*** Captain America (Super Soldier) ***

Comments

• LordWill
    LordWill Posts: 341
    Jathro wrote:
    It's likely he sees a lot of play because his covers are so readily available. Players transitioning from 1* to 2* have an easy time getting Cap

Exactly, not because he is sooo great. Just because people use him because he is readily available shouldn't mean that he doesn't need to be balanced out.
  • This means the event following this will have 3* Cap boosted to the max and required for some battles in order for you to win some sort of new awesome character.

Going hard...for the iso.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    I have a feeling Steve Rogers Super Soldier version will see MUCH more high level play than Modern. Staring at his maxed out abilities at the moment and wondering how I can spend enough time in the Sim Challenge to get him myself this go around. icon_e_smile.gif

Any possibility us loyal forum-goers can have a sneak peek at his max level abilities? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX wrote:
    IceIX can you say if there is going to be alliance rewards linked with this?
    Err, I already had in the past I thought. Yes.
    Thx. ill have to refer to my iceIX tracker in the future lols
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    I would love to just grab the ISO in this one and not care abotu my ranking.

But it'll have alliance rewards. Alliance rewards for PvE... oh god. Since the points are just cumulative, you get punished hard for joining late, no more waiting for a late bracket and just playing one clear. You basically have to grind each refresh unless you want to let your alliance down. This will be the most stressful event ever.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    IceIX wrote:
    I have a feeling Steve Rogers Super Soldier version will see MUCH more high level play than Modern. Staring at his maxed out abilities at the moment and wondering how I can spend enough time in the Sim Challenge to get him myself this go around. icon_e_smile.gif

Any possibility us loyal forum-goers can have a sneak peek at his max level abilities? icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Well, the abilities may always be changed before we full on release him at PVE's end, but at the moment I'm looking at a max Peacemaker that stuns for 2 turns, creates a 3 turn Countdown tile that returns 10 blue AP, and *leaves behind a 291 Protect tile.*
  • IceIX wrote:

Oh you can spend a lot of time, IceIX, a lot. Believe me, you can spend a lot of time. And rack up a massive score. A huge number.

A lot of time... did I say that already?
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Well, the abilities may always be changed before we full on release him at PVE's end, but at the moment I'm looking at a max Peacemaker that stuns for 2 turns, creates a 3 turn Countdown tile that returns 10 blue AP, and *leaves behind a 291 Protect tile.*

Wha-what?! !? (There is not an appropriate enough interrobang to adequately express the questioning and exclaiming I am doing right now)
  • IceIX wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Oh geez. In before the red leaves a 291 strike tile. :U
  • IceIX wrote:

If the ability prices are the same, he might be the worst *** char in the game.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    The good news about lazyCap is that if his 2* version is any indication, this will be the most common 3* random token pull and everyone will have maxed covers quickly and will be cashing him for 500 iso by May.
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

I'd play that. *whistles*
  • LordWill
    LordWill Posts: 341
    The good news about lazyCap is that if his 2* version is any indication, this will be the most common 3* random token pull and everyone will have maxed covers quickly and will be cashing him for 500 iso by May.

haha so true...
  • NorthernPolarity
    Emeryt wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Think you're forgetting about all-stars such as Daredevil and Rags...
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

If he does that he'll definitely be a much more useful character. Looking forward to seeing his powers in full now.
  • IceIX wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

So its not a direct port to 3* like lazyThor was?
  • NorthernPolarity
    bonerang wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

So its not a direct port to 3* like lazyThor was?

lazyThor technically wasn't a direct port either: yellow covers now increase damage dealt, which previously wasn't a thing.
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Emeryt wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Loki, anyone?
  • I don't have 2* captain america in my roster.I'm gonna be in trouble lol...
  • radiopy
    radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Microtom wrote:
    I don't have 2* captain america in my roster.I'm gonna be in trouble lol...
    Buy 15 heroic tokens and good chance you'll max out Cap in five minutes.