Time Gem Season Updates *Updated (10/19/17)

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony Foot said:
    Given the 40 wins a good play test again today, changed my mind. Effort isn't worth the reward. Didn't get seeds, could have hit 900 at 23ish wins and that was with hitting whatever I could regardless of points. Spent the day climbing to 850 and waiting for hits, rinse and repeat. Currently on 31 wins and hating myself.

There's no way in hell I will step up to 5* with this system and I'm 2 weeks away from 300 pulls. Won't be bothering.

Like the idea in general over the old system but points and wins is confusing as hell, mixed bag of nothing. 40 wins is still far too much. I'm so glad I'm about done with bothering needing to chase 4* covers because it's too much for me.
    Welcome to the Dark SIde
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    23 wins. 870 points. T4 imb. Only hitting wins to preserve t10 now. 19hrs left i dont think I'll see 40 and couldnt be happier about it. 40 is waay too much
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Milk Jugz said:
    Tony Foot said:
    Given the 40 wins a good play test again today, changed my mind. Effort isn't worth the reward. Didn't get seeds, could have hit 900 at 23ish wins and that was with hitting whatever I could regardless of points. Spent the day climbing to 850 and waiting for hits, rinse and repeat. Currently on 31 wins and hating myself.

There's no way in hell I will step up to 5* with this system and I'm 2 weeks away from 300 pulls. Won't be bothering.

Like the idea in general over the old system but points and wins is confusing as hell, mixed bag of nothing. 40 wins is still far too much. I'm so glad I'm about done with bothering needing to chase 4* covers because it's too much for me.
    Welcome to the Dark SIde
    Welcome tp the side of acknowledging the obvious.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Tony Foot said:

I guess this system is for those times you really need or want that cover. Lets say you have a 5-2-5 X-23 and you need that red to champ her, you can make an effort & get the cover. If on the other hand you have a 4-4-4 Mr Fantastic and you don't plan on champing anytime soon, you can just skip the challenge. 

As a casual player I found myself sometimes with nothing to play because I would not be optimal anymore or I was shielded. With this system I could play and not have drawbacks. 

Win some, lose some. Not a perfect system, not sure if better than old one or not, but we have to deal with it now. 
  • Milk Jugz
    D4Ni13 said:
    Tony Foot said:

I guess this system is for those times you really need or want that cover. Lets say you have a 5-2-5 X-23 and you need that red to champ her, you can make an effort & get the cover. If on the other hand you have a 4-4-4 Mr Fantastic and you don't plan on champing anytime soon, you can just skip the challenge. 

As a casual player I found myself sometimes with nothing to play because I would not be optimal anymore or I was shielded. With this system I could play and not have drawbacks. 

Win some, lose some. Not a perfect system, not sure if better than old one or not, but we have to deal with it now. 
    Considering I don't have any max champ 4s, my closest is 320 AC and he's 16 levels over the next closest, I need/want ALL the 4* covers. I was able to consistently get them when at 900......
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Milk Jugz said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Tony Foot said:

Considering I don't have any max champ 4s, my closest is 320 AC and he's 16 levels over the next closest, I need/want ALL the 4* covers. I was able to consistently get them when at 900......
    yes, but as been stated before, it's not about what the individual can get, but what the masses can.  for every one of us that are in that situation, i bet there are thousands that are not.  

i have the day off tomorrow.  so instead of sitting behind a shield and not playing tomorrow, i can play all day, at my leisure.  i'm also sure that there will be days where it doesn't benefit me.  by keeping an open mind about it, i hope to not be as bitter about it as some people are when that happens.
  • Milk Jugz
    edited October 2017
    Milk Jugz said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Tony Foot said:

yes, but as been stated before, it's not about what the individual can get, but what the masses can.  for every one of us that are in that situation, i bet there are thousands that are not.  

i have the day off tomorrow.  so instead of sitting behind a shield and not playing tomorrow, i can play all day, at my leisure.  i'm also sure that there will be days where it doesn't benefit me.  by keeping an open mind about it, i hope to not be as bitter about it as some people are when that happens.
    Yes, exactly what I want to do on my one day off a week. Screw my wife, daughter, life. I'll play MPQ all day!!!! There are other things I want to do. I could get that cover much faster/easier before win based. Come on, spud!!!

EDIT: In Cat-5 I've already been to 900 twice, at 22 wins and 28 wins. I want to be shielded to the end and not *have* to play tonight or tomorrow.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Milk Jugz said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Tony Foot said:

Yes, exactly what I want to do on my one day off a week. Screw my wife, daughter, life. I'll play MPQ all day!!!! There are other things I want to do. I could get that cover much faster/easier before win based. Come on, spud!!!

EDIT: In Cat-5 I've already been to 900 twice, at 22 wins and 28 wins. I want to be shielded to the end and not *have* to play tonight or tomorrow.
    That's exactly where I'm at.
    Played to 800 with my 4s, dumped, sitting at 700 with 20 wins.
    Screw 40, I'll do my normal climb tomorrow for alliance points and think long and hard about sniping brackets in the last 8 again - something I haven't done in about a year.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still believe the wins option is better than how it was. The problem is they've set the bar way too high. Lower the bar, and I think it would work much better for all players. 

I'm exiting on 16 wins and the 10cp. I simply cant be bothered to play to 40 wins. 
  • Milk Jugz
    @Spudgutter

You keep preaching in this "the other side", the little guy that can't get to 900 at all or regularly. I have a problem with your stance in that we all have been that little guy. I didn't join MPQ a little over 2 years ago and start hitting top progression immediately. We all have been that little guy. We have been telling people keep building your roster, you will get there, we did. With win based what is the incentive to build your roster up? You can grind 40 wins right out of the prologue with the 3 1* characters the game starts you with. As a 3* it was fairly easy to find "easy" targets, a little harder with a 4* roster but they still existed. With a 5* roster "easy" targets do not exist. Where is the incentive to build past a certain point?? @Tony Foot said it in one of these threads (I lost track of which one) win based has killed his incentive to pull his almost 300 LL to jump into 5* land. It actually makes sense for progression to be harder with a low level roster, making progression harder as your roster gets better makes no sense whatsoever.......
  • Spudgutter
    @Milk Jugz

I posted earlier in this same thread to you and you didnt respond, so i will copy/paste

don't believe me?  you have your roster in your signature.  46 champed 3*, 41 champed 4*, and four champed 5*.

now go create an all new account.  Knowing what you know, with your alliance connections, knowledge of good versus bad characters, how and when to hoard which tokens and any other little tidbit that would give you a leg up on another new player.  under the current system, how long until you have a comparable roster?  how long would it take for someone without your insight?  

now try to tell me with a straight face that a new person can't get there a little bit quicker just by grinding out 40 wins an event and getting all those 4* that much quicker.
  • corytutor
    So they got a 4. 

Until they have all 2s and 3s it dont mean much if anything
  • corytutor
    If they aren't smart enough to see that its going to take up a valuable roster slot as they continue to struggle with not having iso or hp or essential toons
  • Milk Jugz
    edited October 2017
    @Milk Jugz

I posted earlier in this same thread to you and you didnt respond, so i will copy/paste

don't believe me?  you have your roster in your signature.  46 champed 3*, 41 champed 4*, and four champed 5*.

now go create an all new account.  Knowing what you know, with your alliance connections, knowledge of good versus bad characters, how and when to hoard which tokens and any other little tidbit that would give you a leg up on another new player.  under the current system, how long until you have a comparable roster?  how long would it take for someone without your insight?  

now try to tell me with a straight face that a new person can't get there a little bit quicker just by grinding out 40 wins an event and getting all those 4* that much quicker.
    First of all, I saw this and didn't think it dignified a response.... See what I did there?

Secondly, I acknowledged that fact in my post to you
    Milk Jugz said:
    @Spudgutter

You can grind 40 wins right out of the prologue with the 3 1* characters the game starts you with.
    I deleted the rest to keep the length on this down.

Third, that doesn't answer my question. What is the incentive to build your roster up when the game punishes you for it?

No matter what you say I'll maintain this, it makes no sense to have progression get harder as you make your roster better. But, it makes sense for progression to be hard with a lesser roster.
  • corytutor
    Mpq has a history of abusing you more the stronger you get.

Scaling. Mmr. 5* nodes. High priced roster slots. And now more toons than you could ever iso. 

• Spudgutter
    @Milk Jugz

Considering i wasn't literally insulting anyone, i don't see what you did there?  I asked a legitimate question that you didnt answer twice now.  Yes, you could grind 40 wins with 1* now, but as cory pointed out, you still wouldnt have 2* and 3* so i don't get your response. 

I guess it's partly my fault for answering a question with a question.

To answer yours, though, i dont know why they punish you for progressing.  And yet all of us are still playing. Me, you, cory tonyfoot, etc.  I agree, you aren't changing your mind, but you arent going to stop playing either.
  • corytutor
    I am. Barely. But i am. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Participation PVP lets players hits progressions before they are ready to use them. Just what the noobs always wanted.

And if those noobs pony up for slots, just what the devs always wanted, too: new spenders!

Skipping 4*s to go straight to 5s was questionable. It was short-term gain for players that created huge iso "debts".

Imagine trying to skip 3s to go straight to 4s? That's straight up crippling. New players won't know any better.

How long does it take to hit rank 32 these days?  Is anyone who can join cl7 and grind that 4* cover really a new player?  Are we arguing about the effect of this change in the noob when it really only affects players who have been around for months?