Time Gem Season Updates *Updated (10/19/17)

Comments

• corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    He was being facetious. No one wants to buy health. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is what some of us have been saying.  All the tests were in the offseason with different boosted chars.  Now we are in the season and all ally's will be playing.  It you thought the 40 wins would be easy with PVE as well, lets see what happens for the full season. 
    Never thought for a second 40 wins would be easy, I've just held off commenting until I actually tried it out. Having tried the Storm event now, I dont believe 40 wins will be achievable for someone who also plays PVE heavily, without buying health packs. You take far too much damage each fight. 
  • corytutor
    Rockett is right. 
  • Nick441234
    I'm in a high end PVE alliance, so that will always be my priority. I wont buy health packs, I wont ever buy health packs. So in my case, and I imagine plenty others, PVE and PVP have now become two separate modes where you can only play one or the other. I'm not so fussed if I cant play PVP, it will just bring down how much time I spend on the game. Thats probably a good thing. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm in a high end PVE alliance, so that will always be my priority. I wont buy health packs, I wont ever buy health packs. So in my case, and I imagine plenty others, PVE and PVP have now become two separate modes where you can only play one or the other. I'm not so fussed if I cant play PVP, it will just bring down how much time I spend on the game. Thats probably a good thing. 

I Thank You for being honest with this.  This is the exact opposite of what they want to happen.  They wanted people to play more and buy health packs.  Again, once more see this and understand the big picture of this change, I think more will be not too happy with it or not even play PVP that much.  Heck, even less. 
  • Nick441234

I Thank You for being honest with this.  This is the exact opposite of what they want to happen.  They wanted people to play more and buy health packs.  Again, once more see this and understand the big picture of this change, I think more will be not too happy with it or not even play PVP that much.  Heck, even less. 
    I guess it depends the type of person you are. I've been playing this game 3 years now, I'm the type who buys VIP each month, but thats largely it. I play this game as a hobby, and thoroughly enjoy it, but I would never play it to the level where it became a job as then I wouldn't enjoy it anymore. 

I will give the season a chance and see how it goes, I think Simulator would still be achievable on top of my PVE schedule, but I'll have to see how the other events play out. If I find I cant really get very far in those without leaving me enough health packs for PVE, I will simply stop playing them from next season onwards and focus only on finishing Simulator each season.
  • corytutor
    I think many will follow that path
  • Nick441234
    edited October 2017
    If anything, I think these changes will make it easier for people to decide what they want to do. It seems to me straight away that it probably wont be possible to play PVE and PVP to a high level in both. Theres no maybe, no possibly, its a straight up no. That would make it very easy for me, as a PVE player, to drop PVP without feeling bad about it at all. If anything, that would in the long run probably feel like a relief. It will leave me more time to do other things. 
  • Nick441234
    OJSP said:
    If anything, I think these changes will make it easier for people to decide what they want to do. It seems to me straight away that it probably wont be possible to play PVE and PVP to a high level in both. Theres no maybe, no possibly, its a straight up no. That would make it very easy for me, as a PVE player, to drop PVP without feeling bad about it at all. 
    Good for you for having that common sense. Not many people would do that.
    Its a game, man. I play it cause I enjoy it. If it becomes more than that for anyone on here, they really need to think about whether they should keep playing it. Or at least pull back how much you play until you reach a point where you do enjoy it again. 

I'm over 1000 days playing now, and fully accept I'll never catch the big spenders up, so I play at my level and I enjoy playing at that level. I spend at least 2 hours a day on this game, I'm fine with that. I wont let it become more than that because theres more to life than MPQ. I also imagine it gets quite stressful trying to keep up with all the events, wheres the fun?   
  • Nick441234
    Bowgentle said:
    If anything, I think these changes will make it easier for people to decide what they want to do. It seems to me straight away that it probably wont be possible to play PVE and PVP to a high level in both. Theres no maybe, no possibly, its a straight up no. That would make it very easy for me, as a PVE player, to drop PVP without feeling bad about it at all. If anything, that would in the long run probably feel like a relief. It will leave me more time to do other things. 
    It's possible to play both even with the changes.
    If you've been a 1200+ player and t10 in PVE you know how to do it.

Which is why we've been saying that 40 wins is madness.

But hey we've only been here for four years, much better to listen to the little guys, indeed.
    I'm sure it is possible to play both even with the changes, but without buying health packs? I cant believe it would be healthy to either. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:
    Here's another thing,  yes This change is worse the higher you go.  If you were a 899 player,  thus is worse for you,  out will be soon.. The first time you hit 900 but still need 7, 10, 14 more wins to get that cover you'll understand
    This is a double-edged sword.  It's possible for it take more or less depending on your roster and how you play.  My guess is the 40 win number is probably an average number of wins for people hitting 900.  Remember there are more people the lower you get vs the higher...
  • corytutor
    Tint is on point. 

I can hit 900 in less than 20 fights if i average 50 points or more. 

Last run 40 wins put me 1300 or above, everytime. 
  • Bertibrecht
    Bertibrecht Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Your Ignorance did cost you another regular customer. Keep your stupid decisions and i keep my money.
  • Bertibrecht
    Bertibrecht Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    On second thought  its even better to keep my time and quit playing. Bye
  • Nick441234
    Having looked over the rewards again my intention is to finish Simulator, which I do feel is a reasonable amount of wins for a season. My intention is also to aim for the 166 wins ISO in the seasons rewards. I'll leave it at that I think.