*** Captain America (Super Soldier) ***

Comments

• Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    loved the last simulator- forces me to think out of the box and used different team combinations
  • So the simulator. Does that mean it will be like Shield training?
  • What is so god about captain America??? He is so slow....
  • mbpm1 wrote:
    So the simulator. Does that mean it will be like Shield training?

No. It's a specific PVE type. This was the last thread on it:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3492&hilit=simulator
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm pretty sure it's going to be skinny pre serum Steve Rogers.

Red - Skinny Strength - Passive

If there are more than 15 red tiles on the board Steve tries to pick up his shield, stumbles and falls on his face. The enemy is distracted by the spectacle (the current target is stunned for 1 turn).

Level 2: Requires 14 or more red tiles
    Level 3: Stuns the current target for 2 turns
    Level 4: Requires 12 or more red tiles
    Level 5: Stuns the enemy team for 2 turns. Steve loses 10% of his max health.

I think we can work with this.

Red - Embarassment - Passive

Blue - Inadequacy - 8 Blue
    Your unique lack of stature and significance, coupled with your inability to lie convincingly has caught you out again. Does 200 damage and adds 2 red tiles at random to the board.

Level 2: 230 damage, 3 tiles
    Level 3: 260 damage
    Level 4: 290 damage, 4 tiles
    Level 5: 340 damage, 5 tiles

Yellow - End it All - 15 Yellow
    Your training has gone so badly you throw yourself on a grenade to make it all stop. This was apparently a test and your cowardice and depression have earned you super soldier status. Adds one defence tile to the board and heals yourself 100 Health.

Level 2: 2 defence tiles
    Level 3: +100 healing
    Level 4: 3 defence tiles
    Level 5: your suicide effort has inspired others. The next ability used by a team mate is 50 % more effective.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Yellow - I Can Do This All Day - Passive

The sound beating you endure only strengthens your resolve. Whenever damaged for over 5% of his health, heal 20% of the damage taken that turn.

Level 2: Also creates a randomly placed strength 9 protect tile.
    Level 3: Increases healing to 40% of the damage taken.
    Level 4: Increase protect tile to strength 19.
    Level 5: Increases healing to 60% of the damage taken. Also creates a random strength 9 strike tile.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    KaioShinDE wrote:
    I would love to just grab the ISO in this one and not care abotu my ranking.

But it'll have alliance rewards. Alliance rewards for PvE... oh god. Since the points are just cumulative, you get punished hard for joining late, no more waiting for a late bracket and just playing one clear. You basically have to grind each refresh unless you want to let your alliance down. This will be the most stressful event ever.

On the contrary, if rubberbanding mechanics work the same for this event as they did in all previous events, the most efficient way to play the event is to just do a single full clear immediately before the end of each sub event. I haven't grinded each refresh since original Hulk days, and I don't expect to do so for any future events. Alliances don't change that because it's extremely unlikely that alliance scoring will affect rubberbanding at all.
    I forgot, do you have to do the first mission ahead of time to start off the rubberbanding?
  • Do Dev stop making this gold characters??? Make a new one. Dont be lazy!!!!!
    Now that 2* Thor is useless after people lvled their lazy Thor. The 2* Cap will be the same = trash
  • Eddiemon
    Spoit wrote:
    KaioShinDE wrote:
    I would love to just grab the ISO in this one and not care abotu my ranking.

But it'll have alliance rewards. Alliance rewards for PvE... oh god. Since the points are just cumulative, you get punished hard for joining late, no more waiting for a late bracket and just playing one clear. You basically have to grind each refresh unless you want to let your alliance down. This will be the most stressful event ever.

On the contrary, if rubberbanding mechanics work the same for this event as they did in all previous events, the most efficient way to play the event is to just do a single full clear immediately before the end of each sub event. I haven't grinded each refresh since original Hulk days, and I don't expect to do so for any future events. Alliances don't change that because it's extremely unlikely that alliance scoring will affect rubberbanding at all.
    I forgot, do you have to do the first mission ahead of time to start off the rubberbanding?

No, it seems to be just based on you vs the global points leader, regardless of bracket. The only reason to do one mission early is to hopefully hit a bracket that isn't brim full of rubberbanders.

The last LR apparently had 2 global brackets though, and I don't know if we have any information on whether it tracks against the universal leader or the global bracket leader.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    jefip wrote:
    Do Dev stop making this gold characters??? Make a new one. Dont be lazy!!!!!
    Now that 2* Thor is useless after people lvled their lazy Thor. The 2* Cap will be the same = trash
    Useless, until you run a Heroic that the Gold isn't usable in but the 2* is. Or when you hit a PVP Tournament where it's 2* or lower. Or you hit an Event where the 2* is buffed and the 3* isn't. Quite a few reasons to keep a maxed 2* around, just like there are reasons to keep Iron Man (Model 35) around when you're using 3 141s.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Eddiemon wrote:
    No, it seems to be just based on you vs the global points leader, regardless of bracket. The only reason to do one mission early is to hopefully hit a bracket that isn't brim full of rubberbanders.

The last LR apparently had 2 global brackets though, and I don't know if we have any information on whether it tracks against the universal leader or the global bracket leader.
    Universal. Tracking against fractured leaders just means that rubber banding works well for some brackets and not for others which really throws things off when we try to figure out how many points progression rewards should be.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    I'm calling this one Cap'n Action - because I used to know someone who went by that name and he was useless too. He can sit in the corner with my 3* God of Thunder Thighs.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    CWTyger wrote:
    Vairelome wrote:
    Clint wrote:
    God I hope it is not a Lazy Captain America, he needs new abilities.

I agree with the sentiment, but I think we're likely to be disappointed. We were told that the next "new" character would be gold, and Cap was by far the most predicted (though not hoped for) option.

Though Captain America really wouldn't be so bad, if his abilities were 1) cheaper and 2) useful.

I find his powers to be very useful in the team I play with. You'd be surprised what a well-timed Peacemaker can do.

He is useful if you don't have other options, but I have 6 3* covers maxed! he has no place in a 3 star roster without new abilities. That being said him **** a 291 protect tile when his shield returns makes him more interesting if his red and yellow have similar benefits like strike or attack tiles then he will suddenly be desirable, otherwise he would be left with abilities that do not scale with levels. If that blue stayed just a 2 turn stun and yellow stayed the way too expensive for what it does therefore never used ability it currently is, then we would be left with a shield toss that when leveled to 141 does 1500 damage and everything in effect stays the same. If the only real benefit that came from 2* to 3* was more HP and a bit more shield toss damage the he would not be worth 2X the ISO investment of the 2*

All that wall of text aside, if he gets some resulting strike and or attack tiles for yellow and red then he all of a sudden becomes very versatile, maybe a Patch companion, or psylock team mate.

I know it is fun for people to trash everything they bring out, but all **** aside the new Thor is a monster, and from the Canon of Marvel Superheroes he is supposed to be a badass in the realm of able to go toe to toe with Hulk, or even in cross title matches like Thor vs Superman. I like to see my superheroes be super. Juggernaut is another one that is supposed to be a badass, its cool to make him a 1* that everyone can play with, but also release a badass version that you can mutter along with his attacks "Im the Juggernaut B**ch"

Captain America is one that should feel sweet to use with some badass support abilities, if they give them to him in this tournament to take him out of the pure PVE only capability I will be really excited to be able to use a hero that I love as a viable member of my team.

All of that aside, I just wish I could come to the forums and see people doing something other than complain about everything all of the time.
  • Eddiemon
    IceIX wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:

Universal. Tracking against fractured leaders just means that rubber banding works well for some brackets and not for others which really throws things off when we try to figure out how many points progression rewards should be.

And now we do have information. Thanks.
  • Eddiemon
    IceIX wrote:
    jefip wrote:
    Do Dev stop making this gold characters??? Make a new one. Dont be lazy!!!!!
    Useless, until you run a Heroic that the Gold isn't usable in but the 2* is. Or when you hit a PVP Tournament where it's 2* or lower. Or you hit an Event where the 2* is buffed and the 3* isn't. Quite a few reasons to keep a maxed 2* around, just like there are reasons to keep Iron Man (Model 35) around when you're using 3 141s.

That feels wrong. I'm Ok with a separation between 2 star and 3 star in those events, but anywhere you can use Thor you should be able to use Thor+. Even if they get separate buff amounts to bring them into line for that event.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Well, the abilities may always be changed before we full on release him at PVE's end, but at the moment I'm looking at a max Peacemaker that stuns for 2 turns, creates a 3 turn Countdown tile that returns 10 blue AP, and *leaves behind a 291 Protect tile.*

If true, this would be a huge improvement to the character. With Thor, they didn't change anything because all of his abilities scaled with level, but it seems they understand that not all characters have that luxury. This could mean the yellow will be made more relevant as well.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Oh god how sick will he be with Hood and punisher? If the rest of his abilities are like this new blue, he has some real potential.

Think about this, in the 3* meta game you pretty much ignore the Spider-Man protect tiles, or strike tiles in favor of crushing the enemy since no one really outside of C Mags has an ability you use for that, I know there are others, they just aren't that attractive to use. Now imagine you shield smack them while building your own, all the while stealing AP and cutting Down shield count down timers with Hood.... Hmmm

I think my defensive wins will make people want to punch holes in their walls.

Edit again.... How much would Hood, OBW and 3* cap suck to fight! once the shield chain starts... OMG
  • And how do we know this new Captain is not really Loki in disguise?
  • pasa_ wrote:
    And how do we know this new Captain is not really Loki in disguise?
    Because it's not the Scarlet Witch...
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Clint wrote:
    Oh god how sick will he be with Hood and punisher? If the rest of his abilities are like this new blue, he has some real potential.

Think about this, in the 3* meta game you pretty much ignore the Spider-Man protect tiles, or strike tiles in favor of crushing the enemy since no one really outside of C Mags has an ability you use for that, I know there are others, they just aren't that attractive to use. Now imagine you shield smack them while building your own, all the while stealing AP and cutting Down shield count down timers with Hood.... Hmmm

I think my defensive wins will make people want to punch holes in their walls.

Edit again.... How much would Hood, OBW and 3* cap suck to fight! once the shield chain starts... OMG

You sound like you need a new pair of Cap undies.