Time Gem Season Updates *Updated (10/19/17)

Options

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Going down to CL5 might get you the CP, but you won't get the 4* for 40 wins. Of course if you don't feel like getting 40 wins, then troll away! But you won't get a 4* for placement either.
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Its mr f. He's perfectly passable
  • peanut_gallery
    peanut_gallery Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Orion said:
    Going down to CL5 might get you the CP, but you won't get the 4* for 40 wins. Of course if you don't feel like getting 40 wins, then troll away! But you won't get a 4* for placement either.
    Lol. Yes. I'm aware of that.  I'll hop back to scl7 when there's a 4* I really want in progression, but I'm going to try the "easy" way to t10 on for size for the cp flow.  Besides, I'm at home in scl9 PvE, so that should make up for some of the cover shortfall.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Honestly the forum goers feel like they are entitled to way more information and updates than you actually are.  This is a prime reason why most community managers are VERY vague on any kind of info or saying anything. Because if they can't deliver or it changes you get this kind of stuff.

He would have been better off just saying that's all the info he has, I mean what would a update help with anyway two days ahead of time?

I'm not saying he shouldn't have followed up, but in the grand scheme of things it affected nothing....
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime said:
    wymtime said:

My point overall isnt even the cost associated, but the fact that people are upset that they are "losing" cp, claiming it is the only resource that that they play this game for, while at the same time not going after all the cp they could get.  
    This is a silly point, there are more factors at play here than raw CP earnings.  People value both CP and time. 

The marginal CP difference between PvE CLs is coupled with a significant change in time requirement.  Choosing to give up a few CP a week in exchange for hours of your time is a totally rational decision, and one that's completely consistent with complaining about possibly getting 45 fewer CP/week in PvP and having to spend more time to get the remainder of the rewards.
    A few?  It's 7 across progression from a 3/4 day event, 10 if you drop down to scl7.  Throw down some extra for the extra sub rewards, if there are any. 14 to 20 per week, plus all of the extra covers and tokens, which feed the farms, which gets you more cp....

I'm not saying you cant make that rational decision, I'm just pointing out that if you say you want all the cp you can get, then make that decision, it's a little hypocritical 
    It is called quality of life and can also be determined by if you have the 5* required leveled or not for PVE.  A lot of 5* players play PVP because that is what we like and we strive for the CP.  we play PVE for iso and progression CP.   CL9 has a significant jump in levels compared to CL8.  I personally strive for the cp in this game but usually go CL8 because the lower CP is worth the quality of life CL8 provides.  This new PVP system significantly impacts my quality of life as far as the game goes and how much CP I can earn.

most 5* players actually understand how beneficial this change will be for 3* and 4* players what we are asking saying is why is our quality of life being sacrificed for yours.  Why can’t there be a system that benefits all??  You can argue with people on the forum and insist upon your points or you can actually look at it from other players perspectives and the support they have given the game.  Just remember they way we are being treated now as in the future if you are around long enough it will be how d3 treads you.
    Been around 1400 days, so i know how i am treated.

So, you can see how it helps newer rosters, right?  By making them progress faster, and slowing ours down, it bring us closer to equilibrium faster.  Like i said, i may not like it, but i understand it for the long term health of the game. I just wish other 5* players accepted this as well, then we wouldnt even be having this discussion. 
    So my wife also plays this game and is transitioning from 3* land to 4*.  I actually do see how this will help her progress faster and helps her in PVP.  Overall I don’t think this solution is good for the long term health of the game.  My wife is not going to be playing 40 matches to get the 4* cover as it still takes a lot of time.  If you take a look at placement CL 6 and 7 are going to star getting more 5* players taking placement away from true CL6-7 players.  As players progress and get a championed 5* their progression will be slammed to a stop because they will start facing 5* teams and use up all their health packs trying to get to 40 wins.  The same thing will happen to new 4* players.  Imagine having one buffed 4* and all your PVP nodes were Medusa Rocket teams?  You would be using a health pack on your 4* every match while trying to get to 40 wins.  The players who were grinding really trying to get the 4* cover will be in a much better situation and that is good.  
    The gap between 5* players and 4* players in reality will only close as 5* players leave the game.  The gap at this point in time is too big.  These changes are for the pod of the game but the reality is the quality of life is only good for not worrying about getting hit.  The quality of life as far as play time goes is reversed.  In order to progress many players will now have to play a lot more then they have in the past and this is not just 5* players but 2*, 3*, and 4* players.  The devs could have done a lot of different things to fix the issues in PVP they caused.  
    I will accept the changes because I have to or I would leave the game, but I feel it is extremely important to give my feedback in constructive ways.
    I disagree with this.  No matter what system we use (points or wins-based) it is a struggle during the beginning of a transition.  That's why I hold off until I can champ a decent-sized group at once, and even then it is a drain on the health packs until you can get more usable characters to choose from in your tier.  I agree that 40 wins when you only have two characters is a slog, but here's the beauty... you won't get smacked down while your packs refresh!  Even with 34 champ 4*s I run out of packs while climbing (because at a certain point I can only use whoever is boosted) and I either need to shield earlier than I wanted, rush to open taco tokens for packs (while exposed to retals), or allow myself to get smacked down and try again at a later time.  I'd argue for a person with two champ 4s, they can play their elite threes and punch up for awhile, use winfinite combos or combos that are only really good on offense, then play their 4s until their packs recharge, then rinse and repeat from where they left off the next day.  That's a heck of a lot better than the current system, PLUS the HP they save on packs and Shields can be used to open packs and progress their roster even further!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Update: Added additional information about character updates, Time Gem season's max progression rewards, and adjustment of System Reboot Iso-8 values.
  • corytutor
    Options
    Where @Brigby
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited October 2017
    Options
    corytutor said:
    Where Brigby
    In the original post, I've added *New Update* to signify that I've added additional information below it
  • corytutor
    Options
    340 wins for season cp. 

Let the flow of tears commence...
  • Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    74 goddam shield sim wins?!?!??!?!?!! I could get 2k points in under 50 wins easily. Having to play 50% more to get the same reward is a thumb in the eye.

It doesn't even seem like it is motivated by greed. Just a complete disconnect from reasonable play times or being obnoxious ****.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lol...wow. Was waiting till I had all the facts before getting all judgey. I’m with pheregas. See y’all in PvE, I’m done with this mode altogether. Hey, on the bright side, there’s no longer any reason to cap my 5*s, so I can rip a new one into cl7.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Huh, and i dont event like the fury change to purple.  11ap for 6k and change damage is meh.  If you also got a real strike tile then it looks decent.  But 170?  That's nothing these days.

Psylocke's red might be decent now.  And in fact 5/5/3 might be a viable biild for her if the tile buffing is reliable.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hahahah. Good luck 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zappa said:
    74 goddam shield sim wins?!?!??!?!?!! I could get 2k points in under 50 wins easily. Having to play 50% more to get the same reward is a thumb in the eye.

It doesn't even seem like it is motivated by greed. Just a complete disconnect from reasonable play times or being obnoxious tinykitty.
    Really? When that cover is 2000 compared to 900 in points system, you’re shocked that the season long simulator is 74? I was expecting 90 to 100 there and 400 for season progress. The only thing about 74 is it feels like a random number (rather than a multiple of 5 or 10). And 340 is just 34 wins per event without even factoring Simulator. It looks like much right now, but it feels reasonable compared to my expectations.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    @Milk Jugz I agree. Need to see the season info also and I am very concerned about that as well. 
    Guesses on season and simulator requirements? My guess is 425/75
    I'm glad I was off on the season total, but I was pretty damn close on the simulator
  • Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Getting to 900 points as a 4* player required ~ 25-30 wins if you got hit hard with a low-end champ team. Having to win 40 games now to reach the 4* cover is in line with their **** 50% increased matches.
    Same with pve, from 4 clears minimum to reach max progression to 5 minimum, they also increased playtime for similar rewards.
    And now they have expanded it to simulator and season.
    Feeling reasonable or not, a significant portion (re: all 5* players and majority of top end 4* players, including ALL of their whales) now have required increases in their playtime to achieve the same or less rewards across ALL off PVP.

It's like they spent all this time fixing pve to make it a more enjoyable time for endgame players, and then took all of the misery and boredom and grind, and shoved it into the other half of the game.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I’m more concerned about the change to Fury yellow.  This could have been an older change, but I thought 5 yellow was hulk and 4 was widow.  I really don’t like hulk not being at 5, this means that the optimal build is no longer 454 possibly.  I liked the character’s yellow with hulk at 5. 

Im not sure what to make of the other changes, but I’ll at least try them.  I am surprised i am still playing.  Usually i uninstall after anniversary week.  But pve and dpdq seems to have been greatly improvec.  So far my only real concern is mmr for pvp.  I still don’t like it.  I kind of feel like it’s sunken cost fallacy at this point.  I feel like players have never liked it, especially those without top tier rosters, but instead of devevloping a more player friendly pvp system, mpq still thinks mmr can be fixed.  IMO if you’re always fixing something and no fix actually fixes it, that should be indicative of something.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:

Starting with the Time Gem Season, all Versus Events will now give progression rewards based on how many wins you complete (instead of Points). This includes S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator and Season Rewards.

*New Update*
    • The top progression reward for S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator is a Green Rogue (Classic) cover. (Earned at 74 wins) 
    • The top progression reward for the Time Gem Versus Season is 15 Command Points. (Earned at 340 wins)
    I’m strongly thinking about flagging this as abusive.

74 wins? Yes, it would take that many if I hit everyone for 27 points each. As a rule, I rarely hit people for twice that. If I even hit for an average of 60 points, that’s still 33 wins for progression.

You’ve more than doubled the requirements.

Nope.