Jachdo wrote:
    The cover art leaked:

GoldCap_zpsab3039f9.png

if only he was sitting
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Awesome cover!
  • ZZZ...

It's not that I hate these lazy gold characters, but then having events that make major use of them is a bit... tedious.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but sometimes I feel I'm being punished for all of the time and money I put into this game.

Waiting and waiting for War Machine, Deadpool, or Iron Patriot...

Hoping they'd release a Winter Soldier character near the release of the movie...

... and we get a Captain America variant.
  • And not even one of the other dudes who was Captain America for a millisecond. That would at least mix things up a bit.

I'm starting to resent these upgraded two star characters. I wouldn't if I had enough ISO to level all of my characters though, I recognize that. The only thing I can think of is that they must be working on five star characters, because they're upping the familiar ones - we can't graduate and leave the MCU characters behind, that wouldn't be good business sense. Still, gripe gripe gripe...
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2014
    IceIX wrote:
    Doragon wrote:
    Dayraven wrote:
    Hope they're using the classic costume at least.

I think it's going to be the maskless design here (which would be why it's designated as 'Steve Rogers' rather than 'Classic')

http://marvel.wikia.com/Steve_Rogers:_S ... er_Vol_1_1

Would be pretty darned cool if that was the actual cover they are gonna be using wouldn't it?
    Nope, second printing variant. This one:
    http://www.comics.org/issue/1093410/

Aww, I thought the cover Jachdo just posted in the http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5088 Character Discussion was the bomb! icon_lol.gif
    Jachdo wrote:
    The cover art leaked:

GoldCap_zpsab3039f9.png
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    KaioShinDE wrote:
    I would love to just grab the ISO in this one and not care abotu my ranking.

But it'll have alliance rewards. Alliance rewards for PvE... oh god. Since the points are just cumulative, you get punished hard for joining late, no more waiting for a late bracket and just playing one clear. You basically have to grind each refresh unless you want to let your alliance down. This will be the most stressful event ever.

It's a game that you're meant to be playing for fun.

Never forget that.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2014
    From IceIX in the main forum:
    IceIX wrote:
    Nope, second printing variant. This one:
    http://www.comics.org/issue/1093410/

6rn9xs.jpg

IceIX wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    I have a feeling Steve Rogers Super Soldier version will see MUCH more high level play than Modern. Staring at his maxed out abilities at the moment and wondering how I can spend enough time in the Sim Challenge to get him myself this go around. icon_e_smile.gif

Any possibility us loyal forum-goers can have a sneak peek at his max level abilities? icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Well, the abilities may always be changed before we full on release him at PVE's end, but at the moment I'm looking at a max Peacemaker that stuns for 2 turns, creates a 3 turn Countdown tile that returns 10 blue AP, and *leaves behind a 291 Protect tile.*

• It's because Cap's a popular figure in the Marvel universe, and 99% of players who play this game are casual "play on the bus" type players who just want to play with their favorite Marvel superheroes, as opposed to minmax and figure out the optimal character compositions like us folk.

That's a good point. When I started I wanted cap covers for exactly that reason. And now one of my main team is a character useful in the game but that i dislike in comics. Ah well.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    KaioShinDE wrote:

But it'll have alliance rewards. Alliance rewards for PvE... oh god. Since the points are just cumulative, you get punished hard for joining late, no more waiting for a late bracket and just playing one clear. You basically have to grind each refresh unless you want to let your alliance down. This will be the most stressful event ever.

On the contrary, if rubberbanding mechanics work the same for this event as they did in all previous events, the most efficient way to play the event is to just do a single full clear immediately before the end of each sub event. I haven't grinded each refresh since original Hulk days, and I don't expect to do so for any future events. Alliances don't change that because it's extremely unlikely that alliance scoring will affect rubberbanding at all.
  • Jachdo wrote:
    The cover art leaked:

GoldCap_zpsab3039f9.png
    Nice. Reminiscent of this CA shirt my friend got me a while back.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    KaioShinDE wrote:

On the contrary, if rubberbanding mechanics work the same for this event as they did in all previous events, the most efficient way to play the event is to just do a single full clear immediately before the end of each sub event. I haven't grinded each refresh since original Hulk days, and I don't expect to do so for any future events. Alliances don't change that because it's extremely unlikely that alliance scoring will affect rubberbanding at all.

I think that's the most efficient way to play, but not the way to garner as many points as possible. You "only" get something like 95% of the possible points. It doesn't matter a whole lot since you can usually always place in the top tier of rewards with that many points. We'll see how it plays out with alliances.
  • I just want Cap to be good. I think I started this game some after catching the movie and was on a Marvel rush for a bit.
  • Gigas Breaker
    Gigas Breaker Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I'm pretty sure it's going to be skinny pre serum Steve Rogers.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nemek wrote:
    I think that's the most efficient way to play, but not the way to garner as many points as possible. You "only" get something like 95% of the possible points. It doesn't matter a whole lot since you can usually always place in the top tier of rewards with that many points. We'll see how it plays out with alliances.

It's going to be interesting to see if alliances manage to get along internally for these competitions. As long as the 'SHIELD without a point' team win by 100k it shouldn't be an issue for you guys, but if there are 2-10 rewards I can see things getting ugly around the 8-14 marks about who is or isn't pulling their weight.

It's one reason for having my own big rule free alliance. It helps keep the 'casual' and 'fun' in the thing, because I fear it is about to get merciless for some.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    I'm pretty sure it's going to be skinny pre serum Steve Rogers.

Red - Skinny Strength - Passive

If there are more than 15 red tiles on the board Steve tries to pick up his shield, stumbles and falls on his face. The enemy is distracted by the spectacle (the current target is stunned for 1 turn).

Level 2: Requires 14 or more red tiles
    Level 3: Stuns the current target for 2 turns
    Level 4: Requires 12 or more red tiles
    Level 5: Stuns the enemy team for 2 turns. Steve loses 10% of his max health.
  • I'm pretty sure it's going to be skinny pre serum Steve Rogers.

Red - Skinny Strength - Passive

If there are more than 15 red tiles on the board Steve tries to pick up his shield, stumbles and falls on his face. The enemy is distracted by the spectacle (the current target is stunned for 1 turn).

Level 2: Requires 14 or more red tiles
    Level 3: Stuns the current target for 2 turns
    Level 4: Requires 13 or more red tiles
    Level 5: Stuns the enemy team for 2 turns. Steve loses 10% of his current health.

Lol. That is a good one.
  • Shadow
    Shadow Posts: 155
    Eddiemon wrote:
    It's going to be interesting to see if alliances manage to get along internally for these competitions. As long as the 'SHIELD without a point' team win by 100k it shouldn't be an issue for you guys, but if there are 2-10 rewards I can see things getting ugly around the 8-14 marks about who is or isn't pulling their weight.

Frankly, I'm waiting for this to happen then I can move into a strong alliance. I'm a hardcore player and usually get the top 10 in all subs which don't end when I'm asleep. And I get 3 of the *** easily. Barely missed out on the x-force wolv during the hulk because I fell asleep in the final hour and was at 170 rank. Was doing night shift the night before. Right now, I'm waiting to see which strong alliance is willing to take me in.
  • agent86ix
    agent86ix Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    I know there's not a lot of love for the Cap'n, but he's my fave 2* at the moment. First one I got to 85, even!

I, for one, am looking forward to the 3* variant. All you Cap'n haters are free to sit this one out so I can get mine easier icon_razz.gif