*** Captain America (Super Soldier) ***

Comments

• Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    KaioShinDE wrote:
    I don't know why anyone would be surprised. Marvel has a big say in what characters companies can use and what and when they release stuff. New Captain America movie coming out... this shouldn't be a shock.

The complaints aren't that there isn't a new Captain, it's that it is a lazy one. If they want to promote the movie with this they could have put a lot more effort into this version.
    This version with abilities you haven't even seen yet??
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gold characters have been (if not somewhat indirectly) stated they don't have new abilties and are just reworked characters with a higher level grade.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Twysta wrote:
    ... they don't have new abilties and are just reworked characters with a higher level grade.
    IceIX wrote:
    Well, the abilities may always be changed before we full on release him at PVE's end, but at the moment I'm looking at a max Peacemaker that stuns for 2 turns, creates a 3 turn Countdown tile that returns 10 blue AP, and *leaves behind a 291 Protect tile.*
    Looks new to me. And still subject to change.
  • Twysta
    Yeah that would be the desired outcome.
    They'd already stated they wanted to buff up and fix captain America some so hopefully they do it with Gold, whether they retroactively make the changes to 2* remains to be seen.

Essentially though his blue is the same they've just added the protect tile to it - thus increasing it's practicality.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    If the purpose for the yellow skill is just to provide protection tiles, then he could do it something like Psylock's red works. Make them 1 at a time while lowering the cost for subsequent tiles. That way it would start offering protection much quicker.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Data update! Expect this event to come soon..
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    The news tab in-game says that the Simulator starts today. We should have a chance to look at the description of all his new powers at level 15 with just one cover. We should at least get a vague idea of what he can do soon.

I'll do my best not to mock whoever runs off to call dibs on starting the Simulator thread hours before we have concrete info.

EDIT: Let's see who wins the race. My money is on the guy who types gibberish and promises to update soon.

EDIT2: Jozier and beezer, neck and neck...
  • Twysta
    It's hereeeeeeeee
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looking at the level 1/2 covers, only blue received a significant overhaul. Doesnt bode well for lazycaps future...
  • Looking at the level 1/2 covers, only blue received a significant overhaul. Doesnt bode well for lazycaps future...

Yeah, I'm hoping there is some new stuff for yellow and red and higher levels. He has so much potential I hope they didn't just upgrade the blue.
  • I think red got a damage boost, not entirely certain.
  • Still 19ap for yellow..smh
  • Someone please paste in the abilities as much as already uncovered.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    pasa_ wrote:
    Kolence wrote:
    Is it okay to call the 3* Captain "Lazy" if his other 2 abilities get changed/bettered as his blue one seems to have been?

My vote is no, not okay, but I could understand why someone would disagree with me on this particular (sensitive) topic.

Chances are good the name will stuck even with fairly changed abilities. icon_e_smile.gif

Unless certainly someone comes out with another name that sounds and fits way better and it takes over.

If his name and designation is actually Captain America - Steve Rogers than yeah, we're going to need a good nickname anyway... Hopefully new users stay current on the forum abbreviations post!

I'm going with Mr. Rogers.
  • HailMary wrote:
    If his name and designation is actually Captain America - Steve Rogers than yeah, we're going to need a good nickname anyway... Hopefully new users stay current on the forum abbreviations post!

Not sure if that's perfect but I think we're at least in the right neighborhood.
  • Looking at the level 1/2 covers, only blue received a significant overhaul. Doesnt bode well for lazycaps future...
    Au contraire, mon frere!

Ballpark max level stats:

7250 health (IM40/Doom/BP equivalent)
    Red: ~1600 damage
    Yellow: ~400 protect tile
    Blue: 291 protect tile (IceIX leaked this earlier)

I'm going to assume that leveling up the powers increases returned AP and placement restrictions as the 2* does. In which case, yellow still seems pretty terrible because it costs so much and the lack of yellow generators (Thor doesn't count), but blue looks pretty dominant -- 2 turn stun and you can place the tile so it's likely to stick around even if it's a 3-turn countdown, and the protect tile is massive, negating all match-3 damage. At 1600 damage for net 1 red AP, his red will be the best damage/AP by far in the game, and the closest competition is Daredevil's, which obviously isn't nearly as good due to the trap mechanic.

3/5/5 and pair him with IM40 for happy fun times.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    HailMary wrote:

Not sure if that's perfect but I think we're at least in the right neighborhood.

I think its going to be a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood... icon_lol.gif
  • Can someone post abilities please? Or are they same minus blue now giving a protect tile?
  • His blue definitely seems more tempting, but I just don't enjoy playing count down tiles (it's so frustrating/disappointing when they get matched).
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    Is anyone else secretly hoping they release a Gold/Platinum/Whatever version of Invisible Woman just so that we can call her "Lazy Susan"...?

No, just me then. icon_redface.gif