Time Gem Season Updates *Updated (10/19/17)

Options

Comments

• Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    corytutor said:
    You dont see saying you're above responding, while responding numerous times hypocritical? Not even a little? You seem smart enough to grasp that concept. 

As for apologies, it was intended to be half booty and i thought it came across in the context. I honestly dont feel the need to apologize because you felt slighted by a comment that was never directed at you or because someone else agreed with it. You can deal with your feels over your misinterpretation on your own. 

All that said i dont dislike you @Spudgutter.  Not at all. 

Responding to you about your comment and responding to someone else, about your comment, are two different things imo.  I don't think I'm above anything, but saying i wouldnt dignify it with a response was probably a little arrogant sounding.

Ok, cool.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    corytutor said:
    @Spudgutter

I felt it needed said after you felt the need to mention my previous post several times over, and then commented as if you were above mentioning it. Its rather hypocritical and no longer had bearing on the conversation, giving the impression you had a gripe with me or my comment. 

If i interpreted that incorrectly then my apologies though i think we both know that i didnt. 
    This is getting off topic. I was discussing your post with someone else.  We were going back and forth, and my gripe with it, and that person's blanket approval of your statement.  I don't see the hypocrisy.

You are very bad at giving apologies. I take no issue with people on the internet, just their statement.  I can just as easily dislike any particular comment a person makes, while liking their next. 
    Case in point me and spud disagree alot over several issues. I agree with his general feeling on this topic though. I only dislike you a little spud...te he he.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tiomono said:

It's the exact same issue as vaulting in my mind. As a whole the player base got more progress on a select few 4's, but very little progress on all the rest. With this change as a whole more people will have access to better rewards while they take away something from another group. Over time if they don't like how it turns out they will change it just like they did vaulting.

With vaulting, everyone got the same theoretical benefit to go with the detraction.  With this, a lot of people benefit, but some people just get screwed.  Not the same thing at all, and that's why some people are upset.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion said:
    tiomono said:

It's the exact same issue as vaulting in my mind. As a whole the player base got more progress on a select few 4's, but very little progress on all the rest. With this change as a whole more people will have access to better rewards while they take away something from another group. Over time if they don't like how it turns out they will change it just like they did vaulting.

With vaulting, everyone got the same theoretical benefit to go with the detraction.  With this, a lot of people benefit, but some people just get screwed.  Not the same thing at all, and that's why some people are upset.
    Fair enough. 75% of my 4 stars still felt screwed under vaulting though.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Okay so, Gambit (Modern) has entered the packs, and can be set as Bonus Hero. The same goes for Rogue.

But Gambit (Classic) hasn't entered latest 5*s? Why is that?
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Okay so, Gambit (Modern) has entered the packs, and can be set as Bonus Hero. The same goes for Rogue.

But Gambit (Classic) hasn't entered latest 5*s? Why is that?
    5*'s follow a different rule for them being added to tokens. Its 2 weeks after their special store closes, in Gambit's case this will be Monday or Tuesday.
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Philly: you think the majority of players are millenials?  (no snark.  I don't know one way or the other but would be verious curious to find out.)
    I would like to know their age range as well. I am basing my assumption off of the classes I am teaching at my University, and statistical data of what age groups are playing video games on mobile or app games. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    T-Minus 4 hours until Time Season with win total goes live......no info or details yet. 
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    T-Minus 4 hours until Time Season with win total goes live......no info or details yet. 

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime said:

My point overall isnt even the cost associated, but the fact that people are upset that they are "losing" cp, claiming it is the only resource that that they play this game for, while at the same time not going after all the cp they could get.  
    This is a silly point, there are more factors at play here than raw CP earnings.  People value both CP and time. 

The marginal CP difference between PvE CLs is coupled with a significant change in time requirement.  Choosing to give up a few CP a week in exchange for hours of your time is a totally rational decision, and one that's completely consistent with complaining about possibly getting 45 fewer CP/week in PvP and having to spend more time to get the remainder of the rewards.
    A few?  It's 7 across progression from a 3/4 day event, 10 if you drop down to scl7.  Throw down some extra for the extra sub rewards, if there are any. 14 to 20 per week, plus all of the extra covers and tokens, which feed the farms, which gets you more cp....

I'm not saying you cant make that rational decision, I'm just pointing out that if you say you want all the cp you can get, then make that decision, it's a little hypocritical 
    It is called quality of life and can also be determined by if you have the 5* required leveled or not for PVE.  A lot of 5* players play PVP because that is what we like and we strive for the CP.  we play PVE for iso and progression CP.   CL9 has a significant jump in levels compared to CL8.  I personally strive for the cp in this game but usually go CL8 because the lower CP is worth the quality of life CL8 provides.  This new PVP system significantly impacts my quality of life as far as the game goes and how much CP I can earn.

most 5* players actually understand how beneficial this change will be for 3* and 4* players what we are asking saying is why is our quality of life being sacrificed for yours.  Why can’t there be a system that benefits all??  You can argue with people on the forum and insist upon your points or you can actually look at it from other players perspectives and the support they have given the game.  Just remember they way we are being treated now as in the future if you are around long enough it will be how d3 treads you.
    Been around 1400 days, so i know how i am treated.

So, you can see how it helps newer rosters, right?  By making them progress faster, and slowing ours down, it bring us closer to equilibrium faster.  Like i said, i may not like it, but i understand it for the long term health of the game. I just wish other 5* players accepted this as well, then we wouldnt even be having this discussion. 
    So my wife also plays this game and is transitioning from 3* land to 4*.  I actually do see how this will help her progress faster and helps her in PVP.  Overall I don’t think this solution is good for the long term health of the game.  My wife is not going to be playing 40 matches to get the 4* cover as it still takes a lot of time.  If you take a look at placement CL 6 and 7 are going to star getting more 5* players taking placement away from true CL6-7 players.  As players progress and get a championed 5* their progression will be slammed to a stop because they will start facing 5* teams and use up all their health packs trying to get to 40 wins.  The same thing will happen to new 4* players.  Imagine having one buffed 4* and all your PVP nodes were Medusa Rocket teams?  You would be using a health pack on your 4* every match while trying to get to 40 wins.  The players who were grinding really trying to get the 4* cover will be in a much better situation and that is good.  
    The gap between 5* players and 4* players in reality will only close as 5* players leave the game.  The gap at this point in time is too big.  These changes are for the pod of the game but the reality is the quality of life is only good for not worrying about getting hit.  The quality of life as far as play time goes is reversed.  In order to progress many players will now have to play a lot more then they have in the past and this is not just 5* players but 2*, 3*, and 4* players.  The devs could have done a lot of different things to fix the issues in PVP they caused.  
    I will accept the changes because I have to or I would leave the game, but I feel it is extremely important to give my feedback in constructive ways.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Philly484 said:
    Vhailorx said:
    Philly: you think the majority of players are millenials?  (no snark.  I don't know one way or the other but would be verious curious to find out.)
    I would like to know their age range as well. I am basing my assumption off of the classes I am teaching at my University, and statistical data of what age groups are playing video games on mobile or app games. 
    We had an age poll last month and the vast majority (90+%) of the 300+ responders were over the age of 30.  Now those are forum users and not the player base as a whole, but I would not think that the majority of players are Millennials.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion said:
    Philly484 said:
    Vhailorx said:
    We had an age poll last month and the vast majority (90+%) of the 300+ responders were over the age of 30.  Now those are forum users and not the player base as a whole, but I would not think that the majority of players are Millennials.
    I said this in the age range poll, theres no way the majority of people playing this game are young people. Young folk nowadays want things right now. This game is far too long winded to keep a young persons attention. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion said:
    Philly484 said:
    Vhailorx said:
    Probably not. But forums are an older form of social media they are not likely to come here. Do a Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or Snapchat and you’d see results skewed the other way I’d think. 
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    broll said:
    Orion said:
    Philly484 said:
    Vhailorx said:
    Probably not. But forums are an older form of social media they are not likely to come here. Do a Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or Snapchat and you’d see results skewed the other way I’d think. 
    Hence the point I make. What we call veterans players, probably are in the majority over 30 category. Millennials are age range 15 -25ish age range, and he 300 mentioned above doesn't account for the lack of the whole player base. I would say if I had to guess, since they were trying to target New players buy only releasing champs that are current in MCU and Comics, and not lesser known. I would estimate there are more younger players then their are us Vets.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Philly484 said:
    broll said:
    Orion said:
    Philly484 said:
    Vhailorx said:
    Hence the point I make. What we call veterans players, probably are in the majority over 30 category. Millennials are age range 15 -25ish age range, and he 300 mentioned above doesn't account for the lack of the whole player base. I would say if I had to guess, since they were trying to target New players buy only releasing champs that are current in MCU and Comics, and not lesser known. I would estimate there are more younger players then their are us Vets.

I don't think the favortism towards recent/current characters is about demographics, at least not directly.  It's about multi-platform tie-in and brand building.  Why do a cross-media licensing deal to make mobile marvel games if not for the synergy.  A comics-licensed game doesn't do as much to promote comics sales if they contain different characters.  Same with the heavy use of MCU characters here (especially important since I think the Marvel movies are way more profitable than the actual comics now). 

No doubt Marvel and d3 want to get as many millenials as possible since it they are a more valuable marketing pool, so maybe we are just saying the same thing in different ways. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Win based progression certainly feeds the millennial instant gratification attitude. No need to build a big roster to get all the rewards, just grind the wins
  • The rockett
    Options
    This is truly nuts.  Did they just walk away from giving us any information on this?  How the heck are we to tell our ally's what is going on?  
  • BruJr2
    BruJr2 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Philly484 said:
    Its not a bad guess to start with general statistics on video game play - what you have neglected is the nostalgia shift; this game revolves around characters developed and introduced in the 60's - 90's for the most part; a very small selection (Kamala Khan, Miles, and Riri, for example, plus a few others - all of whom were a part of Marvel's big "diversity" push) of more recent characters have been introduced. Even relatively new team-ups like the Guardians of the Galaxy are based on characters established in the 70's and 80's ( I had the full limited edition run of Rocket Racoon that I purchased at a 7 Eleven month by month). This nostalgia did a lot to feed the start-up of the MCU, and probably influenced the average age range for this game.
  • STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ANY INFO ON THE REWARD SYSTEM?
  • The rockett
    Options
    @Brigby don't worry.  Storm Preview is up.