*** Captain America (Super Soldier) ***

Comments

• iPulzzz wrote:
    Been checking the game back and forth anxiously since morning, the event is still not starting.. Want my Steve Rogers..! :p

My guess is that it will start in about 8 more hours.
  • So is CA going to be a Gold character of a whole new one??
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Valek wrote:
    So is CA going to be a Gold character of a whole new one??

His color will be twilight sparkle.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    KaioShinDE wrote:
    Valek wrote:
    So is CA going to be a Gold character of a whole new one??

His color will be twilight sparkle.

Captain Brony?

I have a four year old daughter, that is the only reason I know about My Little Pony... I swear
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Secret's out now Clint.

The first step to getting better is admitting you have a problem.

There, there...
    There, there...

It'll be okay.
  • Twysta wrote:
    As long as Gold characters are kept rare and to the minimum I don't think it's too bad.
    As long as the ratio is kept quite low compared to other 3 star characters I guess I can deal with it, I guess icon_neutral.gif

I'm still not really sure how I feel about character rehash upgrades.

I think as long as it's kept to the Avengers that's used in the movies that's fine... so we'd have one more Hawkeye coming up and that's it.
  • Doragon wrote:
    Twysta wrote:
    As long as Gold characters are kept rare and to the minimum I don't think it's too bad.
    As long as the ratio is kept quite low compared to other 3 star characters I guess I can deal with it, I guess icon_neutral.gif

I think as long as it's kept to the Avengers that's used in the movies that's fine... so we'd have one more Hawkeye coming up and that's it.

Maybe the Gold Hawkeye will actually shoot arrows with his eyes open so you can select where the countdown tiles go? Y'know, like the world's greatest archer should be able to do. Just sayin'.
  • Doragon wrote:

NNOOooooooooooo.... not another one. Although it fits, for me he has about as much playtime in MPQ as screentime in Avengers.
  • So I guess there won't be any more new 2* characters? Pity, the last new 2* Ares was a good solid 2* that added to many of the teams I built.

Big and badder is not always more fun.
  • Twysta
    Ice has stated there are so 2* characters on the list.

And possibly even 2* "Silver" characters...
  • Clint wrote:

I have a four year old daughter, that is the only reason I know about My Little Pony... I swear

Yeah, that's what I keep repeating myself...
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    But you know for sure this will be a gold character? Because it has a different name, it seems to me more like Astonishing XWolvie, Patch, XForce Wolvie type of character

I know IceIX has stated that he is going to have a power called Pacemaker but I really hope is not a gold character...
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    We need more 1*
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    But you know for sure this will be a gold character? Because it has a different name, it seems to me more like Astonishing XWolvie, Patch, XForce Wolvie type of character

I know IceIX has stated that he is going to have a power called Pacemaker but I really hope is not a gold character...

If his power is Pacemaker then he is probably the House of M cap who never got stuck in the ice...

But in seriousness, IceIX has made it very clear in other threads that this is a 'lazy' gold captain.
  • ichijuan wrote:
    We need more 1*

We really don't. More 2*s I can get behind, but the 1*s are next to useless most of the time, and I'm not paying an extra 450 HP for a cover slot for another nearly useless 1* character I'll probably never use.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Had a vision of Cap with an ability almost the opposite of M. Hawkeye's 'avoid' in that Cap would rush to the front of the team and defend attacks instead of jumping to the back and avoiding them. Give the new Cap a large health pool, some ability to make protect tiles and he can stand in for anyone:

Noble Protector:
    Yellow
    (PASSIVE) If there are more than 12 red tiles on the board, Captain America rushes to the aid of his team, guarding incoming attacks
    Level 2: Requires 11 red tiles
    Level 3: Requires 10 red tiles
    Level 4: Requires 9 red tiles
    Level 5: Requires 8 red tiles

or whatever; i'll let you experts balance it out more
  • Jathro wrote:
    Had a vision of Cap with an ability almost the opposite of M. Hawkeye's 'avoid' in that Cap would rush to the front of the team and defend attacks instead of jumping to the back and avoiding them. Give the new Cap a large health pool, some ability to make protect tiles and he can stand in for anyone:

Noble Protector:
    Yellow
    (PASSIVE) If there are more than 12 red tiles on the board, Captain America rushes to the aid of his team, guarding incoming attacks
    Level 2: Requires 11 red tiles
    Level 3: Requires 10 red tiles
    Level 4: Requires 9 red tiles
    Level 5: Requires 8 red tiles

or whatever; i'll let you experts balance it out more

I like this idea of Cap shielding his team very much.

I was thinking about his powers last night and Cap only really has the super soldier endurance etc, superb fighting skills, his shield and of course his legendary tactics and leadership. Seems to me the only thing that isnt represented so far is some kind of tactics based power, giving his team orders to help them be in better battle positions. Maybe he could generate a set amount of AP for each of his teammates strongest colours or represent it as a simple board clear move of some sort.

I dont know, just my rambling thoughts!
  • Twysta
    Yeah a passive leadership skill would suit Cap no end.
    Even something as simple as Cap protects for 5% off red abilities while there are 10 yellows on the board or something.

Or Cap inspires teammates to do 5% more match damage or whatever.
  • yeah that would work, i like the increased match damage idea. It could even be a cheap ability with a countdown tile and the extra damage lasts until the countdown expires.
  • mytisbrewin
    mytisbrewin Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    Doragon wrote:
    Twysta wrote:

and Black Widow. Need a 3 star version of modern and original then we might be set, unless they also want a 4 star version of grey suit. icon_e_wink.gif