even 1 of the yellow protect tiles, he's just going to drop more for cheap to take it back up to max - you're essentially going to have to take out 5 protect tiles at once in order to put the pressure back on. On top of that he's got the potential to churn out a new blue protect tile every 3 turns for an effective 2 AP. If red leaves behind a protect tile as well? Say goodnight Gracey.

Goodnight gracey. Burns/gracey 4 lyfe. I'd say that dates me but it would be a misnomer. I buy my mom old tv shows on DVD so she has stuff to watch that she knows she will like. I'm not 70 I am....8. No I lied. I'm not going to tell my age. No, I am SOENOTTELLING my age.
  • Anybody who thinks he's gonna be a "lazy" character should read what ICEIX wrote about his blue power, they are definitely doing the 3* upgrade justice.
  • As long as they are producing these gold characters they can consider my revenue lost
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    As long as Gold characters are kept rare and to the minimum I don't think it's too bad.
    As long as the ratio is kept quite low compared to other 3 star characters I guess I can deal with it, I guess icon_neutral.gif

I'm still not really sure how I feel about character rehash upgrades.
  • Another gold character? When you said goal is moving away from variants to new characters, this is going opposite way...even worse than variants. And this is not occasional, but second in row.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah if they release another gold character next we may have something that resembles Days of Futures Past.
  • The four start character HAS to be next right?
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Right, because they will do anything to keep from updating Xforce Wolverine icon_razz.gif
  • Been checking the game back and forth anxiously since morning, the event is still not starting.. Want my Steve Rogers..! :p