Time Gem Season Updates *Updated (10/19/17)

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Already 20 wins into storm, basicly just get someone with a roster you can beat and they have that can beat yours back. Just becomes a back and forth for wins on each side.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    It's already happening.  5* teams flocking to cl7 for the cp. oh well....
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    And 6. And 5. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's already happening.  5* teams flocking to cl7 for the cp. oh well....
    I've been playing in 7 for the last 10 seasons.
    6 and 5 are new, but get used to it.
    Thank your Demiurge overlords.
  • reapermort
    reapermort Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    corytutor said:
    And 6. And 5. 
    What a surprise. Whales and super developed rosters crowding out the clearance levels that were intended for the development of high 3 and beginning of 4's just like they do in PVE.
  • corytutor
    Working as intended
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,785 Chairperson of the Boards
    I couldn't care less, this is nothing new. Day 1 when CL were introduced I said all that would happen is people would drop down when they didn't want the 4 star, this is nothing new. All the Devs needed to do if they cared is lock you into the season level you choose, so you can't choose CL7 for a season and 5 for an event. I'm a year past caring about people dropping down, the rewards they are taking from people rain down anyway in cover form.

It's getting kind of funny the bitterness from people not getting their own way. Let's be honest though people only care when it affects them. Cakes where dropped and the top of the game only cared for as long as it took them to realise they now had their own 5* grilling club that advanced them further while dropping the mid tier who would now find it extremely hard to play their game.

Let them crowd out lower CL like they do in PVE, since they did that I am having an easier time getting new releases in the higher levels while they slum it. I can get very good placement and better rewards now they freed the higher levels up. Just move one CL up from where they all slum and you can get better finishes even without the 5* essential.

I don't care where they slum in pvp, I will get the few wins I need and move along. At least they now have to battle each other for the 10CP. The more of them that slum it the better, the more that have to fight each other for placement.

• corytutor
    He got it!
  • Tony_Foot
    Milk Jugz said:

This post reeks of ignorance of the communication between top end players. You honestly believe they will all slum and fight each other for placement?? Haha!! They will coordinate with each other to spread out as evenly as possible and you will find the top 10 of every bracket in every clearance level 5-8 filled with 5* rosters. The only exception will be if you get lucky enough to catch a bracket flip near the end of the event. Good luck!!
    Oh absolutely I know they will still fill the top slots, but I have never aimed for that anyway. As they spread themselves out as I said it made it so much easier for me to get better placement as in T20-50 in higher CL. But perhaps your post sheds some light on why they have their knickers in a knot, imagine how little fun it would be to have to co-ordinate to those levels to spread thin and make sure you don't actually have to fight other top rosters for T10. I think if I had to go to those levels I'd be a bit miffed too.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think if I went to those levels I'd be a bit worried that I was taking the game a little too seriously. 
  • Bowgentle
    Tony Foot said:
    Milk Jugz said:

This post reeks of ignorance of the communication between top end players. You honestly believe they will all slum and fight each other for placement?? Haha!! They will coordinate with each other to spread out as evenly as possible and you will find the top 10 of every bracket in every clearance level 5-8 filled with 5* rosters. The only exception will be if you get lucky enough to catch a bracket flip near the end of the event. Good luck!!
    Oh absolutely I know they will still fill the top slots, but I have never aimed for that anyway. As they spread themselves out as I said it made it so much easier for me to get better placement as in T20-50 in higher CL. But perhaps your post sheds some light on why they have their knickers in a knot, imagine how little fun it would be to have to co-ordinate to those levels to spread thin and make sure you don't actually have to fight other top rosters for T10. I think if I had to go to those levels I'd be a bit miffed too.
    You really have no idea.
    Occasionally, even with coordination, we end up with 15+ friendlies in a bracket.
    This is when we laugh, shrug, and ask who really is going for t5.

Snipers etc make stuff unpredictable anyway.
    But we ARE fighting amongst ourselves.

It's not like coordination works out every time, right @spectator, @gmp72
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Having looked over the rewards again my intention is to finish Simulator, which I do feel is a reasonable amount of wins for a season. My intention is also to aim for the 166 wins ISO in the seasons rewards. I'll leave it at that I think. 
    if 166 is your goal, you might want to consider joining at the beginning of each PvP to get max seed teams.

For 10 PvPs, that's 80-100 easy wins for the season for just five minutes per PvP. of time investment (depending on your roster). That plus your 72 from the simulator should get you to 166, or at least close. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's all about helping each other get the top prizes.... Nothing more
  • Tony_Foot
    Bowgentle said:

If you laugh shrug and co-ordinate who is actually going for T5 well then you aren't really fighting amongst yourselves then are you? But yes you are right I had no idea the lengths you were going to with arrange who was going to win.

I don't see the issue then, you still all have your CP sewn up, you deserve it having to play a match 3 that way :)
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Tony Foot said:
    Milk Jugz said:

You really have no idea.
    Occasionally, even with coordination, we end up with 15+ friendlies in a bracket.

It's not like coordination works out every time, right spectator, gmp72
    I got called a sniper by one of my alliance mates after I hit someone 3 times in a row to get to 1200 in one of the off-season events and that person sent a SS to my commander via Line..... Haha.... I don't coordinate, I hit anybody except alliance mates as many times as they pop up and are worth decent enough points..... But I'm also not trying for top 10....
  • Nick441234
    astrp3 said:
    Having looked over the rewards again my intention is to finish Simulator, which I do feel is a reasonable amount of wins for a season. My intention is also to aim for the 166 wins ISO in the seasons rewards. I'll leave it at that I think. 
    if 166 is your goal, you might want to consider joining at the beginning of each PvP to get max seed teams.

For 10 PvPs, that's 80-100 easy wins for the season for just five minutes per PvP. of time investment (depending on your roster). That plus your 72 from the simulator should get you to 166, or at least close. 
    Yep, that is indeed what I'll be doing. Its a comfortable amount to accomplish over a season and will still give me a decent level of prizes. 
  • Bowgentle
    Milk Jugz said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Tony Foot said:
    Milk Jugz said:

You really have no idea.

I got called a sniper by one of my alliance mates after I hit someone 3 times in a row to get to 1200 in one of the off-season events and that person sent a SS to my commander via Line..... Haha.... I don't coordinate, I hit anybody except alliance mates as many times as they pop up and are worth decent enough points..... But I'm also not trying for top 10....
    It's not sniping until you get angry pms.
    That's when you send out a survey.
  • Nick441234
    Milk Jugz said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Tony Foot said:
    Milk Jugz said:

You really have no idea.

I dont think I've ever once looked at the name of people I hit. I simply look at the points. I just dont care as long as they are worth it.