*** Captain America (Super Soldier) ***

Options

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    At this point, locking this guy in favor of the thread in Character Discussion: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5088
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For anyone getting Capt. America this morning, and spending hero points on him .... please don't spend ISO on him to level him up before telling us his stats at various power levels. Especially for his Yellow power, write down the numbers you see for Level 3, 4, and 5 before leveling him up. Also mention any numbers you see for his Red and blue as each level is added.

Here's what we know, but there are likely errors.

[anchor=captainamerica3]Captain America (Steve Rogers)[/anchor]
    2 Star Rarity (Uncommon) - Gold character Discussion link
    At Max Level: HP: 7250 Tile damage: 67/60/52/10/11/12
      Sentinel of Liberty - Yellow 19 AP
      Captain America courageously rushes to protect the team’s flank. Transforms 3 chosen basic tiles into Yellow Protect tiles, each with a strength of 24.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2 – Increases Protect Strength to 31. Level 3 – Increases Protect Strength to ??. Level 4 – Increases Protect Strength to ??. Level 5 – Transform 4 tiles.
      Max Level: Damage reduced by ?? per Protecttile
        Star Spangled Avenger - Red 11 AP
        The Captain hurls his trusty shield into battle. Hits the target for 95 damage and transforms a chosen basic tile into a 3 turn Countdown tile that returns 8 Red AP.
        Level Upgrades
          Level 2 – 209 damage. Returns 9 Red AP. Level 3 – Can target Strike, Protect, Attack, and Web tiles. ?????? Level 4 – Returns 10 Red AP. ???? Level 5 – Can target any tile. ??????????
        Max Level: ??? damage
          Peacemaker - Blue 12 AP
          Captain America gallantly launches his shield at the enemy. Stuns the target for 2 turns and transforms a chosen basic tile into a 3 turn Countdown tile that returns 8 Blue AP.
          Level Upgrades
            Level 2 – Converts to a strength 17 Protect tile when activated. Returns 9 Blue AP. Level 3 – Can target Strike, Protect, Attack, and Web tiles. ?????? Level 4 – Returns 10 Blue AP. ??????? Level 5 – Can target any tile.
        • Phaserhawk
          Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
          Options
          For anyone getting Capt. America this morning, and spending hero points on him .... please don't spend ISO on him to level him up before telling us his stats at various power levels. Especially for his Yellow power, write down the numbers you see for Level 3, 4, and 5 before leveling him up. Also mention any numbers you see for his Red and blue as each level is added.

Here's what we know, but there are likely errors.

[anchor=captainamerica3]Captain America (Steve Rogers)[/anchor]
          2 Star Rarity (Uncommon) - Gold character Discussion link
          At Max Level: HP: 7250 Tile damage: 67/60/52/10/11/12
            Sentinel of Liberty - Yellow 19 AP
            Captain America courageously rushes to protect the team’s flank. Transforms 3 chosen basic tiles into Yellow Protect tiles, each with a strength of 24.
            Level Upgrades
              Level 2 – Increases Protect Strength to 31. Level 3 – Increases Protect Strength to ??. Level 4 – Increases Protect Strength to ??. Level 5 – Transform 4 tiles.
            Max Level: Damage reduced by ?? per Protecttile
              Star Spangled Avenger - Red 11 AP
              The Captain hurls his trusty shield into battle. Hits the target for 95 damage and transforms a chosen basic tile into a 3 turn Countdown tile that returns 8 Red AP.
              Level Upgrades
                Level 2 – 209 damage. Returns 9 Red AP. Level 3 – Can target Strike, Protect, Attack, and Web tiles. ?????? Level 4 – Returns 10 Red AP. ???? Level 5 – Can target any tile. ??????????
              Max Level: ??? damage
                Peacemaker - Blue 12 AP
                Captain America gallantly launches his shield at the enemy. Stuns the target for 2 turns and transforms a chosen basic tile into a 3 turn Countdown tile that returns 8 Blue AP.
                Level Upgrades
                  Level 2 – Converts to a strength 17 Protect tile when activated. Returns 9 Blue AP. Level 3 – Can target Strike, Protect, Attack, and Web tiles. ?????? Level 4 – Returns 10 Blue AP. ??????? Level 5 – Can target any tile.

Im not sure it's wise to be posting any stats past level 2. We know that blue already has an upgrade with the protect tile left and there are unsubstantiated rumours that red will leave strike tiles and yellow may have another ability as well. Because I have a feeling 90% of what you just posted there is wrong.
              • Nonce Equitaur 2
                Options
                Phaserhawk wrote:
                Im not sure it's wise to be posting any stats past level 2. We know that blue already has an upgrade with the protect tile left and there are unsubstantiated rumours that red will leave strike tiles and yellow may have another ability as well. Because I have a feeling 90% of what you just posted there is wrong.

He's a "Lazy" character, so I think it's fine for me to set up pins for someone else to knock down. But yes, I agree that likely most of this is wrong, and I'd like to get it correct. But people can only check the stats before they've leveled him up, so it's important to have people record numbers before they start leveling.
              • Phaserhawk
                Options
                Phaserhawk wrote:

He's a "Lazy" character, so I think it's fine for me to set up pins for someone else to knock down. But yes, I agree that likely most of this is wrong, and I'd like to get it correct. But people can only check the stats before they've leveled him up, so it's important to have people record numbers before they start leveling.

don't get me wrong, I appreciate your posting, I just think, especially reading between the lines, that this 3* version is what the rework of the 2* version was going to be, so while relatively similiar I think we are going to find some surprises.
              • Colognoisseur
                Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
                Options
                Yellow lvl 3 Increases Protect Strength to 38
                Yellow lvl 4 Increases Protect Strength to 47

Red lvl 3 323 Damage Can target Strike, Protect, Attack and Web tiles
                Red lvl 4 437 Damage returns 10 Red AP
                Red lvl 5 551 Damage Can target any tile

Waiting to get my blue and I'll add those
              • Phaserhawk
                Options

thank god, they are actually going to let his red do some serious damage. also glad to see I"m not the only one who hasn't gotten their blue yet.
              • NorthernPolarity
                NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
                Options
                His red scales to roughly 3-3.5k damage, which actually isnt too shabby. Well have to see how he plays out: 3k damage every 3 turns seems pretty good.
              • Nonce Equitaur 2
                Options
                So serious damage with lots of repeat action possible, stunning, tile control, and lots of health points?

Looks like we have a winner here.
              • Oh comeone, why couldn't they add in a AP decrease for Yellow, or allow red/blue to generate yellow ap. Bah!
              • Phaserhawk
                Options
                Tolken wrote:
                Oh comeone, why couldn't they add in a AP decrease for Yellow, or allow red/blue to generate yellow ap. Bah!

OMG, if they did that they I think Cap becomes top tier. I mean if you boosted to 6AP, you only need 13 and the way those protect tiles are you would never take any damage
              • DD-The-Mighty
                DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
                Options
                So just so I get this: LazyCap is just regular cap but with a few of the buffs everyone has been asking for? Only a three star. and all the availability that comes with that.
              • It seems like the red will do too much damage unless you've extremely bad luck on your tile placements. Or maybe the point is to put a bigger premium on CD defense, which does make sense since CD should do more ridiculous things than instant abilities as there are more ways to counter it.
              • Clintman
                Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
                Options

Dude, I just looked at your roster again.. you are insane.
              • He's going to be a staple of my tank team until I get a bunch more covers. He's my second-lowest leveled guy at 18th. Only Bullseye is lower (10th). Even then, I could only see using him if he's boosted and/or extremely high level.
              • Nemek
                Nemek Posts: 1,511
                Options
                Clint wrote:

Yeah, but uhhh...he's missing X-Force Yellow and doesn't even have a maxed Bagman. Psssh.

(Super sick roster!)
              • Colognoisseur
                Options
                Here are the blue levels

Blue lvl 3 Can target strike. protect, attack, and web tiiles. Protect strength increased to 27
                Blue lvl 4 Returns 10 Blue AP. Protect strength increased to 37
                Blue lvl 5 Can target any til Protect strength increased to 48
              • Colognoisseur
                Options
                Nemek wrote:
                Clint wrote:

Yeah, but uhhh...he's missing X-Force Yellow and doesn't even have a maxed Bagman. Psssh.

(Super sick roster!)

The lack of a yellow X-Force is killing me and I am working on maxing Bag Man. Give me another event or two. icon_e_biggrin.gif
              • mischiefmaker
                Options
                Max level stats next!

Really interested to see how red scales -- no matter what it ends up at it'll be a marked departure from how the last few characters have scaled.
              • I don't see how the red can do more than about 1000 damage and still be balanced. All you need is two successful reds to beat basically any red ability in the game, and it's just not that hard to deposit in a corner, and it can still remove any tile in the game too.