*** Captain America (Super Soldier) ***

Options

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I calculated it to 3 457 damage.
  • Either way, that's a ridiculous amount of damage for 11 AP which will basically recharge itself for free in 3 turns. I love the idea of maxing out his red but much like Black Panther and his black power, I see the nerf bat being swung relatively quickly on this. It won't destroy the red, but if it was somewhere around 2-2.5k damage, most characters would be able to survive it and have a chance to knock out the CD tile. As it stands, by the time you've got the 11 AP to throw it, you're likely going to kill whoever you throw it at.

As a single hit attack, it still pales in comparison to things like Best There Is (I've hit for over 6k damage with that) and Magnetic Translocation (easily over 7k damage at max level), but the fact it refuels itself is where the problems lie.
  • Shadow
    Shadow Posts: 155
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I don't see how the red can do more than about 1000 damage and still be balanced. All you need is two successful reds to beat basically any red ability in the game, and it's just not that hard to deposit in a corner, and it can still remove any tile in the game too.

Come on Phantron.... do you ever go anywhere without bringing the nerf bat with you? I'd love to see his red at max. I remember Heroic juggs spending 15 min in a fight as u red slapped goons for less than 500 damage at a time. Now Cap can be useful outside of pve. Frankly I prefer D3p going the power creep method.

Frankly, it isn't really as OP as it sounds. To hit all 3 opponents with 3k+ damage each needs 11 red and 3 turns between each individual hit. 6 turns total to hit all 3. Compare that to Black Panther 12 black hits for 3162 immediately on all 3 enemies. No waiting required. The advantage that it has is that it can overwrite tiles and is somewhat repeatable every 3 turns. But it is not overly powerful for a 3*. To survive for 6 turns is quite a while if there are board shakers on the opposite team. It doesn't necessarily need red matches to take it out.
  • Clint wrote:
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    Thor ~1800 for 8 red

You are quoting level 230 damage, 141 Fathor red damage is 1168.

I'm quoting the damage straight from the wiki with 5 in red. 1817.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Technically if you guys wanna try and get Cap nerfed, Punisher's Red actually does the most damage. Assuming you have a 15000 hp, his Red for 8AP can actually do 6000 dmg. Also IM40's red is only 2 AP more and it does 3559 and Patch's red for 14AP can do insane damage if the board's set up correctly. So while Cap's shield is strong it's not really that out of line, sure maybe you could take a couple hundred off, but that's really not going to make a difference. His red is suppose to hurt
  • I just watched Captain America: winter soldier and it was awesome! He really kicks ****!

THEN I look at LazyCap and think , Steve Rogers doesn't wait for 3-turn countdown tiles before he springs into action....Steve Rogers doesn't need a gazillion yellow to defend somebody.

Bleah. :p
  • And Daredevil doesn't sit around doing nothing, setting up traps to spring on someone. What's your point? icon_razz.gif
  • mechgouki wrote:
    And Daredevil doesn't sit around doing nothing, setting up traps to spring on someone. What's your point? icon_razz.gif

Hey Daredevil does. He hides in the dark and trips people with his stick.. (Week I think that was what Ben Affleck did, not sure , fell asleep. It was a boring movie)
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Technically if you guys wanna try and get Cap nerfed, Punisher's Red actually does the most damage. Assuming you have a 15000 hp, his Red for 8AP can actually do 6000 dmg. Also IM40's red is only 2 AP more and it does 3559 and Patch's red for 14AP can do insane damage if the board's set up correctly. So while Cap's shield is strong it's not really that out of line, sure maybe you could take a couple hundred off, but that's really not going to make a difference. His red is suppose to hurt

IM40's red has a pretty big drawback. Cap's red gets him 10 more red.....
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    Jazzhands wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

IM40's red has a pretty big drawback. Cap's red gets him 10 more red.....

that's assuming no one blows up your tile within 3 turns
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Frailezim wrote:
    Likely builds gents?

I'd imagine a 3/5/5 is the way to go?
    That's the consensus build on 2* Cap, so it's safe to say the same here. Since we have respec now, I'll keep adding covers in whatever order I find them until I hit the final build, as none of his powers has any downside to level increase.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    BTW, Rank 5 Yellow at 141 is 289 per Protect tile for a total of 1156 protected.
  • IceIX wrote:
    BTW, Rank 5 Yellow at 141 is 289 per Protect tile for a total of 1156 protected.

Please tell me you won't be nerfing Mr Stars and Stripes?
  • IceIX wrote:

Unfortunate that it's still 19 ap :/ The skill isn't strong enough to make anyone prioritize yellow, and you never get to 19 yellow as a byproduct of match fours and fives. If you do, you're on a godlike cascading streak and won't need the protect tiles anyway.
  • mjsko wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Unfortunate that it's still 19 ap :/ The skill isn't strong enough to make anyone prioritize yellow, and you never get to 19 yellow as a byproduct of match fours and fives. If you do, you're on a godlike cascading streak and won't need the protect tiles anyway.

And whenever I HAVE used Cap and gotten to 19 AP, the enemy team is hurting enough that the free turn+cascade from placing the yellow tiles for a big match is more valuable than the protect tiles would be
  • mechgouki wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Please tell me you won't be nerfing Mr Stars and Stripes?

IceIX reminds me of batman. He shows up out of nowhere to say something real smart. Then you think for a moment, and try to ask him the true meaning of his words. But when you turn around, he's not there any more! Your question is just there, just hanging. Hanging.
  • In terms of ability design, a 19 AP ability pretty much has to prevent that kind of damage for the rest of the game. Sniper Rifle is meant to win the game for you on the spot at 19 green, and even preventing 1000 damage from all attack permanently is not certain to win you the game, and it certainly doesn't win you the game immediately. For the ability to make sense, the protect tile created by his yellow needs to say to be able to withstand one match (function as if they're locked, but still take effect). Actually, just make them locked tiles that still have their positive effect while locked, and that'd at least almost certainly prevent you from losing the game. It's still not as good as ability that simply immediately wins the game, but at least it'll be useful.
  • gamar wrote:
    mjsko wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

And whenever I HAVE used Cap and gotten to 19 AP, the enemy team is hurting enough that the free turn+cascade from placing the yellow tiles for a big match is more valuable than the protect tiles would be

Caps yellow has been fantastic for me in the past too. Its reduced match damage to 1 late-game in order for my struggling heroes to pull of a comeback/deny AP without wasting a turn, created cascades that generated more yellow and other colors that I needed and giving the second turn. Its really no question for me for 2* Cap of whether I want a 5/5/3 or 3/5/5 build.

But with 3* Cap, I think its a different story. Now that his blue power has been upgraded and produced protect tiles, I dont know that the cascade alone is enough to shoot for 5 in yellow in order to get that 4th protect tile. Maybe if it produced 5-6 protect tiles youd have something... but the way his blue works now I cant see investing in his yellow over his blue power to be worth it long term
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    Pair Cap with Hood and those 19AP yellows come very quickly. You can get close to stealing 1 yellow per turn if make sure to leave enough on the board to trigger the Hood, so usually by turn 10 I can cast yellow. What casting yellow does (assuming you aren't cascading) is if you are in a tricky match, it buys you time to set up that really high AP skill that ends a game without fear of taking too much damage. And with the new blue, you can survive long enoug to get 19 yellow AP, I think people underestimate the power of new blue. while I am still going to be running 3/5/5 on the new Cap, having played all variatons of regular cap, 5/3/5 was my first, then 5/5/3, to 3/5/5 I can honestly say 5/3/5 has it's merits. It's defensive but solid, and now that new Cap's blue creates a protect tile, 5/3/5 is even more viable than before. I'm not saying it's the best build, but you need to have at least one of Cap's shield throw abilties maxed so you can target any tile, meaning there really is only 3 builds

3/5/5---Offesnive
    5/3/5---Max Defensive
    5/5/3---Hybrid Offensive/Defensive
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Pair Cap with Hood and those 19AP yellows come very quickly. You can get close to stealing 1 yellow per turn if make sure to leave enough on the board to trigger the Hood, so usually by turn 10 I can cast yellow. What casting yellow does (assuming you aren't cascading) is if you are in a tricky match, it buys you time to set up that really high AP skill that ends a game without fear of taking too much damage. And with the new blue, you can survive long enoug to get 19 yellow AP, I think people underestimate the power of new blue. while I am still going to be running 3/5/5 on the new Cap, having played all variatons of regular cap, 5/3/5 was my first, then 5/5/3, to 3/5/5 I can honestly say 5/3/5 has it's merits. It's defensive but solid, and now that new Cap's blue creates a protect tile, 5/3/5 is even more viable than before. I'm not saying it's the best build, but you need to have at least one of Cap's shield throw abilties maxed so you can target any tile, meaning there really is only 3 builds

3/5/5---Offesnive
    5/3/5---Max Defensive
    5/5/3---Hybrid Offensive/Defensive

If you're running hood though, shouldn't you be using the yellow on Twin Pistols instead? That would generate more red/blue AP for you to Cap-lock someone with. Since blue now adds that defense tile which will negate all match 3 damage, all yellow does is mitigate ability damage, which I don't think is too important when you have Hood AP stealing and Cap blue stunning. I just don't see yellow deserving of being leveled up.