Time Gem Season Updates *Updated (10/19/17)

Comments

• Thorstienn
    Thorstienn Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    @Brigby In amongst all the nonsense. Want to say thanks to the team for the rework. Already like both Fury and Psylocke, but these boosts are great. Looking forward to a nice simple update to Colossis and quake next;) Nothing crazy, just some damage/SO cost tweaks. This latest change was smack on, not too heavy handed.
  • soapblaster
    soapblaster Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    wymtime said:
    As a casual player I have no incentive to play this game now. 34 wins to get a 3 star reward from Shield. That used to take around 10-15 wins. 

I have complained since day one about how much of a grind this game is. Now you just taking it to another level this is absolutely absurd. The number of wins required is a joke. 

I cannot believe that you honestly think this is a balance of any kind. This is nothing more than a chore now.
    To hit max progression in shield sim it is 3 wins a day.  I agree it sucks compared to the effort needed in the old sim but if you do a little a day it is doable over time

Thanks for proving his point that this has become more of a grind. Doing something small, consistently is the exact definition of grinding. They have removed a player's ability to play when it is convenient for them, and still compete for progression rewards.

I think I will become a casual PvE player and just enjoy the gameplay moving forward. This has killed any enjoyment I still had of trying to fight for a top spot to compete directly against other peoples' teams. I can see how this type of move might appeal to some people, but the players that have the ability to put the game down from time to time have to be frustrated by the change. This might make the truly addicted players play even more.

Stupidest. Move. Ever. (At least for this customer.)

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    20 wins into the SIM and current score is 769. Now I'm playing matches according to beatable teams.and not scores.

Just about every team is grocket, gamora, and medusa.
  • nycjonny
    nycjonny Posts: 59 Match Maker
    edited October 2017
    problem solved carry on
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Cps to 3*?!?!  Oh lord im gonna have a stroke
  • corytutor
    nycjonny said:
    @Brigby SIM wins are not counting towards season wins. Is that a mistake or...
    Man thats just awesome
  • corytutor
    Its just you @nycjonny. Mine counts sim
  • nycjonny
    nycjonny Posts: 59 Match Maker
    corytutor said:
    Its just you @nycjonny. Mine counts sim
    stange restarted and now check marks there. thanks. 
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    I was pretty excited for the changes to Psylocke but after playing with her reworked powers I'm severely underwhelmed. Bewilder still being a 3 turn CD you can't place means it's just as weak as ever. 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was pretty excited for the changes to Psylocke but after playing with her reworked powers I'm severely underwhelmed. Bewilder still being a 3 turn CD you can't place means it's just as weak as ever. 
    This is appropriate for a 3* character. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not really happy that after 6 fights into Category-5, I'm already facing the hardest fights I can face. If we are going to have to win 40 matches each event, the fights should scale up more gradually than this. 
  • kenshohmer2
    kenshohmer2 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Not really happy that after 6 fights into Category-5, I'm already facing the hardest fights I can face. If we are going to have to win 40 matches each event, the fights should scale up more gradually than this. 
    My seeds were champ 5 stars :(
    Lucky me I have a lot of DP whales points !
  • Nick441234
    It doesn't help that Storm is boosted too. The amount of damage you take each fight is a nightmare. With me playing PVE too, I'm not sure I'll be able to put that much time into this first event with only 10 health packs. 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    It doesn't help that Storm is boosted too. The amount of damage you take each fight is a nightmare. With me playing PVE too, I'm not sure I'll be able to put that much time into this first event with only 10 health packs. 
    Don't worry about that,  you can buy more! 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is what some of us have been saying.  All the tests were in the offseason with different boosted chars.  Now we are in the season and all ally's will be playing.  It you thought the 40 wins would be easy with PVE as well, lets see what happens for the full season. 
  • corytutor
    Oh yeah. Just wait until its someone who's actually good.  
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    corytutor said:
    Oh yeah. Just wait until its someone who's actually good.  
    Truth!  Whether they hinder your "progression" or not,  no one likes tons of red nodes or repeat hits
  • Nick441234
    fmftint said:
    Don't worry about that,  you can buy more! 
    You shouldn't need to though. They should at least give us another 10 health packs with the increase in matches we'll have to face. My early thoughts are that I wont be able to hit both PVE and PVP on the same level as I did previously. This will lead to less time on the game, rather than more.