Time Gem Season Updates *Updated (10/19/17)

Options

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    40 wins for 4* confirmed in-game

15 cp for top 10 finish confirmed in-game.

Way to go getting that important information out the players in advance demi/d3!
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Preview up...    its the same as the tests... 40 wins...  lol
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would be absolutely embarrassed if I worked for a company that had this bad communication to its customers. All we have been asking for the past 2 days is something.   Anything. Yet they seem to think that we do not need to know until it shows up. Yea maybe I am going over the edge a bit, but this is insane. 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    15 command points for T10 down to CL5
    CONFIRMED

We're listening
  • BruJr2
    BruJr2 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    wymtime said:

So my wife also plays this game and is transitioning from 3* land to 4*.  I actually do see how this will help her progress faster and helps her in PVP.  Overall I don’t think this solution is good for the long term health of the game.  My wife is not going to be playing 40 matches to get the 4* cover as it still takes a lot of time.  If you take a look at placement CL 6 and 7 are going to star getting more 5* players taking placement away from true CL6-7 players.  As players progress and get a championed 5* their progression will be slammed to a stop because they will start facing 5* teams and use up all their health packs trying to get to 40 wins.  The same thing will happen to new 4* players.  Imagine having one buffed 4* and all your PVP nodes were Medusa Rocket teams?  You would be using a health pack on your 4* every match while trying to get to 40 wins.  The players who were grinding really trying to get the 4* cover will be in a much better situation and that is good.  
    The gap between 5* players and 4* players in reality will only close as 5* players leave the game.  The gap at this point in time is too big.  These changes are for the pod of the game but the reality is the quality of life is only good for not worrying about getting hit.  The quality of life as far as play time goes is reversed.  In order to progress many players will now have to play a lot more then they have in the past and this is not just 5* players but 2*, 3*, and 4* players.  The devs could have done a lot of different things to fix the issues in PVP they caused.  
    I will accept the changes because I have to or I would leave the game, but I feel it is extremely important to give my feedback in constructive ways.
    I sometimes think that the CL system is upside down; in professional boxing, competitors are split into various weight classes (Flyweight, Bantamweight, Featherweight, Lightweight, Welterweight, Middleweight and Heavyweight as the major classes). They also specify the maximum weight to compete in a given class. However, if you wish to compete in a higher weight class, that is up to you - the only restriction in professional boxing is not-to-exceed. (amateur boxing does not allow for a lower weight competitor to fight in a higher weight class, for safety reasons).

So this would restrict the players with brutal rosters from competing with relative light-weights (3* teams, for instance); seems a little unfair for the lower guys. When I was in 3* realm, I know that 800 was hell (because once I broke 800, I became visible to the bigger guys). Where I'm at now (well within 5*), 1200+ doesn't even hardly require a shield (of course, this is the statement of the the two sides of the "Win Progression" argument in a nut shell)

I know that, on the flip side, it would be hell brutal to be forced to only compete against monster rosters (I would be in that situation myself), although all of my fights are against those guys, any way. 

In general, I am able to compete in CL 8, and i pretty much stick to CL 8 (or 9 for PVE)
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would be absolutely embarrassed if I worked for a company that had this bad communication to its customers. All we have been asking for the past 2 days is something.   Anything. Yet they seem to think that we do not need to know until it shows up. Yea maybe I am going over the edge a bit, but this is insane. 
    To be fair, they did give us "something" in the sneak peek thread. We knew who was progression rewards, just not the number of wins........

Will still be a couple hours until the season preview goes up, right? That's the one I'm pissed about getting nothing for...... Yet......
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Why is everyone surprised by this? He literally said they were going to push the same changes as the previous tests no matter how much everyone complains.

I'm more interested in seeing the numbers for sim and season overall progression.
  • BruJr2
    BruJr2 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Vhailorx said:

No doubt Marvel and d3 want to get as many millenials as possible since it they are a more valuable marketing pool, so maybe we are just saying the same thing in different ways. 
    Are the Millennials really a more valuable marketing pool? I have way more disposable income than my Millennial brother-in-law
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I probably got flagged from this, but anyway. Poor communication is one thing this game has consistently since I started playing almost 2 years ago. lol.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    I'm afraid my original comment may have appeared a bit disengenuous. The original reason for this implementation was because the developers determined there would actually be more players that achieved the CP reward if put in placement, than if they tried to acquire it in progression.

The reason I said that I didn't know the exact reasoning in the above comment, was more so that I wanted to reaffirm with the developers if this was still the case, after reviewing the results of the test. I apologize for the confusion.
    @Brigby

An important piece of clarification would be helpful. Under the new system, some of the people getting the CP reward will be in CL5 and CL6, and will not receive a 4-star cover from progression. Under the old system, 100% of the people who received the CP reward also received the 4-star progression cover.

Will the number of people who receive both the CP reward and the 4-star progression cover be higher under the new system?  That's the relevant question, and the phrasing above makes me suspicious that it's not.

Perhaps the expansion of CP reward down to CL5 and CL6 pads the numbers enough to increase the total number of CP recipients, but many of those are worse off than before, as they don't get the 4-star progression or the improved ranking rewards from the T10 finish that they'd have gotten in a higher CL.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Milk Jugz I agree. Need to see the season info also and I am very concerned about that as well. 
  • peanut_gallery
    peanut_gallery Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Well, I'll stick in scl7 for Storm to go after t5 for Nightcrawler covers.  After that I'm gonna drop to down to scl5 and troll those leaderboards hard.  A lazy 24 wins & t10 for 100 hp and 25 cp and shield out.
  • Milk Jugz
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @Milk Jugz I agree. Need to see the season info also and I am very concerned about that as well. 
    Guesses on season and simulator requirements? My guess is 425/75
  • Liftoff
    Liftoff Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thank you devs!  Now I have more free time since I will be going only for 16 wins instead of 900.  More time with my kids!!!!
  • Milk Jugz
    Options
    Liftoff said:
    Thank you devs!  Now I have more free time since I will be going only for 16 wins instead of 900.  More time with my kids!!!!
    You'll probably have 900 points too...... Or close to it.......
  • ComatoseJackal
    ComatoseJackal Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    Drop to cl5 I'm digging that idea lol
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Season started.. without Season or Sim up. Only the first event. And cp IS in placement.
    something weird is going on..
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Drop to cl5 I'm digging that idea lol
    Just a bit of advice

Choose your season bracket FIRST!  You don't want to select CL5 now and be stuck in a CL5 season bracket
  • Milk Jugz
    Options
    Daiches said:
    Season started.. without Season or Sim up. Only the first event. And cp IS in placement.
    something weird is going on..
    It's normal for the first event to show up before the other two. Always has