*** Captain America (Super Soldier) ***

Comments

• Can someone post abilities please? Or are they same minus blue now giving a protect tile?

Yellow
    L1: 19 AP, 3 protect tiles with strength 24 (same as 2*, but increased protect)
    L2: strength 31 (same as 2*)

Red
    L1: 11AP, 95 damage, 3 turn countdown returning 8 (same as 2* version, but increased damage)
    L2: 209 damage, returns 9 AP (2* version does not bump damage)

Blue
    L1: 12 AP, 2 turn stun, 3 turn countain returning 8 (same as 2*)
    L2: Converts to str 17 protect; returns 9 (2* version obviously does not convert)
  • Jathro wrote:
    Twysta wrote:
    ... they don't have new abilties and are just reworked characters with a higher level grade.
    IceIX wrote:
    Well, the abilities may always be changed before we full on release him at PVE's end, but at the moment I'm looking at a max Peacemaker that stuns for 2 turns, creates a 3 turn Countdown tile that returns 10 blue AP, and *leaves behind a 291 Protect tile.*
    Looks new to me. And still subject to change.

By the way, I just looked at his blue cover in the rewards list, and the "leaves behind a +x Protect tile" starts at 2 blue. You don't get it for a single blue cover, but you don't have to go to 5 blue covers to see the Protect tile.

Despite hopes, no Strike tile showed up at 2 red, so that may not be a thing.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well at least he's semi more functional, but....now he's not technically a gold character as he has different skills and lvl upgrades compared to 2* version. I really hope they buff the 2* Version with these increases as well.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Vairelome wrote:
    Despite hopes, no Strike tile showed up at 2 red, so that may not be a thing.
    No Strike tile on Red, but a Plasma Energy Shield to the noggin *hurts*.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dreylin wrote:
    Is anyone else secretly hoping they release a Gold/Platinum/Whatever version of Invisible Woman just so that we can call her "Lazy Susan"...?

No, just me then. icon_redface.gif

Yeah the rest of us were going to call her Fat Sue. Or maybe Suepersized.

We're not nice people.
  • Phaserhawk
    So is Captain America (Modern) going to be getting this same skill upgrades?
  • Phaserhawk wrote:

Yes. You can already see his blue is modified.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    For the time being, no. Much like Thor (Modern) being slightly different than Thor (Marvel NOW!), the characters are much the same but distinguished by the rarity and little variations in their powers. That's not to say that we can't change that up in the future, but that's how it stands for the immediate future.
  • jozier wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

What? My 2* Cap is still the same.
  • Phaserhawk
    IceIX wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    For the time being, no. Much like Thor (Modern) being slightly different than Thor (Marvel NOW!), the characters are much the same but distinguished by the rarity and little variations in their powers. That's not to say that we can't change that up in the future, but that's how it stands for the immediate future.

??? Aside from damage Thor (Modern) and Thor (Marvel NOW!) are the exact same, adding a protect tile to an ability for 3* (which is super coold btw) is not being the same, I think overall players would love to see this change to the Captain America (Modern) character as well, it would increase his use and we need more viable 2*'s
  • IceIX wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

"Immediate future..." So is there an eta on the next actually "New" character? Any info on the xforce buff? We getting 4**** #3 soon? I have nearly 300k iso saved up at this point. Would be nice to know.its not totally for nothing. Well, at least the storage let's me make sure I can pump ppl as necessary for events. I keep using a bunch on the new characters to get them to lvl 50+
  • Phaserhawk
    IceIX wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

"Immediate future..." So is there an eta on the next actually "New" character? Any info on the xforce buff? We getting 4**** #3 soon? I have nearly 300k iso saved up at this point. Would be nice to know.its not totally for nothing. Well, at least the storage let's me make sure I can pump ppl as necessary for events. I keep using a bunch on the new characters to get them to lvl 50+

How do you have that much ISO?
  • Hitman Inc wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

What? My 2* Cap is still the same.

Ah, I misread the question.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

He has been saving up since the initial list of buffs and happy action fun time came out.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Can someone post abilities please? Or are they same minus blue now giving a protect tile?

Yellow
    L1: 19 AP, 3 protect tiles with strength 24 (same as 2*, but increased protect)
    L2: strength 31 (same as 2*)

Red
    L1: 11AP, 95 damage, 3 turn countdown returning 8 (same as 2* version, but increased damage)
    L2: 209 damage, returns 9 AP (2* version does not bump damage)

Blue
    L1: 12 AP, 2 turn stun, 3 turn countain returning 8 (same as 2*)
    L2: Converts to str 17 protect; returns 9 (2* version obviously does not convert)

Is it increased damage because of level 6 (2*) to level 15 (3*) difference or not?
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Been saving for a while at this point. The actual amount earned in the time I started saving is a good deal more, but I throw 10-20k at a character every once in a while and probably around that whenever a new character comes out in order to lvl it to a competent lvl for events.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Clint wrote:
    Oh god how sick will he be with Hood and punisher? If the rest of his abilities are like this new blue, he has some real potential.

Think about this, in the 3* meta game you pretty much ignore the Spider-Man protect tiles, or strike tiles in favor of crushing the enemy since no one really outside of C Mags has an ability you use for that, I know there are others, they just aren't that attractive to use. Now imagine you shield smack them while building your own, all the while stealing AP and cutting Down shield count down timers with Hood.... Hmmm

I think my defensive wins will make people want to punch holes in their walls.

Edit again.... How much would Hood, OBW and 3* cap suck to fight! once the shield chain starts... OMG

I would like to take this moment and rescind my previous excitement, one stupid blue protect tile does not make the Cap here worth 170K ISO investment, a standard Cap can do the same job.
  • So 2* the 2* Cap, Punisher, hood test went well?
  • Hm, good point. I hadn't thought of that, but I think it's unlikely based on how the 2* version's powers scale:

Cover scaling
    Yellow scales up 13->14, a gain of 7.6%. 3* scales 19->31, a gain of 63%.
    Red doesn't scale at all with more covers.

Level scaling
    L4 Yellow is 16 at level 6 and 150 at level 85. Assuming linear scaling, that works out to 5.82+1.7*(level), which would be strength 31 at level 15. Again assuming linear scaling, we'd guess 31 * 13/16 for L1 yellow at level 15, which would be 25, and 27 for L2. Since the actual values are 19 and 31, it doesn't look like it's the same scaling.

If we repeat that analysis for red, we get 7.16 + 7.14*level for damage, which works out to 114 at level 15, but red actually does 95 damage, so that doesn't look right either.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Nah, my 2* Cap remains at level 20, I can't handle boring opponent's to death, it cuts into my ISO generation when I fall asleep during a match. Never will my Cap see Hood/OBW, needs a respectable damage dealer.

If you see my post on What does Fat Thor Say though... Fat Thor/Hood/OBW is sick.